1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

This one puzzles me. When i test data connection speed via some of the test speed sites, I am constantly getting very poor data speeds, more along the Edge speed or vern lower. Yet when i put the same Sim in my Veer, I get better speeds and sometimes greats speeds. The best i Have gotten on the Pre 3 is 400 Kbps, where veer tested in the same location with a sim swap gives about 1.2 mbps. I am on a H20 Prepaid unlimited plan, where I am thinking speeds are more so 3G. I am getting H+ on both devices.

Any ideas? any tweaks i should be making to better data speeds on the Pre 3?

I am thinking of getting a GoPhone Sim to test but not sure if that would help

Cheers

ATM
    Note: You will NOT get an HSPA+ connection on a GoPhone SIM so save your money there.
    Well, you're getting 3G at least. EDGE tops out at 236.8 kbit/s. Not sure why you're not getting HSPA+.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by seretogis View Post
    Note: You will NOT get an HSPA+ connection on a GoPhone SIM so save your money there.
    Would it just say 3G if I go to GoPhone?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Well, you're getting 3G at least. EDGE tops out at 236.8 kbit/s. Not sure why you're not getting HSPA+.
    Actually on the Pre 3, it is mostly Edge or sometimes even lower, very rarely i get more than Edge and close to 3G. The next minute, i pop the sim in the Veer and much better speed test..

Have to add neither device can youtube with much success. So maybe not much merit to the speed test.

How are the speeds on regular post paid AT&T network on the Pre 3. I Might consider moving to that instead if the speeds are much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ameetmedi View Post
    Would it just say 3G if I go to GoPhone?
    Yeah, I never saw "H+" when I had my GoPhone SIM. In the same area with a postpaid SIM I got H+ all the time, with speeds that are about double those I got on 3G.
    my prepaid sim in my veer shows 3g and my speed using speedtest.net range from 2+ to 5+