Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

It seems there is a difference in the Veer and Att Pre3..................................................It just means that extra steps were taken on the Pre3 to prevent what we are attempting to do.

The following files and directories might have to be removed before erasing the device. You can use the linux commands to remove them. If you don't know how to run these commands on your Pre3, then you probably should not attempt this:
    Code:
    rm /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    rm -r /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.firstuse_0/
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/Customization
    So is this all you would have to do? I am very keen to remove the ATT branding on my new PRE3? Has anyone done this yet on a PRE3?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    So is this all you would have to do? I am very keen to remove the ATT branding on my new PRE3? Has anyone done this yet on a PRE3?
    Which pieces of the branding do you want to remove? There are several json files that contain the instructions for what to load up on the phone when the first use app is run. You have to edit these files to remove items.

I removed the Att contacts, bookmarks, wifi profiles and phone app restrictions from my veers. To remove the att bootup graphic, I found a thread that gave the directions on which file to change.

You have to edit the files. Then run those commands. Then do an erase apps and data.

The files are here:
    /usr/lib/luna/customization/

their names are:
    customization.json
    loc_customization_en_US.json
    loc_customization_es_US.json
    system_customization.json
    Last edited by frantid; 03/07/2012 at 04:45 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Which pieces of the branding do you want to remove? There are several json files that contain the instructions for what to load up on the phone when the first use app is run. You have to edit these files to remove items.

I removed the Att contacts, bookmarks, wifi profiles and phone app restrictions from my veers. To remove the att bootup graphic, I found a thread that gave the directions on which file to change.

You have to edit the files. Then run those commands. Then do an erase apps and data.

The files are here:
    /usr/lib/luna/customization/

their names are:
    customization.json
    loc_customization_en_US.json
    loc_customization_es_US.json
    system_customization.json
    Hey thanks for that, when you say "edit" do you mean delete?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Hey thanks for that, when you say "edit" do you mean delete?
    No don't delete the files you have to edit them to remove the pieces you don't want.

But you have to be careful that you keep the json structure correct. If you delete something you have to look at the curly braces starting "{" and ending "}". So I cut out pieces that look like this:

cut out
    {
    "_kind": "com.palm.contact.palmprofile:1",
    "_sync": false,
    "accountId": "carrier_defaults",
    "name": {
    "familyName": "AT&T *Now"
    },
    "phoneNumbers": [
    {
    "value": "*669",
    "type": "type_work"
    }
    ],
    "organizations": [
    {
    "name": "AT&T"
    }
    ],
    "photos": [
    {
    "type": "type_square",
    "value": "/usr/lib/luna/customization/contact/att-contact-picture-50.png",
    "localPath": "/usr/lib/luna/customization/contact/att-contact-picture-50.png"
    },
    {
    "type": "type_big",
    "value": "/usr/lib/luna/customization/contact/att-contact.png",
    "localPath": "/usr/lib/luna/customization/contact/att-contact.png"
    }
    ]
    },
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234