Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    They've flooded ebay with Pre3s, and the prices they're supposedly selling at are not even close to the going price several hours ago. Is this for real?
    You'll just have to check their feedback and see their history.
    ive been trying to bid a few times lately
    but he definitely has flooded ebay with them

it's going for average $400
    a little below 500 seems to be the fair market value at this time...of course youll have some people willing to pay more and run up the bids over and then to see a buy it now for way less. thats got to suck if your the highest bidder at the moment. just got to be patient...im sure the prices will drop more eventually
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    a little below 500 seems to be the fair market value at this time...of course youll have some people willing to pay more and run up the bids over and then to see a buy it now for way less. thats got to suck if your the highest bidder at the moment. just got to be patient...im sure the prices will drop more eventually
    i just wish they were readily available

i really don't know how people are getting their hands on these, but they should be readily available
    the seem to be coming out of the woods now...there everywhere. thats a good thing.
    i'd like to know where the other devices are
    i know rogers was supposed to release the device with the touchpad here in the land of hockey, yet they didn't, so surely they would have developed some devices?
    there is availability on amazon for $399
    RobP#WN likes this.
    did they sell Verizon pre3's?
  10.    #10  
    I saw one VZW Pre3 on eBay at one point. I ended up getting an ATT at an OK price, but not one of the madeatrade batch. I would have been more inclined to wait as the poster says above, but the whole thing--as with anything webOS--is so ridiculously unpredictable: we don't know how many were made or will become available. Look at all the people who bought EU versions with different bands and kb layouts. How can you blame them in this crazy situation? Especially after the whole TP madness, in which thousands of people who wanted one can't get one. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Pre, but I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or bad thing, i.e., will enough people get them to motivate the development of ITS, etc.
  11.    #11  
    err, I meant "TTS" above. Autoincorrect again.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I bought one from madeatrade. Have not received the phone yet, but i wrote him a message, which he answered promptly, and everything seems legit so far

Just HAD to get a spare Pre 3 in addition to my UK one... Wouldn't risk being forced to switch to Android or iPhone :P
    I just bought won a bid for $370 with 'madeatrade', a couple of hrs ago. I wrote to him asking to confirm that the phone was the AT&T version and he replied very promptly in the affirmative. Look legit, rest will know only after receiving the phone.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    yeah he is legit

how he has this many pre 3's on AT&T is anyone's guess.. but i've watched many auctions go at around 370-420 in the past 24 hours.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    this is balls. it's fallen 100 bucks for the EU versions since last week.
    Just won an auction at $299. The price is definitely falling further
    Clarification : It was a BUYITNOW not an auction
    Quote Originally Posted by nmb333 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nmb333 View Post
    Just won an auction at $299. The price is definitely falling further
    Clarification : It was a BUYITNOW not an auction
    What I don't understand is why people are bidding higher ($370 -$400), when you can just 'Buy IT Now' for a lower price ($299). I bid $370, before the $299 Buy It Now deal became available. But why are people still bidding higher? In fact why are people in this forum still buying for higher from within the forum?

Could it be that the $299 Buy It Now Pre3, is not 'unlocked'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I also just bought one for 299 but it is locked to AT&T. The same person was selling unlocked ones for 375.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are bidding higher ($370 -$400), when you can just 'Buy IT Now' for a lower price ($299). I bid $370, before the $299 Buy It Now deal became available. But why are people still bidding higher? In fact why are people in this forum still buying for higher from within the forum?

I've seen em ATT and other for the $300, one 8 gig AZERTY for example.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...