webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > OTA Update available for AT&T Pre3
OTA Update available for AT&T Pre3
Like Tree1Likes

Old 09/27/2011, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Title says it all, an OTA update is available. Dont forget to remove your patches first.

Last edited by jaltman; 09/27/2011 at 07:09 PM.
jaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: seretogis
Old 09/27/2011, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

UK Pre3 here, no update available as of yet. Why would they not release the OTA for the Euro PRE3? One would think that would get more love, considering it was actually officially released.

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

Last edited by Sanjay; 09/27/2011 at 08:10 PM.
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
UK Pre3 here, no update available as of yet. Why would they not release the OTA for the Euro PRE3? One would think that would get more love, considering it was actually officially released.
Agreed. Or even an update for the veer *sigh*

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
eighthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not only is the doctor readily available from the WebOS profile website but I just checked from my Pre 3 and received the notice of the OTA update. Downloading now and very happy.

With the doctor available and the OTA updates with no carrier meddling this device is a grand slam!

I can now patch and tweak away with no worries!
Old 09/28/2011, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anybody get new update for WebOS (2.2.3_2207)
devchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

I got it. Installing now.
bela41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

installed it last night
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

So, nobody knows if this OTA fixed anything?
Old 09/29/2011, 03:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi,

i have an german pre3 i think is an Euro device, and no OTA update 2.2.3_2207 nor previous 2.2.0 build 3171. Actual my pre3 has webos 2.2.0 build 3165. What i have to do to get OTA Updates? My devie is activated and i have created a HP account ... I forgot it is an unlocked device
boub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 03:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

What I don't get is the lack of a changelog... Even if it just said various bug fixes that would suffice!
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boub View Post
Hi,

i have an german pre3 i think is an Euro device, and no OTA update 2.2.3_2207 nor previous 2.2.0 build 3171. Actual my pre3 has webos 2.2.0 build 3165. What i have to do to get OTA Updates? My devie is activated and i have created a HP account ... I forgot it is an unlocked device
I use German Pre 3 too, and I already install OTA update 2.2 Build 3171. And I already install UberKernel. Hope newer update come. But I have question.. Wil UberKernel still compatible witj newer firmware? Or to be safe better I uninstall first before doing update?

The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hi,

if you get an update to build 3171 then i am doing something wrong ... i have created an hp profile account does it means my phone is activated? Or is somthing else wrong?
Old 09/29/2011, 01:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

i also own a german Pre3 in germany (qwertz), unlocked like all and with callmobile sim.
I used the same profile that i have been using on my pre- running 2.X and the update 3171 showed up fine, after searching for it.
But no 2.2.3 update yet
Sonic-NKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
Title says it all, an OTA update is available. Dont forget to remove your patches first.

What happens if you don't remove patches first?
I don't think I've ever removed patches on my pre-.
laoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 03:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

hmmm so far no OTA update to build 3171 nor webos 2.2.3.2207
Liked by jaltman likes this.
Old 09/29/2011, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoh View Post
What happens if you don't remove patches first?
I don't think I've ever removed patches on my pre-.
I was wondering the same thing. I got the update and started downloading it, but then went to delete my patches before installing it but they were already gone. So I just installed the update; everything was fine. Reinstalled my patches and everything was fine. (Except for that one about SSL certificates which hosed things up so I removed it.)
circadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by circadia View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I got the update and started downloading it, but then went to delete my patches before installing it but they were already gone. So I just installed the update; everything was fine. Reinstalled my patches and everything was fine. (Except for that one about SSL certificates which hosed things up so I removed it.)
I think the answer is "nothing". A while back, the good folks here developed what they termed AUPT, which I believe stands for Auto-Update Patch Technology (though I'm likely wrong about that -- I'm sure someone will correct me). The technology was incorporated into virtually all patches and meant that you no longer had to remove them before any update. I assume that is still the case here, and you seem to have confirmed it in your post.
...Just more evidence of the genius and devotion of the webOS community!

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
carldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 09:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think patches no need to be removed before update. But about UberKernel that maybe need an answer. Because it said compatible with build 3171 which mean can't work with older build. But how about the next build? I just afraid boot loops happened IF newer build available and I just hit update and then get this horrified problem and make me Doctor my Pre 3.

The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 06:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carldc View Post
I think the answer is "nothing". A while back, the good folks here developed what they termed AUPT, which I believe stands for Auto-Update Patch Technology (though I'm likely wrong about that -- I'm sure someone will correct me). The technology was incorporated into virtually all patches and meant that you no longer had to remove them before any update. I assume that is still the case here, and you seem to have confirmed it in your post.
...Just more evidence of the genius and devotion of the webOS community!
Well, first try didn't go well for me. I've got just a bunch of sonix's Advanced patches installed. Ran the OTA update w/o removing the patches. After the auto restart, went to Preware and updated feeds, 7 of my 9 patches appeared on the update list. "Update all" failed with ipk errors. Tried doing a couple individually, but they failed as well. Restarting now to see if it will work the second time round...

Crap. Restart and EPR didn't work. Gong to the Doctor...

Last edited by marysm; 09/30/2011 at 08:15 PM.
marysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 11:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysm View Post
...Crap. Restart and EPR didn't work. Gong to the Doctor...
Well, I still can't install them. But maybe it is not my phone's fault, according to this post sonix has not updated things yet.
marysm is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0