Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    I checked my profile, and I only have 1 Pre3 on there. I'm wondering if I should remove it, doctor one of my phones, and then start the process over.
    Doctor it, that would've been my first move. The doctor is insanely useful. If you can't do anything at all about it, I think there is a way through which you can re-install the whole WebOS (system) by entering your IMEI to a HP/Palm endorsed website... I forget where to find this though...
    Alright, so I removed whatever phone was on there from my Palm profile (just the touchpad shows up now.

I'm doctoring the second phone I tried to set up, and after that's done, I'll doctor the other one, so I have two phones that are freshly doctored, and none signed into my Palm Profile.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Alright, so I removed whatever phone was on there from my Palm profile (just the touchpad shows up now.

I'm doctoring the second phone I tried to set up, and after that's done, I'll doctor the other one, so I have two phones that are freshly doctored, and none signed into my Palm Profile.
    Good luck I know from experience that there's nothing more annoying than a phone which doesn't work straight out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    Good luck I know from experience that there's nothing more annoying than a phone which doesn't work straight out of the box.
    @oobernuber Good luck mate. I can tell you that all this trouble would be well worth it, once you start using your Pre 3. It is awesome. You sure will get there. Don't lose heart
    Got the same issue.

I had a new Touchpad and created a new profile there, because in my country (Austria) they do not have pay-Apps in the Appcatalog.
    Everything worked fine and still does. I got pay-Apps and everything.

I got a new Pre3. I added it to the Touchpad profile. Worked at first.
    Now it constantly reboots, sometimes even while I speak on the phone. It is just Luna restarting, so the talk on the phone wasn't even interrupted.

Another thing that disturbs me about the PRe3: the mobile hotspot does not always work. My Touchpad does not always find the hotspot, and even if it does, the Pre3 sometimes continuosly "connects" and "disconnects" the TP ... that's not very funny. The Mobile Hotspot worked fine on my Pre Plus with the TP as well as other devices.

All in all I am happy with my Pre3, but those issues are a bit of a PITA ...

I do not really wanna re-doctor a NEW phone and I actually would not like to set up ANOTHER profile with my TP to connect my Pre3 to.
    Would be nice if that issue could be fixed differently...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Can a moderator merge the two threads I have going on this issue? I created a new one to get help, and posted in the other one to see if the OP in that thread was able to fix a similar issue. Now it's just troubleshooting my problem in two different threads.
    Oobernuber, how long has it been cycling, without you pulling the battery or anything? Maybe it is doing something important?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Oobernuber, how long has it been cycling, without you pulling the battery or anything? Maybe it is doing something important?
    Admittedly, the first time for Pre1 (my first attempted activation) wasn't very long. Subsequent tries with doctored Pre1 and Pre2 were for much much longer (overnight).

-Ghostbusters
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    Well, I got the second Pre3 doctored, now I'm just going to doctor the first one (just to make sure). After that, I'll have two doctored Pre3s, and a Palm Profile with only a TP associated with it.

-Ghostbusters
    Do I have to do anything special with regard to my ATT account? I've never had a SIM card before, but I was thinking that all I needed to do was swap the SIM card and you're good to go, right?

-Ghostbusters
    It is pretty common to have these issues when restoring a profile from a different OS version. So if you are going from a Pre/Pre2 to a Pre3 you need to turn off your backup before you use that profile on your new phone. Give it a try.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    It is pretty common to have these issues when restoring a profile from a different OS version. So if you are going from a Pre/Pre2 to a Pre3 you need to turn off your backup before you use that profile on your new phone. Give it a try.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quick update:

Both phones have been doctored, all phones removed from my profile. Still get the same cycling problem after signing into my profile.

One thing I haven't tried is creating a new profile. I don't really want to create new profile as I still have to get all my stuff to my phone.

And yes, I've powered off my old phone (which was a FrankenPre+).

-Ghostbusters
    When I get home today, I'm going to try setting up the phone under a new profile.

Or, can I set it up as a developer phone (not attached to a profile)?

I'm assuming everyone on here was upgrading from a Pre or Pre2 to their Pre3s. Did you guys load your old profile onto the Pre3? What other steps did you take to get your phones up and running? Did anyone also make the switch to ATT from another carrier at the same time as upgrading your phones?

I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong/differently from what everyone else on here has done.

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    When I get home today, I'm going to try setting up the phone under a new profile.... Did you guys load your old profile onto the Pre3? ...
    It can't hurt to setup a new profile. Your old one will still be there to go back to, if you rule it out as the problem. I did upgrade from an unlocked Pre2 to my Pre3 using my ancient AT&T ("Blue") sim and have not had any switch related issues. Good luck.
    HUGE NEWS!!! I LOVE CAPS LOCK!!!

I tried to create the new profile, AND IT WORKED! The Pre3 is syncing all accounts right now. So now I have two questions for everyone.

1. Can I transfer my old profile onto my phone now (preferably without f'ing anything up)? This is mostly for all my apps that I bought.

2. Is there any other way to get my apps restored onto my phone?

-Ghostbusters
    Soorma likes this.
    HUGE NEWS!!! I LOVE CAPS LOCK!!!

I tried to create the new profile, AND IT WORKED! The Pre3 is syncing all accounts right now. So now I have two questions for everyone.
    Congrats dude! The rest of the questions: I will let someone else do those
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I'd love to hear any suggestions about getting my apps onto the new Pre3. I suppose I could just go out and buy them again (wouldn't really be too much dough), but obviously, I'd like to restore what I had.

Now, I'm wondering what it was that messed with me for so long. After reading over these threads, I'm thinking it might have something to do with Preware, or a specific patch/app that was installed. Did the Pre3 try to restore all my Preware apps and patches, came upon one it didn't like and freaked out? Preware seems to be one common theme among the posters that had this problem in this thread.

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I also had the same issue with a Pre 2 and also a Pre 3. I had to create a new profile for both because I got stuck in the same boot loop. Both the Pre 2 and 3 were getting very hot to the touch. However when I tried to reload the same profile on the original phone, Veer, it worked fine
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Had the same problems with my Pre3 and an old account (coming from pre-).
    Doctoring didn't help, the problem was obviously palmaccount related.

Solution in my case was:
    Had to remove the messaging-accounts (related to Greg Rolls messaging-patch) from the account before connecting the Pre3.

Tip: if your phone is in endless bootloop, plug in USB and after a while it will show the GUI.
    You may call the deviceinfo-app (in order to wipe) by using Just Type
    Last edited by prebaco; 10/05/2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typo
    eagles and prebaco,

Any tips on getting the apps I had on my old Pre restored onto my new Pre (while running a different account)?

-Ghostbusters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast