1.    #1  
    Not big news really seeing as its been in stock at CPW pretty much continuously, but thought I'd point it out since there are a few more vodafone contract and cashback options to be had.

Kinda confirms that the lengthy delay after all the Pre3s initially went out of stock was taken up by CPW group using its muscle to grab all the remaining QWERTY EU pre3s rather than let any of the online retailers or the Palm Eurostore have any. I suppose it was good for HP too: just one big retailer to offload all of the handsets to rather than having to deal with lots of smaller companies separately.

The pricing suggests they got them at the firesale pricepoint too. Just wish they sold them sim free.
    how much of their selling price ?
    The deals are no where near as good as they were - I remember seeing 12 Months, with 9 months free by redemption. That effectively meant that you'd be getting 12 months contract AND the Pre3 for around 108 after all the redemptions - wish I'd just bought it when I'd seen it!
  4.    #4  
    Starting from the same as CPW: 10.50 pcm, 24month contract on vodafone, with no mobile internet.

Its just there are a few more options on mobiles.co.uk than CPW offer, thats all.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    The deals are no where near as good as they were - I remember seeing 12 Months, with 9 months free by redemption. That effectively meant that you'd be getting 12 months contract AND the Pre3 for around 108 after all the redemptions - wish I'd just bought it when I'd seen it!
    Yeah me too! I guess CPW group feel they can charge more than that. Plus I'm rubbish at remembering to redeem those things

EDIT: on a related note, I just popped into CPW and asked about buying sim free (even though its not offered so online anymore). Apparently you still can but still at 480 or something crazy. So buying back a vodafone contract at 252 is still the cheapest way to get a sim free uk pre3 at the moment. In some ways I hope no one buys one so they bring the price down
    Last edited by Andyf; 09/28/2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Yeah me too! I guess CPW group feel they can charge more than that. Plus I'm rubbish at remembering to redeem those things

EDIT: on a related note, I just popped into CPW and asked about buying sim free (even though its not offered so online anymore). Apparently you still can but still at 480 or something crazy. So buying back a vodafone contract at 252 is still the cheapest way to get a sim free uk pre3 at the moment. In some ways I hope no one buys one so they bring the price down
    Yeah, that's what I was worrying about. They're really stringent about when you send in your redemption, then I think there was a period before they send out a cheque AND THEN after all that you've got to pay it in!

I just went for the 10.50 month, 24 months. Added my T-Mobile sim, and I'm paying less than I was, but now with a great phone. Me = happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Just wish they sold them sim free.
    You are confusing 'contract free' with 'SIM free'. The Pre3 being sold by 'CPW' is 'SIM FREE'. I should know, since I got one from them and I am using it in India with a local SIM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    You are confusing 'contract free' with 'SIM free'. The Pre3 being sold by 'CPW' is 'SIM FREE'. I should know, since I got one from them and I am using it in India with a local SIM.
    Yeah 'SIM unlocked' you mean. Sim free and contract free mean the same thing to me anyway- i.e. A phone sold without sim card and therefore contract.

I was just saying I wish they'd sell off contract and at a reasonable price. But yes, I agree that all CPW and mobiles.co.uk sold Pre3 are SIM unlocked

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Andyf; 09/28/2011 at 07:18 AM.