1.    #1  
    I have an original Pre, had it since the week it came out, I need a new phone...I want a Pre 3, I see all these posts about AT&T Pre 3's...how does this work, they don't have them in stores, if I want one, do i buy one on ebay and then get an ATT contract?
    Yes. There have been lots of people that have found them for 250-500 bucks on eBay
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3.    #3  
    yeah i see one for $425 on ebay right now...16Mb, ATT unlocked
  4.    #4  
    do I just go into an ATT store and say I need a sim card for the phone and sign up for a contract?
    According to several HP employees I spoke with today, (unlocked) AT&T Pre3s are available only to HP employees. Their price is $75 each.

I expect the same situation we see on eBay with Pre3s will occur with Touchpad 4G/64GB starting tomorrow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Yes, you could get one on eBay. No, you don't need to get an ATT contract to use it. Simply an AT&T SIM or for that matter any GSM SIM will do, i.e. if you get an unlocked Pre3.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #7  
    well i'm on sprint right now, so how do i get an att sim card...i know i will have to pay att somehow for this for using their cell service
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    do I just go into an ATT store and say I need a sim card for the phone and sign up for a contract?
    You don't even have to sign up for a contract if you supply the phone. Just set up an account for month-to-month service. I did this when I got my unlocked Pre 2.

I understand that you may also be able to get a prepaid ATT SIM, but I have read in the forums that your data speeds may be slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    According to several HP employees I spoke with today, (unlocked) AT&T Pre3s are available only to HP employees. Their price is $75 each.

I expect the same situation we see on eBay with Pre3s will occur with Touchpad 4G/64GB starting tomorrow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

From your mouth ... errr from this page to gods ears!.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    yeah i see one for $425 on ebay right now...16Mb, ATT unlocked
    If you intend to use the phone with AT&T, then the phone not being unlocked, should not be much of an issue for you.

UNLOCKED: <- Not sure of this. There is contradictory information provided by the seller.
    $310 'Buy It Now' -> HP Pre 3 - 16GB Black - 4G AT&T Smartphone

NOT UNLOCKED:
    $289 'Buy It Now' -> Brand new HP Palm Pre 3 4g (AT&T) Black

$299 'Buy It Now' -> Touchstone with HP Pre 3 AT&T 16GB Smartphone 4G PRE3

$320 'Buy It Now' -> NEW IN BOX HP Pre3 4G Black Smartphone - NO Contract - Own One Now!
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/28/2011 at 07:03 AM.

Sanjay, FYI, that one you have listed as "UNLOCKED" even shows in the description:

Other Info:
    The phone is locked to AT&T.

lol
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    Sanjay, FYI, that one you have listed as "UNLOCKED" even shows in the description:

Other Info:
    The phone is locked to AT&T.
    Under 'Item Specifics' the seller has listed "Carrier: Unlocked". Now which part of the sellers post is an incorrect 'cut & paste', god only knows. But, what it does indicate though, is the general level of technical knowledge the sellers have of the product that they are selling.

Here is an alternate listing.
    UNLOCKED:
    $300 + Free Shipping. 'Buy It Now' -> HP Pre 3 16GB - BRAND NEW (Unlocked) Smartphone
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/28/2011 at 07:09 AM.