Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Have you tried doctoring the Touchpad 4G? The webos-internals wiki has a link for it.
    yeah ttb, try that!

@dgdonovan - he kinda like a little bit sort of like ummmm.... RAN OVER his 4G with his car. medic!
    What is Bluetooth PAN? Why should I do all this to get that functionality.

Only thing I'm really waiting for.. Is a fix to get HSPA+ on these unlocked device or 2.2 firmware for the VEER....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post

Only thing I'm really waiting for.. Is a fix to get HSPA+ on these unlocked device or 2.2 firmware for the VEER....

There won't be HSPA+ for the unlocked EU version. It doesn't have the right frequencies.

If you mean on an unlocked Pre3 4G, an unlocked Pre3 4G has HSPA+ just fine on AT&T...

Bluetooth PAN = tethering via Bluetooth.

Also if you're referring to the phone showing H+ instead of 3G, H+ only appears if you run on AT&T. There are reports that the phone is still on HSPA+ even if 3G is displayed, someone on Telstra demonstrated that already. H+ is merely cosmetic.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    There won't be HSPA+ for the unlocked EU version. It doesn't have the right frequencies.

If you mean on an unlocked Pre3 4G, an unlocked Pre3 4G has HSPA+ just fine on AT&T...
    Pre3 att ..

I have a veer.. Unlocked on the fido network, no hspa.. Prolly gonna be the same case for the pre 3...

Unlocking = removal of that feature?

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    ...It seems there are a couple of configuration json files that get run by the first use app....But if you edit these configuration files, before you run the first use app then you can keep the limits from being applied.

I made a simple patch, but you could do it by hand.

the files are all in /usr/lib/luna/customization/

You want to remove all your other patches first. Then install this patch, then make sure you do an Erase Apps and Data. You will get the pan profile back and the ability to choose 3g, 2g, etc.

This patch is based off the new doctor...
    Can I do this patch/editing on my brand new phone when I first set it up without having to erase? If so, would you mind explaining the steps I'd need to follow? Thanks.
    I think he is referring to the one he drove over....he needs the trauma ER doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I don't think you understand what the problem with it is. . I'm too embarrassed to repoost the pictures. they are in another thread here though.
    Looking to snag a replacement. Yes I already have the doctor in hand
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Pre3 att ..

I have a veer.. Unlocked on the fido network, no hspa.. Prolly gonna be the same case for the pre 3...

When you unlock you dont remove any features at all, all it does is lets you you a sim card from any gsm provider. The only way you loose hspa is if you use any other provider besides att.
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Can I do this patch/editing on my brand new phone when I first set it up without having to erase? If so, would you mind explaining the steps I'd need to follow? Thanks.
    I don´t think so, the first use app starts when you turn on the phone the first time. It is the app responsible for the prompt to choose the language. So if you've chosen your language, then the limits are already on the phone.

If it's a new device, erasing is not that big of a deal. I live in an unsupported country so I have to activate with Impostah. Erasing is just one of the steps. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes. With a new device there aren't that many things you have to reinstall after an erase.

After the Impostah steps (if you need to use Impostah because of app catalog, not required for this to work). With a new device, it's pretty simple:

1. Install the patch with webOS QI. -- it will say you have to install lsdiff and gnu patch, do that as well.

2. Erase Apps and Data. It will reboot.

3. Setup your new phone without Att's gsm radio limits.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    How many of you who performed the EU conversion of your AT&T Pre 3 for sanity's sake are now going to perform backout procedures in order to return the device to its original doctor?
    Not I, since my phone runs in Australia, not on AT&T

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Pre3 att ..

But it says 3G right?

I'm on Bell and there is no way the phone will work if it's not running on HSPA UMTS. Bell doesn't have a fallback GSM, and mine says 3G.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    yeah ttb, try that!

@dgdonovan - he kinda like a little bit sort of like ummmm.... RAN OVER his 4G with his car. medic!
    Sorry, that is really sad.

Dan Donovan

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    But it says 3G right?

I'm on Bell and there is no way the phone will work if it's not running on HSPA UMTS. Bell doesn't have a fallback GSM, and mine says 3G.
    My veer just says 3G. But I'm getting 6Mbs on download. Did you set the hspaCategory in the carrierdb?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I tried to install the ATT Doctor on my Mac OSX and I get a message saying , the Drivers cannot be installed on this drive as a Newer version already exists? I am assuming that is for the Veer or the Touchpad Doctor I downloaded. Has anyone come across this and how to remedy this? I was hoping to Doctor the ATT to see if I can get better speed on H+. My veer with the same SIM does so much better in the same location that the Veer
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I don´t think so, the first use app starts when you turn on the phone the first time. It is the app responsible for the prompt to choose the language. So if you've chosen your language, then the limits are already on the phone...
    Ah, that makes sense. So, if I want to do this, when I get my new phone I would:
    1. Go through "first run" setup
    2. After setup, install your patch
    3. Perform a full erase
    4. Resetup the phone

Since I have an existing PalmProfile, is it better to use my real or a dummy profile for the first run setup? Do do want the phone on my existing profile in the end. And since this is just an erase, all of the original AT&T included apps will still be there after the erase, unlike happens with non-carrier specific doctoring, right?

Thanks!
    My veer just says 3G. But I'm getting 6Mbs on download. Did you set the hspaCategory in the carrierdb?
    I didn't touch anything, I just plugged in my SIM and use it. Works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. So, if I want to do this, when I get my new phone I would:
    1. Go through "first run" setup
    2. After setup, install your patch
    3. Perform a full erase
    4. Resetup the phone

Since I have an existing PalmProfile, is it better to use my real or a dummy profile for the first run setup? Do do want the phone on my existing profile in the end. And since this is just an erase, all of the original AT&T included apps will still be there after the erase, unlike happens with non-carrier specific doctoring, right?

Thanks!
    It's probably better to use a dummy profile the first time setup as you won't have to wait for it to download and install all your apps. All the original apps will still be there.

Are you on ATT? Then you don't have to worry about catalog access and using Impostah. You do know that you can only have 1 active phone per profile right? So if you use your normal profile, your other phone will automatically get logged out of it's profile and erased.

Pre3 att ..

No... HSPA+ only exists on the AT&T network. If you're using another network, you won't get it. Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    No... HSPA+ only exists on the AT&T network. If you're using another network, you won't get it. Plain and simple.
    That's what AT&T wants you to think.

Like I said, there has been one report on Telstra getting above 9Mbps with the 3G icon.
    Anyone know if 2.2.3 fixes the GPS location bug that afflicts PDK apps (the one where if you are between 0 and 1 degrees the GPS reports the wrong longitude)?

I know it is unlikely any AT&T customer will have been able to test this but it's worth asking. It's the only bug in 2.2.0 that I really notice. Needless to say I keep hitting system updates on my UK Pre3 but no luck yet but a high proportion of 'Unnable to connect' messages if that means anything is afoot.
    newbostonconst likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast