Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Does anyone knows if it will be released for the unlocked pre3 someday ? Does it improve anything, add functions or such ? Will updates erase my chroot partition if i apply it ?

Thanks !
    makes battery much much worse.
    my phone is running just fine with the update ? maybe your in a low signal area ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think patches no need to be removed before update. But about UberKernel that maybe need an answer. Because it said compatible with build 3171 which mean can't work with older build. But how about the next build? I just afraid boot loops happened IF newer build available and I just hit update and then get this horrified problem and make me Doctor my Pre 3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Rod did answer that. It's quite easy, there are two possiblities:
    1. The update does not update the kernel => the kernel is compatible and will still be working
    2. The update does update the kernel => uberkernel get's overwritten by the new kernel and you will be running on stock kernel

In either case you will have a working kernel and device. So you don't really need to care about the kernel during OTA updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    my phone is running just fine with the update ? maybe your in a low signal area ?
    My battery is pretty bad too actually, but I can't directly relate it to the OTA. My guess it's a combination of Skype and bad signal.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My battery is pretty bad too actually, but I can't directly relate it to the OTA. My guess it's a combination of Skype and bad signal.
    Well no skype installed here, and have a microcell in the house which works well. Literally phone will be sitting unused with email set to poll every 30 minutes (which I hate) and still it dies in 3-4 hours if untouched... Going to doctor and see if something got messed up int he update. Before I was getting 12-15 hours of USE before it died.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12