Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The frequent checking finally paid off !

I could get the WebOS Doctor for my ATT Pre3 from my palm profile page today !!

Rod and other WebOsInternals Gurus, please tell us that we can now safely patch our ATT Pre3 without any 'impersonations' !!
    Rnp and hanggaw like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkamer View Post
    The frequent checking finally paid off !

I could get the WebOS Doctor for my ATT Pre3 from my palm profile page today !!

Rod and other WebOsInternals Gurus, please tell us that we can now safely patch our ATT Pre3 without any 'impersonations' !!
    How did you do that? When I tried to do that it would not allow it complaining that I am using a un registered device.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    carldc likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deewalker View Post
    How did you do that? When I tried to do that it would not allow it complaining that I am using a un registered device.
    That's what it was doing for me until yesterday. But today, it worked !
    I told ya all so. It was inevetable! Nobody wanted to listen.

How many of you who performed the EU conversion of your AT&T Pre 3 for sanity's sake are now going to perform backout procedures in order to return the device to its original doctor?

Now if doctoring could manage to fix my Touchpad 4G, I'd believe in miracles.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    carldc likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

How many of you who performed the EU conversion of your AT&T Pre 3 for sanity's sake are now going to perform backout procedures in order to return the device to its original doctor?

TTB
    I did believe you (on the other thread), TTB and hence held back on the EU conversion !
    I've been pining for an update to my stock 2.2.0 version to fly in OTA. Nothing yet, but I do see the version of this new doctor looks to be 2.2.3 ...........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

TTB
    Have you tried doctoring the Touchpad 4G? The webos-internals wiki has a link for it.

Now if I can just find one to go with my AT&T Pre3 ...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dan Donovan
    Wonder if a VZW doctor will come out

TTB
    I think I'll still go forward with the impersonation though when I get mine, if it means giving me the Bluetooth PAN profile.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've been pining for an update to my stock 2.2.0 version to fly in OTA. Nothing yet, but I do see the version of this new doctor looks to be 2.2.3 ...........
    Very interesting... Anyone who has used the new doctor find any difference between 2.2.0 and 2.2.3??
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am sure its because I posted on Meg Whitman's twitter page to RELEASE THE DOCTOR!!!
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I am still waiting for my $385 Pre3 to arrive from CA. Knowing I will have a proper Doctor to fall back on makes the extra $100 I paid (versus today's prices) less painful.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts

At least I HOPE it's good news!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post

I am still waiting for my $385 Pre3 to arrive from CA. Knowing I will have a proper Doctor to fall back on makes the extra $100 I paid (versus today's prices) less painful.
    I paid more than you did (and just got it yesterday) and I was beginning to sweat. Now if we can only get spare parts...
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Doctoring my new AT&T Pre 3 that came in this morning!!! Lets see...16% complete.
    This is great news, i've had my Pre 3 in a drawer for a week waiting for the Doctor solution. Every Pre I've had so far (2 Pre+ and a Pre2) needed a Doctor soon after arrival, this will make me breathe easier knowing there is a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Thank you for the information Jason,, I like TTB knew it would be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Have you tried doctoring the Touchpad 4G? The webos-internals wiki has a link for it.

Now if I can just find one to go with my AT&T Pre3 ...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I don't think you understand what the problem with it is. . I'm too embarrassed to repoost the pictures. they are in another thread here though.
    Looking to snag a replacement. Yes I already have the doctor in hand
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I think I'll still go forward with the impersonation though when I get mine, if it means giving me the Bluetooth PAN profile.
    I was playing around with my veer trying to remove Att limits on it. I figured it out. It's pretty simple, but you have to be willing to do an erase Apps and data. But that's a lot easier than impersonation.

It seems there are a couple of configuration json files that get run by the first use app. It's then that the limits are placed on the system database. I have yet to figure out how to remove them once they are there. But if you edit these configuration files, before you run the first use app then you can keep the limits from being applied.

I made a simple patch, but you could do it by hand.

the files are all in /usr/lib/luna/customization/

You want to remove all your other patches first. Then install this patch, then make sure you do an Erase Apps and Data. You will get the pan profile back and the ability to choose 3g, 2g, etc.

This patch is based off the new doctor. Don't worry about the removal of
    Code:
    "allowEditVoicemail": true
    There are 2 entries for it and this will stop the extra step and possible error from duplicate keys.

edit: It seems there is a difference in the Veer and Att Pre3. It is not as simple as the Veer. I believe to get this to work on the Pre3 you would have to remove the files that tell the system first use ran.

The following files and directories might have to be removed before erasing the device. You can use the linux commands to remove them. If you don't know how to run these commands on your Pre3, then you probably should not attempt this:
    Code:
    rm /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    rm -r /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.firstuse_0/
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/Customization
    edit: don't uninstall the patch before erase apps and data or you will put the limits back in. You won't need to reinstall it later, unless you doctor or an OTA updates those files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frantid; 10/01/2011 at 06:18 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast