Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Got my AT&T Pre 3 up and running, installed preware and patches and so far so good...except for one item. I've possibly screwed up the USB partition. I keep adding my music, and it seems to be there, but then after a reboot, it's gone. A couple of times, when I was disconnecting the phone from my computer, I got the error message that I had disconnected premmaturely (even though I had not), but that it corrected any errors. My question is, if that partition somehow got corrupted, is there a way to just reformat it and put the data back on? Or does it require a complete hard reset? Or does it require a doctor, in which case I'm SOL). Any advice from the pros appreciated.
    Do you have the 'muffle system logging' patch installed? This has been known to cause a file indexing bug.
    when you say it's gone do you mean you can't see it while mounted to a computer?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    When I say gone, I mean gone from the partition. It's no longer visible from Windows or from Internalz.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I thought I should close this thread in case anyone else encounters the same problem. Since the AT&T Pre 3 Doctor has now appeared, I got up my nerve and wiped everything out and started all over again. The major difference this time was that when I copied my music back to the Pre 3 from my backup, I first changed the ipod directory to not be hidden, along with all subdirectories. I was also more careful when disconnecting the Pre from my PC. Someone on this forum recommended that you should click on the drive letter and hit "eject" rather than disconnecting through the systray. Everything seems to be working fine. Now that I have the doctor to fall back on, time to start with the patches.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm reviving this thread since my music folder magically disappeared again.

Here's the situation. I have about 2200 aac files that were synced with my Pre+ through the older version of itunes (before they shut that down). When I upgraded to the Pre 3, I had backed up the entire USB partition, and then copied it back (including the itunes folder). The first time around, as soon as the phone was rebooted, the itunes folder completely disappeared. I thought (see above) that I had done something wrong.

After upgrading the firmware to webOS 2.2.3, and then wiping out everything on the phone and starting over, it appeared that I had the problem solved. I was listening to my music all day yesterday through Music Player Remix. This morning there was an upgrade to that program waiting for me, which I installed. Then I went to play the music, and the folder is gone again. None of the music players see any music on the device, and the folder is MIA in Internalz.

I have no idea what could be causing this.