it may be a little bit early but i'll ask it all the same.. anyone using pre 3 having hardware problems.. like oreo effect, phone kept switching off due to loose battery etc.. like in previous pre phones?
    Considering how awesome the build quality on the Veer is, I'd be very surprised if the Pre3 exhibited any of the problems in the original Pre line.*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS user since 20090606.
    I've had my Pre 3 for about a month.

Lots of things I completely love and build quality is much better than I remember ony my o2 UK Pre -.

Very slight oreo (less than 1 mm I would say) and a slight rock from the bottom left corner to top right as you look at the phone.

Nothing that I am worried about but if someone pointed a screw to tighten I probably would.

Overall very good, great screen and very snappy.

With mode switcher I can get 1.5 days of normal use. Mode switcher is amazing and adds functionality that my iphone and android friends drool at (on top of the general WebOS good stuff anyway).
    After 2 weeks I have found no hardware problems.

The build quality is great. It looks and feels very good.

If I was looking for something to nitpick I'd say that the power button would profit a bit from slightly less play. But it certainly has better click than the Pre-.

The mute button is more elegantly done - but that comes at the price of not being as easily used without looking. I could easily mute/unmute my Pre- without looking. That still can be done on the Pre3 - just not as easily.

Almost everything is just better on the Pre3.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Nothing to note so far - except a slight rocking of the slider when it is fully out. If I push the bottom RHS of the screen, it moves upwards ever so slightly.

The physical keyboard is just great!
    not yet. it is some perfect phone with webOS .
    Just a bit of a rattle from the ringer switch on mine - that's all. Everything else feels to be solid and awesome [strokes phone]
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Brilliant phone, much better build than my O2 pre+. The only issue i have is that even though the screen(which i love oh so much) is made from gorilla glass, i find it scratches for to easily. i have to v.noticable scrates on my Pre3 and its my second one. i sent the first back for the same reason. has anyone suffered this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I think the back cover could do some work. It took me half an hour to remove mine. Seems like something got stuck. The old Pre back is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    I think the back cover could do some work. It took me half an hour to remove mine. Seems like something got stuck. The old Pre back is better.
    Yeah, I had a lot of trouble getting mine off first... I felt like I was going to break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    Yeah, I had a lot of trouble getting mine off first... I felt like I was going to break it.
    Same here but it got easier so either something loosened up or I just got the knack.
    Hehe getting the backcover off to insert my sim was a challange, i was so afraid and do something wrong which could braik my new brand new phone. dont want to do it again i hope i dont have to in the near future

Anyway, build quality is awesome, especially for me who was using a pre- before the pre3. I dont have anything to complain about my unit. Slider is rocksolid, keyboard is awesome, screen is awesome... and so on and on..
    Hope this phone gets a bit of webos support after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Hehe getting the backcover off to insert my sim was a challange, i was so afraid and do something wrong which could braik my new brand new phone. dont want to do it again i hope i dont have to in the near future
    You are correct to be wary.
    In removing the back cover, I managed to 'chip' the cheap plastic dimple on the backcover's volume up rocker so that I can no longer "increase" volume with the backcover on. (I can increase with cover off by pushing the actual switch on the board).

As such, I have had to place the sounds/ringtones app on my launcher to ensure I have the ability to increase volume if needed.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.