Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    thanks for your response! Yes I have seen the h2o porting phone # page on their site so I am a little familiar. I will go ahead and just port it over when I receive my new sim card. I don't think I need all the google voice stuff. Just reliable voice, text and occasional data.

Also I do have 2 other lines on my sprint account but they are going to be moving with me to h2o as well. I can't see sprint just canceling all 3 lines because I ported one number over so I will be giving them a call after I port over the number and hopefully reduce the termination charge.

Thanks again for your response!

How has your overall experience been with your pre 3 and h2o?

Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Don't terminate your Sprint account. When you go to setup your H2O SIM there is a special page for porting numbers (it requires an unactivated H2O SIM). Follow that process and it will require you to enter your Sprint account number and 6-digit passcode. Once porting is complete, your Sprint account should be canceled automatically.

I actually set up a new number and the ported my Sprint number to Google Voice instead. So calls to my Sprint/GV number get forwarded to my H2O SIM. The annoying thing is outgoing calls, I have to use Voogle 3.0 to make calls to make sure my Sprint/GV number shows up. Not as easy as using the synergy phone book but not bad...

However, if you get a text from someone, GV will assign it a special proxy number which you can use to dial/text that person directly without having to use Voogle. On the plus side, I get GV transcriptions, and most importantly, can access my texting from the web or other devices, and of course can make VOIP calls from my computer using Google Talk with my Sprint/GV phone number...

Hope this helps!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I am very interested in getting a Pre3 and using H2O Wireless. However, I am unclear on one thing...can the phone be any version of the Pre3 to work with H2O Wireless? Have to be AT&T 4G? Have to be Unlocked? Please advise
    I have an unlocked AT&T Pre3 activated on the H20 network, and I was wondering if the network supports conditional call forwarding so that my messages will go to my google voice mail when I don't pick up the phone.
    So far so good, I have had a good experience with my Pre 3 and H2O for the past two weeks or so. Speed is as fast as Sprint's 3G was (although it's throttled, so you won't get real "4G" HSPA+ speeds), network is good (in this area at least), its almost exactly the same price I was paying for my Sprint plan (after a corporate discount).

I do miss Sprint Navigation, but that's about it. H2O does NOT support conditional forwarding, from what I understand. I did try setting up Google Voice voicemail (*004 something) but it doesn't seem to have worked. Let us know if you come up with a solution!

My Pre 3 is an AT&T version and is unlocked. However, I don't think you need the phone to be unlocked since H2O uses AT&T's network, but I'm not sure. Also, I think any version of the Pre 3 should work, but, again, I can't tell you for sure. Dig around in the forums, I'm sure someone has tried using both a locked Pre 3 and a non-AT&T Pre 3 on H2O.
    Got a new Veer, activated an h2o sim, put it in, and the phone doesn't read it. It just keeps saying 'insert sim'. Checked 'available networks' in phone menu, and there's 'AT&T', and 'T-Mobile'; there's no 'H2o'. What am I missing? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    Got a new Veer, activated an h2o sim, put it in, and the phone doesn't read it. It just keeps saying 'insert sim'. Checked 'available networks' in phone menu, and there's 'AT&T', and 'T-Mobile'; there's no 'H2o'. What am I missing? Thanks
    Did you push the SIM in all the way? It's spring-loaded and needs to click in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Did you push the SIM in all the way? It's spring-loaded and needs to click in place.
    Yes. Checked it several times, several restarts, etc. I'm going to check it with an AT&T sim, (when I get one), but if anyone has any other thoughts... Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    Update:
    I've had the phone for over a day now and after spending about 4 hours getting everything straight with H2O it seems to be working rather well.

-Data speeds vary wideley. According to mobile speedtest, I can get anywhere from .2MB - 1.5MB downloads. Nothing really consistent or average at all.
    -Data configuration was a little difficult to get to but once you know where it is it's just a matter of putting in the correct settings. My phone ends up with the H+ sign on it so I am assuming it is connecting to HSDPA but like I said earlier, the speeds are very inconsistent.
    -As far as the phone goes, it is phenominal. I love it! Just using the phone makes up for having a service that's up to par with Sprint, as far as data and unlimited plans go.

All in all it is not a bad experience and it is definately not worse than being on Sprint with a Pre (-).
    How reliable is H20? Do they push OTA updates as they become available for other carriers?
    - Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    How reliable is H20? Do they push OTA updates as they become available for other carriers?
    - Thanks.
    The carrier doesn't push any updates, it's all Palm / HP. The carrier has to approve the update, but it comes from Palm / HP directly.

That being said, I highly doubt we'll ever see another webOS update for phones again anyway.

As for how reliable they are, I found that I often would have to just wait a while and hit refresh for a site to load, or close an app and reopen it, just because the connection stopped working halfway through.
    My first post here. I have h20, 60 unlimited and using Iphone 4. Everything was super fast, but recently the internet is very slow, plus occasionally I get dropped calls on top of that I can't do three way calling. I am considering to test Red pocket's 60 unlimited talk/text /data deal. Can anybody confirm if I am going to a better deal ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ameetmedi View Post
    Before you guys switch to Red Pocket, here are my views

I recently jumped from H2o to red pocket when i learned that they offer 2G at 4G speeds, However the speed is not 4G. They are still limited to the Speed that ATT offers to all MVNO's. For comparison, I still have an H2O unlimited and speed comparisons are almost always identical. Sometimes, and only sometimes the Red Pocket does have an initial Speed burst then slows down quite a bit.

So in my opinion, since I won't be using any more than 2G, I would still go back to H2o, but the following additional benefits from H2o that are missing from red pocket

You cannot Dial TOLL FREE numbers from RED Pocket.

You only get $2 for INTL Calls, H20 gives you $20, comes in handy sometimes.

Supposedly H20 is back on with INTL text, though I never got it to work.

Customer service seems to be better with H20.

For me the big killer is no Toll Free numbers and for some reason I cant even call 611 from the Pre 3, so I am back to H20 or may consider ATT post paid for the high speed on the Pre3 4G sets

Oh In a recent email to Red Pocket CS, in response to the 4G speeds, they mentioned they are limited to the same speeds as the GoPhone from ATT so i guess since GoPhone doesn't have 4G, we are really getting only 3G speeds even though label it 4G
    This post seems to sum up the comparison nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    This post seems to sum up the comparison nicely
    oh 1 more thing about red pocket

I've had a customer disconnected for this

From their Terms of service

III. UNLIMITED USAGE

You agree that the Red Pocket Mobile plans are to be used for voice and SMS messaging only between two individuals. You agree that the Service is not to be used for any type of monitoring service, data transmission, transmission o f recorded material or broadcasts, call forwarding, conference calling or other use that does not consist of uninterrupted live voice or SMS messaging between two individuals. Red Pocket, Inc. may terminate or suspend Service or change your plan to one that does not offer unlimited Service if Red Pocket Mobile determines that you are using the unlimited Service offer in an unauthorized manner as described in this section. Red Pocket, Inc. will make reasonable efforts to give prior notice before taking any above action and you may terminate the unlimited Service.

UNLIMITED Voice Services. UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. UNLIMITED voice services are provided solely for live dialog between two individuals. UNLIMITED voice services may not be used for conference calling, 3-way c alling, call forwarding, monitoring services, data transmissions, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialog between two individuals. If Red Pocke t finds that you are using an UNLIMITED voice service offering for anything other than live dialog between two individuals, Red Pocket may at its option terminate your service or change your plan to one with no UNLIMITED usage component s. Red Pocket will provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the Agreement.

UNLIMITED Text Services. UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. UNLIMITED text services are provided solely for live messaging purposes between two individuals. UNLIMITED text services may not be used for Premium SMS which utilizes short codes, SMS chat programs, monitoring services, data transmissions, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live messaging purposes between two individuals. If Red Pocket finds that you are using an UNLIM ITED text service offering for anything other than live messaging purposes between two individuals, Red Pocket may at its option terminate your service or change your plan to one with no UNLIMITED usage components. Red Pocket will provi de notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the service. Text messages are limited to 160 characters per message. Premium text messages are NOT permitted under UNLIMITED Text Services. Red Pocket Mo bile ® UNLIMITED currently supports international text messaging. Red Pocket does not guarantee delivery of messages and reserves the right to change this offer as needed without notification. Text messages, including downloaded conten t, not delivered within 7 days will be deleted. Red Pocket reserves the right to change this delivery period as needed without notification. You are charged for each part of messages that are delivered to you in multiple parts. When a s ingle message is sent to multiple recipients, the sender is charged for one message for each recipient and each recipient is charged for the message received.

http://goredpocket.com/terms_and_conditions

Hmmm looking at H20 their TOS Are similar

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageControl.php?page=Tc

If you plan on streaming or tethering to a TP a lot of data (i.e. YouTube, Pandora, etc.) you can expect some skipping on just about any of these MVNO services. I'm testing H2O and I get pauses while tethering to my TP I didn't get as much as with ATT and mobile speed tests prove speeds are throttled with MVNOs like H2O. Since both ATT & H2O skip while streaming, I chose H2O because it's almost HALF the price and I use wifi (when possible) for streaming.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok - I've been on h2o for 3 days now and no Problems. Speed is better then my pre - on sprint & coverage is much Better. And I'm not complaining but my at&t navigation is Working!
    i would stay away from red pocket. i have it now. had it for about a week and it is not good at all
    I am in NY in the middle of a "4G" area. my data is between 40 and 120 kbit/s. pandora skips on every song and youtube is useless, does not play at all.

the mms settings they give do not work. i had to search around for the settings on the internet.

they repeatedly claim they do not throttle data, but they do
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    ok - I've been on h2o for 3 days now and no Problems. Speed is better then my pre - on sprint & coverage is much Better. And I'm not complaining but my at&t navigation is Working!
    I am new to H2O as well and using the $60 plan. Are paying extra for the AT&T Navigation through H2O Wireless?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calpolykc View Post
    I am new to H2O as well and using the $60 plan. Are paying extra for the AT&T Navigation through H2O Wireless?
    no i'm not paying extra - i assumed it wouldn't work but as of now, it still does on both mine & wifes pre3
    When I try to go onto AT&T Nav on my non AT&T SIM, I get a prompt asking me to either try a 30 day trial or to pay $9.99 per month.
    NOTE re: H2O Wireless. No 3-way calling is available. A bummer for those who use that frequently.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast