1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,
    I have an AT&T Pre 3 and love it (just had to get that out of the way)

My question to the masses: Has anyone else noticed that the touchstone connection (magnetic connection) is not as strong as my Pre/Pre+/Pre 2. I noticed this when I had it on my car and it fell off the touchstone when I went over a speed bump at 5 mph.

I guess I'll have to mod my touchstone in my car to secure the Pre 3 to it while driving (duct tape? gum? solder? ) but I was checking to see if others have had this issue.

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yep its a commonly mentioned issue, there are quite a few threads about it.

They were going to release a pre3 touchstone to account for the different back cover design but never got around to it before leo put paid to the idea for good.

I don't have a problem with it, but then I prefer to charge at home and let the li ion cycle during the day
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Strange, i didn't see any other threads about it.

At the end of the day I'll prob fab some kind of cradle for the Pre 3 so that it doesn't slide off the Touchstone when I run over an ant.

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I think I read somewhere here that putting a post-it on the touchstone helpoed relieve the rocking.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Mine is as steady as a rocking horse and due to the bad magnetic connection it starts going in and out of charging playing that annoying alert. Sad, really sad.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Are some of the touchstones better made than others?

If they are it might be worth picking up a second touchstone to see if it charges consistently.
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3