1.    #1  
    So I finally got my hands on an AT&T Pre 3. I noticed some immediate differences between the two Pre 3s (UK and AT&T). If anyone else has both let me know if you are experiencing the same things:

1. AT&T is significantly lighter than the UK counterpart. This was the first thing I noticed that there was a pretty significant weight difference.

2. AT&T Pre 3 does not feel nearly as sturdy as the UK counterpart. This could be part of the first item above that it weighs less but the AT&T Pre 3 feels cheaper and doesn't feel as if it has as good of a build quality.

3. The keyboard on the AT&T Pre 3 is not nearly as good as the UK Pre 3. The Pre keyboard keys feel harder without nearly as much travel and give (almost like a original Pre(-)). The UK Pre 3 keyboard was fantastic; a bit gummier feel with a lot more feeling in each key stroke; I'm a little disappointed by this.

4. The AT&T Pre 3's interface feels significantly faster. I noted in a different post that the Pre 3 interface (switching from screen to screen, etc.) felt a bit slower than the Pre 2. That was on the UK Pre 3. The AT&T Pre 3 feels much better and doesn't have this "lag".

5. The AT&T Pre 3's screen looks a bit sharper than the UK counterpart.

These are my initial observations after only a few minutes of use. I'd be interested to hear what anyone else who has both's experience is like.
    well this is really interesting! someone else can compare these pre 3 head to head? how about the German Pre 3 version compared to ATT Pre3?
    I used both earlier today, side by side, and didn't notice these differences.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by seretogis View Post
    I used both earlier today, side by side, and didn't notice these differences.
    Really? The differences for me were noticeable almost instantly...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Maybe you were handling a little veer before hand?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Maybe you were handling a little veer before hand?
    hahaha perhaps I was...
    I have both and the only difference that I've noticed between the two (hardware- or software-wise) is that my UK version has more play between the screen part of the phone and the base. Meaning that the two halves don't fit together as closely as they do on the ATT version. On the UK one, there's maybe 0.5 mm more of a distance between the two halves vs the ATT version--when viewed from the side.
    are there any differences in the layout (special chars) like with PC keyboard layouts?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    are there any differences in the layout (special chars) like with PC keyboard layouts?
    No same layout
    I don't notice any differences. I'm very pleased with both.
    i think these differences are due to minor manufacturing tolerance issues. i have both phones, too. my at&t pre 3 feels like there is a bit more space between the two halves, but it's so minor and probably just in my head. the keyboards on both are great. in general, both phones have great fit and finish.
    Is there any sort of radio / frequency band difference between them (besides carrier lock)?
    yes euro phones will only get one band in america and that is the 1900 band on the high side on att and it wont get the 850 band because they use 900 band on the lower end
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Is there any sort of radio / frequency band difference between them (besides carrier lock)?
    Yes. I am not sure what the actual frequencies are, but the UK Pre3 does not work as well indoors on the US AT&T network. Also, the AT&T Pre3 does not work on T-Mobile's 3G or 4G network, only Edge.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    UK Pre 3: 900/1900/2100 UMTS
    AT&T Pre 3: 850/1900/2100 UMTS

Both are quad band 850/900/1800/1900 GSM

You need 850 to get better performance on AT&T (H+)

You need 1700 to get T-mobile's fast speeds so you can only get 2G (or 2.5G) with either Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    UK Pre 3: 900/1900/2100 UMTS
    AT&T Pre 3: 850/1900/2100 UMTS

Both are quad band 850/900/1800/1900 GSM

You need 850 to get better performance on AT&T (H+)

You need 1700 to get T-mobile's fast speeds so you can only get 2G (or 2.5G) with either Pre 3.
    Thanks Roger,

When you say that both are quad band, does that mean that if I were to unlock an AT&T Pre 3, it would work with a European GSM network that uses 900 MHz? And possibly even use UMTS there too (or would it even support HSDPA)?
    The AT&T Pre 3 is tri-band 850/1900/2100 UMTS so you will be able to use it throughout most if not all of Europe at higher speeds. The UK uses the 900 band but according to this map. Check this map out:
    GSM World Coverage Map- GSM Country List by frequency bands

when I say both are quad band, i'm saying they both have the same qyad band gsm radios (for 2G Edge). So you can travel internationally and always get at least EDGE, I think.
    you should read the sticky thread on the UK Pre 3 that TTB started.
    Wow so the Pre 3 Euro is heavier than the US version... I already thought the Pre 3 is quite heavy. Immediately I started missing my Pre's size after holding it.

But then I was coming from a Veer...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I own both, have used both for weeks (I swap between when I'm in Europe/US) and see no physical differences aside from the AT&T logo and notice no speed differences.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0