Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    Note that the majority of the patches are contributed by various homebrew developers who are not part of WebOS Internals. Those folks should be thanked too.

We created and maintain the architecture and infrastructure which allows the many patches from those developers to magically appear in the Preware feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    carldc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    I think that the individuals at the begining of this thread should post a personal apology to Rod & his team for expecting patches to appear out of thin air. WEBOS Internals is not a commercial organisataion, they do this for the WEBOS community, not for profit.

Most people on here are very appreciative of Rod & all the patch writers efforts, but there will always be a minority who aren't.
    Agreed. While one might could use the noob defense, I don't think it applies here. Whoever has an ATT Pre3 is in the know, in the loop, LOVES webOS or a combination of all three. Therefore, they should understand how/where the patches come from.
    Rod;

I don't have my ATT Pre 3 yet (coming this Friday), and I want to thank you for being so proactive in getting those patches ready for it.

You, and all the people that provide homebrew, are truly invaluable to this community.

I could never thank you all enough, but, when donation time comes around, I try to dig deep, as well!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

And thanks for the AUPT that allows us to just install the OTA without worrying about removing patches first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I count 111 patches for each of webOS 2.2.0 and now also for webOS 2.2.3 ...

How long do you think it took the many patch authors to write, test, and submit each of those 111 patches?

How long do you think it took myself and the other WebOS Internals developers to review and process each of those patches so that they could be safely included in Preware for you to download?

How much time do you think was spent setting up the infrastructure for each new patch feed for a new webOS version?

How much time do you think was spent porting the webOS 2.2.0 patches to webOS 2.2.3?

How much time do you think our WebOS Internals system administrators have spent setting up, maintaining, upgrading, fixing and keeping online the servers which distribute the patches feeds to you?

I simply cannot believe the sense of entitlement and ignorance shown by some people in this thread as to how much time and effort is expended by a group of volunteers who ask for nothing but donations to cover hosting and development hardware expenses.

-- Rod
    Though I didn't use Preware and patches on my phone, but the help and knowledge from here is invaluable. Thanks, Rod.
  6.    #26  
    I'm very sorry if my original post came across as I was expecting the patches to be ready for 2.2.3 right away. That was not my intention at all. I was simply posting so that people would know if they updated that the patches section would be missing in preware, and also wondering if I had done something wrong to make it disappear. I had an android phone for over a year and developed roms and different things so I know it takes a lot of time and that people do it in their free time. I am new to webOS and love it , and I am still figuring out how preware and everything works. Again I am very sorry that it was taken that way as I was just trying to find out if there was an easy way to get it to show up or if i had broken something, or if someone else had the same problem and had an easy fix. I appreciate everything the homebrew community has done. Thank you so much Rod for everything.
    LCGuy, zfrogz, lexb and 1 others like this.
    Thank you homebrew developers and webos internals for all of your time and keeping this community alive. I greatly appreciate everything you guys do.

xoxo
    Homebrew and Preware, patches, etc. are what makes this OS worthwhile. Thanks to Rod, Jason,........... who have invested their valuable time and extensive skills in the effort.
    T
    anyone with the change log for this 2.2.3 update?

what is fixed in the .3?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12