webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Anyone try AT&T Pre 3 with H2O wireless?
Anyone try AT&T Pre 3 with H2O wireless?
Like Tree3Likes

Old 11/21/2011, 06:54 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
When I try to go onto AT&T Nav on my non AT&T SIM, I get a prompt asking me to either try a 30 day trial or to pay $9.99 per month.
And if you try to sign up for either you will be denied because you don't have an AT&T account signed up for direct billing with the service.

AFAIK, many carriers use a 3rd party (TeleNav Company Overview) service for the navigation rebranded for them. Someone who had an AT&T account and still had time left on the 30 billing cycle with the 3rd party company probably will still be able to use the service until their billing cycle they are paid up for expires. Unfortunately they don't have any dealing with H2O or anything set for a Palm unlocked device unless you count the Treo Pro.
LurkerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2011, 01:55 PM   #142 (permalink)

My tryout of H2O wireless has just about ran it's course. I had signed up for the $60 'Unlimited' (3GB) plan on 11/06. Within less than a week, the data portion dropped to 2GB without so much of a notice to subscribers. LOL the only 'notice' received was a 'Check out our new and improved website' bulk email.

The new and improved $60/mo for 2GB data plan ain't worth the trouble (for me, that is). Sadly, there's not enough free local captive wifi spots to mooch off of...

And subsequent calls to their vast network of helpful proactive customer service associates resulted in way too many 'too-bad-so-sad' responses. (And when I say 'vast network,' I of course mean 4 ex-cons fulfilling their community service commitments working out of a garage.)

Long story longer, I'm off to the big bad #2 evil US carrier empire of AT&T. Never thought I'd see the day.... Wish me luck.

I love you, webOS.
xoxo
cujoq37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2011, 01:29 PM   #143 (permalink)

For me, AT&T finally caught on to the Navigation. I got about 3 days of free AT&T Navigation and was hoping that was going to last, but it ended today. I got the "subscription" screen if I wanted to continue with this service. .....now just waiting for Ndrive for the Pre3.
calpolykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 03:13 AM   #144 (permalink)

First, I would like to thank everyone's input and experiences with their pre 3's on different networks, etc.

I decided to go with h2o wireless after seeing some of your good feedback on here.
My data and signal has been actually better than what I had with sprint in my area in florida. I did do a speedtest just to see how fast at&t's network is in my area and I got 6.59mbps! That kinda makes me wish h2o didn't throttle their data but what can ya do.
I have been streaming pandora fine with rare skips here and there but overall happy with their signal and data speed even though it is throttled.
Customer service is kind of a joke when I had to port my sprint number over, they messed up 3 of my sim cards because they already activated them before trying to port it over even though I told them myself you can't activate it before trying to port it lol. But other than that I've been happy with call quality, signal and data speeds.
To sum it up, pre 3 on the h2o network is a win!
jcbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 07:12 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
First, I would like to thank everyone's input and experiences with their pre 3's on different networks, etc.

I decided to go with h2o wireless after seeing some of your good feedback on here.
My data and signal has been actually better than what I had with sprint in my area in florida. I did do a speedtest just to see how fast at&t's network is in my area and I got 6.59mbps! That kinda makes me wish h2o didn't throttle their data but what can ya do.
I have been streaming pandora fine with rare skips here and there but overall happy with their signal and data speed even though it is throttled.
Customer service is kind of a joke when I had to port my sprint number over, they messed up 3 of my sim cards because they already activated them before trying to port it over even though I told them myself you can't activate it before trying to port it lol. But other than that I've been happy with call quality, signal and data speeds.
Great. I've been using my Pre 3 on H2O for over two months now. Are you able to send and receive MMS messages?
Mark Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 12:34 PM   #146 (permalink)

I had H20 for a couple of months now, but they once again have limitited their data cap. Now is only 1G per month, I been looking for alternatives on howard forums and have decided to port to Red Pocket. They still have 2G and I heard thier speeds are better than h20, I was also considering straight talk but I heard too many bad stories of people getting suspended and losing thier number for using too much data in one day.
crazylou78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jcbone
Old 01/05/2012, 12:26 AM   #147 (permalink)

Yes, I set up my pre 3 so I can send mms and picture mail correctly.
At first, I couldn't send picture mail with pictures I've taken with the pre 3 with the settings that some have recommended on here but then I just left the max size field blank and now I'm able to send all pictures fine.

Wow, thanks for the heads up I just saw they changed it to 1gb a month when I went to their page now. I hope my pandora streaming doesn't go over that 1gb a month as I use that almost everyday for about 45 mins total to and from work.
Anyone know if pandora is a data consuming hog?
Old 01/05/2012, 01:19 AM   #148 (permalink)

just make sure in preferences you don't have the high quality audio turned on.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jcbone
Old 01/05/2012, 03:28 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
just make sure in preferences you don't have the high quality audio turned on.
thanks for that tip, I do have it set on high quality in pandora but will have to change it to off since I don't want to risk going over 1gb a month. Hopefully the music doesn't sound too different.
Old 01/05/2012, 06:03 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I set up my pre 3 so I can send mms and picture mail correctly.
At first, I couldn't send picture mail with pictures I've taken with the pre 3 with the settings that some have recommended on here but then I just left the max size field blank and now I'm able to send all pictures fine.

Wow, thanks for the heads up I just saw they changed it to 1gb a month when I went to their page now. I hope my pandora streaming doesn't go over that 1gb a month as I use that almost everyday for about 45 mins total to and from work.
Anyone know if pandora is a data consuming hog?
Would you mind terribly PMing me your MMS settings? I've tried every single setting I could find, including leaving the MAX SIZE blank, and nothing worked. Thanks in advance.
Old 01/06/2012, 01:26 AM   #151 (permalink)

PM sent Mark Y
Old 01/06/2012, 06:59 PM   #152 (permalink)

Thank you very much!
Old 01/06/2012, 07:55 PM   #153 (permalink)

For my settings I just use att.mvno under internet APN and MMS APN and just leave everything else as is
RoverNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 11:00 AM   #154 (permalink)
gbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbone View Post

Can you tell if H2O is blocking three way calling ? I am on sprint for ages. And I would love to jump the Pre3/H2O route.
gbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 04:23 PM   #155 (permalink)

I just left H2O. I found that they were throttling data almost right away after I signed up. When I first joined I was getting decent data rates around 1 Mb/s when I tested. After less than a week everything was coming in slow. I tested and was getting about 110Kb/s which is pretty much what Edge delivers. I called them and was informed that they start thottling at 500 MB. I was under 500 MB at about 300 MB and I was still being throttled! They said they would reset my data. No improvment. I was still getting 110kb/s even though my indicator showed H+. I called again (still under 500 MB) and they said they would reset my data. They said a tech would call me if there was an issue. Still getting 110 Kb/s and nobody called.

I left H2O a couple days ago and went to Good2Go another AT&T reseller. They offer 1 GB unlimited talk and text for $50. $10 for an additional 500 MB. H20 was $60 for 2 GB but SERIOUS data throttling. I usually don't use over 1GB so I am fine with that limit. Good2Go's customer service is very good. A person answers quickley and they are easy to understand. They said they don't do any data throttling. I'll try to remember to repost in a few weeks to give an update.

BTW, my typical download speed with Good2Go is 600 kb/s to 1.2 mb/s. These are typical H+ speeds for the AT&T network and the Pre 3.
maxmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 11:48 PM   #156 (permalink)

I left H2O several months ago. I'm using Red Pocket now.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0