Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Ah,. Got it.! thanks i guess i wont be seeing use of that any time soon, or ever.
  2.    #2  
    On the pre3, if you look at the back plastic cover, there is a metal contact that touches another metal contact with the device.
    What is it?
    Does the HP logo on the back glow or something?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dumplinknet View Post
    On the pre3, if you look at the back plastic cover, there is a metal contact that touches another metal contact with the device.
    What is it?
    Does the HP logo on the back glow or something?
    The Touchstone inductive coil is mounted on the back cover. The contacts are used to transfer the energy from the coil to the phone.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dumplinknet View Post
    Ah,. Got it.! thanks i guess i wont be seeing use of that any time soon, or ever.
    really odd that your reply there appears as the first post in this thread, before your original question...

    but anyhow, why do you say that? The Pre3 works with the same TouchStone as the Pre-/+/2, which is readily available for less than $10. Verizon is selling them for $5: http://www.verizonwireless.com/touch...-charger.shtml

    There was going to be a special new touchstone for the Pre3 and Veer I think that had a simple communication coil so that the phone could know which touchstone it was on and display a different exhibition mode based on that; those haven't been sold yet, no idea if any were even made. HP had also sent some sort of touchstone audio dock to the fcc that would let you play music wirelessly, but I'm pretty sure those don't exist at all.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09/27/2011 at 02:58 AM.
  5. Me2
    Me2 is offline
    Me2's Avatar
    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    really odd that your reply there appears as the first post in this thread, before your original question...

    but anyhow, why do you say that? The Pre3 works with the same TouchStone as the Pre-/+/2, which is readily available for less than $10. Verizon is selling them for $5: Touchstone Standalone Inductive Desktop Charger | Verizon Wireless
    With the relatively short battery life on the Pre I'd say at least one Touchstone was essential just so it's always topped up when on your desk. Keeps it at a perfect angle to use too. Many folk have them at home and work.
    Don't forget you'll also need a extra power supplies and USB leads if using more than one.
  6. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #6  
    I can't believe an owner of a Pre (any version) could ask that question! Palm made such a big hoo ha about their 'wireless charging'
  7.    #7  
    [QUOTE=johnsonx42;3179842]really odd that your reply there appears as the first post in this thread, before your original question...

    [/url]
    I know! That is FLIPPIN' weird!

Posting Permissions