Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    I'm getting an AT&T Pre3 next week, and I'm wondering if any of you guys who own HP branded webOS devices have successfully re-branded them with Palm logos on the back? I'd love to show my Palm loyalty (especially in light of recent developments with HP), but I'm not sure where to get the right sized decal, or even if it would work at all.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm getting an AT&T Pre3 next week, and I'm wondering if any of you guys who own HP branded webOS devices have successfully re-branded them with Palm logos on the back? I'd love to show my Palm loyalty (especially in light of recent developments with HP), but I'm not sure where to get the right sized decal, or even if it would work at all.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Pics?
    I don't know how'd this work out, seeing that you'd have to get a completely new battery door or get it from factory manufacturing equipment. I'd suggest a sticker? Idk man.
    Only possibility would be a new back cover. I somehow doubt there will be back covers with a Palm logo. Personally I hope there will be back covers to buy somewhere at all. And higher capacity batteries.
    Or just follow zachthemaster's advice and slap a sticker on it, if seeing the HP logo makes you angry
    [QUOTE=johnnygewitter;3176249]Only possibility would be a new back cover. QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true.

If you REALLY want the palm logo and you have access to a dremel, bondo, paint, palm logo'd abck, etc. You COULD.
    It might lose touchstone capabilities though of course.
    Yeah, that would be real proof of brand loyalty
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Yeah, that would be real proof of brand loyalty
    Even it already dead a year ago?
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Sticker would be a great idea. I haven't researched it, but I'm sure there are some places that let you "print your own" or have one done with your own image. The key would be getting one that sticks REALLY well to the back of the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Yeah, trying to permanently mod the back is a little intimidating. I was hoping someone knew where to get a good sticker that would fit.

Maybe I'll pursue a "print-your-own" sticker solution as Vij suggested.

I'll post pics if it works well.