Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I spoke with a very, very smart AT&T representative, and as a perk for giving him a complicated, interesting, challenging issue rather than the usual boring drivel, he offered me an unlock code. I said sure, but when he looked it up, it said none were available.

Where are the unlock codes some people have coming from? AT&T doesn't have any, nor the ability to generate them.
    I've been wondering the same thing (though I didn't have the moxie to contact ATT). People are reporting that they received one with the phone. Where the frick was it?

I gone one of the early ones via the since-banned janet_sus or some such and, as far as I know, did not receive an unlock code.

Also, would the unlock code obviate the need to go the Impersonation route? I haven't looked into it much further than to know that I need to look into it much further. So, if an unlock code is a short-cut to being able to get OS updates, etc., count me in!
    NO, it is not a shortcut to being able to get OS updates or anything else for that matter. Unlocking has nothing to do with app store access, geo restrictions, impersonation etc. etc. etc. The only thing that 'unlocking' refers to, is the ability of the phone to work with all GSM networks and not just AT&T.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    please help!
    Hey guys,

I've been dealing with PalmUnlock. They just got their Pre 3 unlocker finished. I'm about to try it myself. Here's the link...

PalmUnlocker
    Okay, I now have the code, but I can't get my device to ask me for it. When I put my bell sim inside the Pre 3, it asks me for my WebOS profile.

Is there a way to force the phone to ask me for an unlock code?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You mean you're in the Profile Login scene?
    Type #*DEVMODE#
    Reboot with unsupported SIM card.

Or just try to make a call...
    This works but can result in a Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile.
    Go into devmode, reboot with your Bell SIM,
    Enter unlock code when asked.

Then run the webOS Doctor. Now you should be able to sign in using the data service on your Bell plan, and you'll get rid of any potential profile issues.

Note:
    You can use impostah to 'fix' profile issues and get rid of the Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile, and get paid app catalog access. However, after doing this on 2 AT&T Veer's, I notice that there is something funny going on with the Palm Profile (doesn't show up in Accounts), and backups don't work. So, I'd recommend doctoring like I mentioned above.
    thanks guys but to be clear (because I wasn't beore) I have the unlock code but the phone doesn't request a code. When I put my sim card in it simply asks me if I want to enter my email address or create a new one. I enter my profile info and it tries to set up my profile, but the phone can't connect to the Bell network because it's not unlocked.

I'll try entering the dev mode code. And thanks guys. I'm almost there!!!
    So I tried typing in #*DEVMODE# in the space where it asked me for my email address and it says the email address is invalid.

Hmmm.

My worry is this, when I first got the phone I put my Bell sim in and it asked for an unlock code. I took the Bell sim out and got the code, and then I put my Bell sim back in my Pre 3 and it didn't ask me for an unlock code. It asked me for my HP Webos Profile email.

I'm worried that it won't ask me for an unlock code ever again because the phone thinks it has an ATT sim in it.

and remember I can't get past setting up a profile, so the only other thing I can do is make an emergency call.
    no matter to unlock it if u just want W/W travel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    So I tried typing in #*DEVMODE# in the space where it asked me for my email address and it says the email address is invalid.

Hmmm.

My worry is this, when I first got the phone I put my Bell sim in and it asked for an unlock code. I took the Bell sim out and got the code, and then I put my Bell sim back in my Pre 3 and it didn't ask me for an unlock code. It asked me for my HP Webos Profile email.

I'm worried that it won't ask me for an unlock code ever again because the phone thinks it has an ATT sim in it.

and remember I can't get past setting up a profile, so the only other thing I can do is make an emergency call.
    Enter the #*DEVMODE# using the dialpad of the phone app. Also, use the corresponding numbers of DEVMODE
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Enter the #*DEVMODE# using the dialpad of the phone app. Also, use the corresponding numbers of DEVMODE
    If I could thank you a thousand times... I would.

Tricky little problem made worse by the Pre 3 being such a rare beast.
    Don't bother about it...there are lots of unlocking sites at cheap rates within limited duration...so here is a website www.prounlocking.com i think it'll be useful for you to get the codes .
    Last edited by allensmith123; 10/11/2011 at 05:52 AM.