Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sanjay
  • 1 Post By The Bard
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. First post here.

So I pulled the trigger and got an AT&T Pre 3. I'm very excited but wondering about one detail. The seller says that it has 8GB of flash memory. I even clarified this with her. I thought that the AT&T model was just 16GB. Am I just mistaken or probably her?

Thank you.
    The AT&T model is only 16 GB, she must be mistaken.

Uhh -- you definitely want to see the back of the phone to make sure it is AT&T branded. She might be selling the unbranded unlocked UK version which IS 8 GB and DOES work on AT&T, but it not the "AT&T model"..
  3.    #3  
    In that listing it says "Memory16", perhaps implying that it is 16 GB? The photos look fairly generic, it may be worthwhile to ask to see a photo of the back of it next to your name written on paper or something, and/or more details of the box which should have 16 GB listed somewhere.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I was thinking of asking her that. Strange thing is that she says the manual also says 8 GB.
    • UMTS (900/1900/2100)

That there suggests Euro Pre3 to me.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    LCGuy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    • UMTS (900/1900/2100)

That there suggests Euro Pre3 to me.
    Good catch. Either way, this person clearly doesn't seem to know enough about the product that they are selling. :P
  8.    #8  
    Yeah I need to message her. The positive side of me is just hoping that she copied and pasted the stats from a euro model. The more I think about it the more plausible it gets. I don't believe the outside case would show carrier bands and my pre 2 box didn't have a GB listed. Thank god I love webOS or this would be too much stress.
    Last edited by Xpunksbeendeadx; 09/27/2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: More details
    well, I can say that I am selling an EU Pre 3 with 8 GB of memory inside it and it works darn well for 3G on AT&T's 1900 MHz band. The battery cover/back even says AT&T on it .
    Point I'm making is anyone can change out the back/battery cover. Does it make it an AT&T Pre 3 NO it doesnt.

The reason this EU Pre 3 I have for sale comes with the AT&T branded back/battery cover is simple. The back from the EU Pre 3 I'm selling happens to hold my AT&T Pre 3 on to my automobile touchstones when dealt with potholes and speedbumps.The AT&T branded one doesn't remain attached to the Touchstones in my cars as well.

There's a bit of variation in the amount of grab the Pre 3 backs and the older model touchstones exhibit with each other

BTW its not a difference between the backs on the AT&T and EU Pre 3's specifically, but rather its that every back (no matter whether its from an AT&T Pre 3 or from an EU Pre 3) apparently has just a tad bit more or less magnitism when paired with different touchstones.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    well, I can say that I am selling an EU Pre 3 with 8 GB of memory inside it and it works darn well for 3G on AT&T's 1900 MHz band. The battery cover/back even says AT&T on it .
    Point I'm making is anyone can change out the back/battery cover. Does it make it an AT&T Pre 3 NO it doesnt.

The reason this EU Pre 3 I have for sale comes with the AT&T branded back/battery cover is simple. The back from the EU Pre 3 I'm selling happens to hold my AT&T Pre 3 on to my automobile touchstones when dealt with potholes and speedbumps.The AT&T branded one doesn't remain attached to the Touchstones in my cars as well.

There's a bit of variation in the amount of grab the Pre 3 backs and the older model touchstones exhibit with each other

BTW its not a difference between the backs on the AT&T and EU Pre 3's specifically, but rather its that every back (no matter whether its from an AT&T Pre 3 or from an EU Pre 3) apparently has just a tad bit more or less magnitism when paired with different touchstones.
    Haha thank you for the response. Suffice to say I'm even more confused Well her pictures show AT&T packaging and branding so I don't know what to think now.

Well at least if worse comes to worse I can send it back because it isn't an AT&T Pre 3 as she had claimed.
    I shall be replacing my EU Pre3 with an AT&T (16GB) Pre3, but I am not looking forward to having the AT&T branding on the back.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I shall be replacing my EU Pre3 with an AT&T (16GB) Pre3, but I am not looking forward to having the AT&T branding on the back.
    swap the back cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    swap the back cover?
    Good Idea
    Maybe I will do it too if I buy AT&T Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    cuspie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    swap the back cover?
    Swap it with what. Do you mean with my Euro Pre3's back cover? That wouldn't really solve the problem since I intend on keeping that too.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Swap it with what. Do you mean with my Euro Pre3's back cover? That wouldn't really solve the problem since I intend on keeping that too.
    yeah. Or I guess you could wait till someone's Pre 3 breaks down and is stripped for parts.
    Could someone please verify what all AT&T branding is present on the AT&T Pre3. Other than the AT&T logo on the back cover, that is.