Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superhyper
  1.    #1  
    Sooooo. When I got my Pre 3 I was so excited that I bent the SIM connectors... super big fail, and I feel so dumb about the whole thing. So just a little while ago, I ripped off the metal piece that keeps the SIM locked in nice and tight so I could bend my prongs back to normal. Well, now my prongs are back to normal, but I have no way to keep the SIM locked... So I put my SIM(microSIM btw) in my Pre and shut the door, thinking it'll work; well, it doesn't, because it's too loose. So NOW I have a microSIM in there with a regular SIM on top of it to keep it in place. Then I shut the door, and wallah, it works... But it's ghetto, and now I probably will never ever be able to resell it (because I took it apart and broke the HP warranty void sticker).

AND it's missing a screw because I turned too hard and snapped the head right off.

So:
    No screw
    No warranty
    and no SIM tray.

Awesome. But at least it still works, and from the outside you can't even tell.

So I ask kindly that, IF ANY OF YOU have broken Pre 3's now, or in the future, please let me know, so you could send me the SIM reader piece that's connected to the logic board.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    what were you doing inside it's guts if you're not a developer?
    I believe he explained that with the "When I got my Pre 3 I was so excited that I bent the SIM connectors...".
    retroblu likes this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    You should have just used a regular SIM, I bent a prong in my Nexus S last year trying to use a micro SIM adapter.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    You should have just used a regular SIM, I bent a prong in my Nexus S last year trying to use a micro SIM adapter.
    Yeah. And typically I don't use those adapters but I bought one for cheap on amazon... I cut out a hole in a regular sim for my micro but I couldn't find it. Eh. I have an at&t pre coming but still. It makes me sick. I could do a tear down for y'all if you wanted.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zachthemaster View Post
    Yeah. And typically I don't use those adapters but I bought one for cheap on amazon... I cut out a hole in a regular sim for my micro but I couldn't find it. Eh. I have an at&t pre coming but still. It makes me sick. I could do a tear down for y'all if you wanted.
    You can still resell it I'm sure.