1.    #1  
    Just got a message from an ebay member, he said
    this HP folk was interested in his pre 3 AT&T on ebay:

Robert Lange****
    VP of Hewlett-Packard Company

Is it a joke or could be true ?
    IMO, mostly joke... such person can grab one for him easily, don't need to search on eBay.
    Is this a new ebay method to try and get something cheaper than the advertised price? Seems strange. Probably just a joke IMHO
  4.    #4  
    he told me that he is worrying HP is trying to track down who are selling
    those phones on ebay. There could be legal issue involved.
    employees signed agreement not to sell them. Of course, then they laid off 500 of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by eng_razavi View Post
    Just got a message from an ebay member, he said
    this HP folk was interested in his pre 3 AT&T on ebay:
    So what are you saying? Is someone (supposedly from HP) asking buyers who they bought their ATT Pre 3 from? This person is trying to track down sellers? Can't they get that from eBay?
    VP will never send an email to ebay sellers(can be sued for harrassment)
    IF and this is a big if HP wanna track down the sellers they have to deal with ebay through HP legal departament
    Sellers will have their listings removed by ebay followed by a legal letter/email where the only available contact will be HP's legal departament
    stop being gullible and belive all the crap
    If HP is, has, or will be going after anyone, those folks will be receiving a cease and desist letter.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If HP is, has, or will be going after anyone, those folks will be receiving a cease and desist letter.
    I wonder what are the conditions under which eBay can provide your contact info to someone who requests. Does there need to be an email back-and-forth? Can they just request it straight up (and get it)? Just curious.

Seems like if the former (back-and-forth), it would be a mistake for anyone to respond to any of those emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    I wonder what are the conditions under which eBay can provide your contact info to someone who requests. Does there need to be an email back-and-forth? Can they just request it straight up (and get it)? Just curious.

Seems like if the former (back-and-forth), it would be a mistake for anyone to respond to any of those emails.
    From what I have read, they do not share your information. My guess would be it would take legal influence to require ebay to release your info.

Now the fact that anyone can send you an e-mail about the product you are selling, if HP was wanting to send cease and desist letters they could just send them that way. Big companies do this a lot knowing the little guy wouldn't have the resources to fight them and will just succumb to the order. VW does this a lot with people "infringing" on their trademarks. They will hit people that have "Volks" in their business name.

So if these were all sold under a contract, HP easily has the resources to give that a shot. Now depending on the scope of the contract, this could all be moot for those employees that were terminated. Since usually contracts like that are tied to employment or employer punishing the employee potentially up to termination.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...