Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    If you're in a boot loop, could you not memboot instead of redoctoring?
    that still requires original doctor and my device token has not been to the eu one yet. its still att.
    You need the doctor just to extract the kernel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that the kernels themselves are carrier-independent, considering there aren't separate kernel releases for each carrier in Preware.
  3.    #23  
    You need the doctor just to extract the kernel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that the kernels themselves are carrier-independent, considering there aren't separate kernel releases for each carrier in Preware.
    yeah, just tried it with

novacom boot mem:// < uImage-2.6.32.9-palm-rib

and it did not work.
    im still in the continuous boot cycle.
    That sucks. But it was worth a shot I suppose.
  5.    #25  
    That sucks. But it was worth a shot I suppose.
    yeah. thanks. though. has no one else screwed up their pre3 with preware?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dumplinknet View Post
    yeah. thanks. though. has no one else screwed up their pre3 with preware?
    Why do you think it was Preware?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Why do you think it was Preware?
    it was a patch in preware. i installed a few of them without restarting in between each patch. then when i was ready to restart, it just never went back into the OS and did the endless boot loop.
    Here's what I know.
    If you tried to install uberkernel without being on build 3171, it will start a boot loop cycle that only a doctor can fix.
    Even if the install actually fails. Using recovery kernel does not help. Only a docotr.

Happened with my UK Pre3.

In fact, given that all kernels and homebrew will be based upon the EU doctor, I doubt you have any choice left other than converting your ATT Pre3 to EU.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 09/26/2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dumplinknet View Post
    it was a patch in preware. i installed a few of them without restarting in between each patch. then when i was ready to restart, it just never went back into the OS and did the endless boot loop.
    It would be nice to know which patches you installed so that the rest of us can avoid them until the developers look into the issue!
    If you have an AT&T Pre3, I think its important to understand the following link before applying patches willy-nilly etc.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3177270
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I have a question, maybe someone here can help answer.

Is WebOS Doctor EU for Pre 3 UK version will work with Pre 3 German version? I mean without any customize.
    Don't throw in the towel on a doctor for the AT&T Pre 3 getting released. It may happen. HP has distributed these devices to a majority of their US based employees.

Having a doctor available makes sense. Help desk support costs are minimized when a doctor is made available.

Here's some evidence a doctor for the AT&T Pre 3 4G could still be made available. A doctor for the unreleased AT&T Touchpad 4G was released 9/23 to the general public:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    jaltman likes this.
    TTB:

While your post is assuredly true; I think its important to note that if an ATT Pre3 owner starts applying homebrew left and right and something goes awry; they dont have a US doctor option available NOW.

And given what Rod posted; some caution in applying homebrew to those ATT Pre3s should be taken.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't throw in the towel on a doctor for the AT&T Pre 3 getting released. It may happen. HP has distributed these devices to a majority of their US based employees.

Having a doctor available makes sense. Help desk support costs are minimized when a doctor is made available.
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Yes, let's hope! To give them out and not expect them to be used is senseless. It doesn't really cost anything and it would likely make thousands of people happy. HP and AT&T can only benefit.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ATT Pre3 WebOS Doctor now available !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I said it all along, im glad everyone get now be at ease.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkamer View Post
    ATT Pre3 WebOS Doctor now available !!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Kimboo likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12