Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 156
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    That is such great news to hear! You just made my night ;-)
  2. #22  
    Quick question - did anyone need additional setup for web access? I just switched to H2O from T-Mobile and I have no internet right now.

    It's only been about 10 minutes, but I'm just wondering if there's any additional setup that I may need to do.

    If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sensibilities View Post
    Quick question - did anyone need additional setup for web access? I just switched to H2O from T-Mobile and I have no internet right now.

    It's only been about 10 minutes, but I'm just wondering if there's any additional setup that I may need to do.

    If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
    Yes, you need to manually enter the APN settings.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    They said 24hrs, but it was ported over sooner than that. I called to speak and asked their customer service questions (on hold for a while). You will know the port is complete b/c your current phone will not work.

    Like you, I am new to the port and GSM game after 11yrs with Sprint. I was surprised that my navigation also works flawless, even better than my Pre-, since the Pre 3 is probably running the latest uodates.
    I was just curious how you got the AT&T Navigation to work on H20 Wirless? When I launch, it says i have to pay for it, and when I agree to the terms it says I'm not an AT&T user... If anyone could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, for your help!
  5. #25  
    So what kind of speeds are you actually getting?
  6. zemoffm's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe04 View Post
    I was just curious how you got the AT&T Navigation to work on H20 Wirless? When I launch, it says i have to pay for it, and when I agree to the terms it says I'm not an AT&T user... If anyone could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, for your help!
    I'm pretty sure you need to be an ATT customer to use ATT navigation since they bill you like 10 bucks a month for the service. Since you are now on h20wireless, you are no longer an ATT customer so you can't use ATT navigator. Thats what I would think anyway...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I was surprised that my navigation also works flawless, even better than my Pre-, since the Pre 3 is probably running the latest uodates.
    excuse me for sounding like an *****, but what navigation do you use? i have been on sprint and love sprints nav but if i switch to H2O what nav would i use?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    excuse me for sounding like an *****, but what navigation do you use? i have been on sprint and love sprints nav but if i switch to H2O what nav would i use?
    Yes, please expand. Are you using H2O? Are you saying ATT navigation just works without paying their $10 a month? Were you initially provisioned on ATT and then switched to H2O? (I'm actually asking rovernole)
  9. #29  
    i will be watching this thread. i'm about 90% sure that i want to do this. Pre3 is on its way from califonia. plus, its no contract so what do i have to loose to try it?

    the only things that have me worried are as follws (some clarification about this would be very helpful with my decision):

    Is there a hidden data cap?
    Do they throttle data speed (will i be able to take advantage of HSPA+)?
    What Navigation will i be able to use and is it free?
    Any hidden fees?

    thanks for all your help guys.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i will be watching this thread. i'm about 90% sure that i want to do this. Pre3 is on its way from califonia. plus, its no contract so what do i have to loose to try it?

    the only things that have me worried are as follws (some clarification about this would be very helpful with my decision):

    Is there a hidden data cap?
    Do they throttle data speed (will i be able to take advantage of HSPA+)?
    What Navigation will i be able to use and is it free?
    Any hidden fees?

    thanks for all your help guys.
    Hey, sounds like we're in the exact same situation! Please PM me if you have any tips/advice. I plan on activating on ATT just to make sure I'm provisioned properly with H+ on their 450min and minimum data plan off contract SIM, unlocking it, THEN going the H2O "unlimited" route and using the iphone configuration for the data. I've read some forums about all this and so far no one is telling me any different or this won't work. I think the provisioning by ATT is the key step hefe to set it up and keep the H+ functionality when you switch to H2O. BTW, H2O apparently DOES cap their data @ 1.5-2GB, which is what they deem "reasonable usage". The answer to your H+ on H2O question I've been unable to find a clear answer to as well. Thanks in advance ya'all!
  11. #31  
    i have been calling and waiting in the chat line on their site all day.... i finally got in and the person on the other end takes 5 minutes to respond to every freaking question. not looking good.
  12. #32  
    WHAT NERVE! **** if i'm going to switch to H2O....

    granite, i was irritated for waiting on the phone for almost an hour. called 3 times, when i got someone they said i was in the wrong department and gave me the right number to call. when i looked at the number closely after i hung up, it was the same number i just called. i'm not gonna get involved with that type of Customer Support bs.

    and on the chat... i try to talk to someone for ever, i finally get someone, they take forever to respond, and when i start questioning them about specific details of data caps they Terminate the connection in the chat.


    Heres the conversation:

    (15:29:33)SUPPORT:Welcome to H2OWIRELESS. Please wait for the next available representative.

    (15:34:19)SUPPORT: Thank you for contacting customer service, my name is JESSICATM. How can I help you?

    (15:36:07)Jon: hi

    (15:36:29)Jon: i was wondering if you could answer some question regarding H2O's service

    (15:37:13)Jon: hello? are you there?

    (15:37:16)SUPPORT: How can I assist you today?

    (15:37:46)Jon: is there a hidden data cap on the unlimited plans with H20?

    (15:39:32)Jon: hello?

    (15:42:22)Jon: hello??

    (15:43:37)SUPPORT: UNLIMITED DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE. If your plan includes data services, such services are provided solely for purposes of web browsing, messaging, multimedia streaming and similar activities. You are responsible for all data activity from and to your mobile phone or device regardless of who initiates the activity.

    (15:44:25)Jon: hey, thanks for showing me that you can copy and paste from your terms of service... now can we have a conversation? that would be nice...

    (15:44:30)SUPPORT: The data is UNLIMITED. However, there are unauthorized manner described in the section from our full Terms&Conditions�s which gives Locus (H2O Wireless) the rights to disconnect or switch over to another plan which doesn�t have Unlimited data.

    (15:45:13)Jon: so what is deemed unreasonable usage?

    (15:48:20)SUPPORT: It all depends on how you're using the phone. Data is more for browsing purposes.

    (15:49:33)Jon: haha, so what about pandora? flash games? facebook? foursquare? either your plan is UNLIMITED or its NOT and there is a SPECIFIC LIMIT

    (15:51:02)Jon: and i'm not sure what you do with your phone but DATA is NOT only for browsing purposes...

    (15:54:00)Jon: your terms of service says that "web browsing, messaging, multimedia streaming and similar activities." thats a lot more than "browsing purposes"

    (15:55:17)Your session has been ended. Thank you.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i have been calling and waiting in the chat line on their site all day.... i finally got in and the person on the other end takes 5 minutes to respond to every freaking question. not looking good.
    As many have noted, customer service and fast support call queues are not the strength of H2O. Having said that, once you are up and running, what else do you need them for?

    I have a Pre3 and wife has an Veer running on H20 for about a 5 days now. Both of us getting the H+ symbol at the top and the Net Speed app by Karge Software is reporting an average of 200-250 K Bit/s.

    I can't say if they'll cap or throttle but so far we're doing well with it and like the service.
  14. Tikkanen's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #34  
    I've never been a AT&T user, and used a H2o Wireless SIM card starter kit purchased from Best Buy, and have HSPA+ on my Pre 3 out of the box.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    As many have noted, customer service and fast support call queues are not the strength of H2O. Having said that, once you are up and running, what else do you need them for?
    if they cut my data what am i supposed to do? wait the month out until i can use data again on my "Unlimited" plan?

    sorry, this is just upsetting me that they say one thing and twist their TOS so that they can literally take it all away from you for using any amount of data, just because THEY deem it an unreasonable amount.

    after reading this post it has me nervous.

    H2O $60 unlimited is a joke. You call this unlimited?
  16. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #36  
    Service works good no issues here....plenty fast, I get the H+


    But no google voice integration and that's a deal breaker for me. H2o does not allow conditional call forwarding.
  17. #37  
    I'm probably over reacting a little. i may still give it a try... having a Pre3 would be worth it for me. i just don't want to pay 60 dollars, and have them take away my service for playing pandora in my car on road trips.

    everyone here for the most part is having mediocre to good experiences.

    is it a fact that they throttle speeds though? for the guys who just said they are getting H+, what speeds are you getting?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    if they cut my data what am i supposed to do? wait the month out until i can use data again on my "Unlimited" plan?

    sorry, this is just upsetting me that they say one thing and twist their TOS so that they can literally take it all away from you for using any amount of data, just because THEY deem it an unreasonable amount.

    after reading this post it has me nervous.

    H2O $60 unlimited is a joke. You call this unlimited?
    I see your point and if I was in your position, I'd be concerned too. For me though most of my "data" usage is actually via WIFI - at work and home and most places I go too now have WIFI so it's less of an issue for me. I use the phone carrier data mostly to check email, or look up something on the web when out and about, I don't normally stream Pandora or video via the data plan and if i do it's very limited. I left Sprint's everything data plan where my usage rarely topped about 500MBS per month.
  19. #39  
    Looking at my Sprint plan, the most data i have ever used since last year was 1.16 GB ( i think i hit over 2 GB before) and my average is 600MB.

    i don't feel like that is anywhere near unreasonable.

    like you, i also live and use my phone in mostly Wifi covered areas. My campus is fully Wifi. It just has me nervous. The only thing that is keeping me is that i know its not under a contract and i can leave and go back to Sprint whenever i want.
    PlatEdSonata likes this.
  20. #40  
    Also, i'm very new to these different MVNO companies. why is H2O better than say Simple Mobile?

    SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited Cell Phone Plans

    even the company Red Pocket at least says what their Cap is for their plan, I'd rather be told and be data conscious than have them surprise me with turning my data off.

    http://goredpocket.com/plans
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 10/12/2011 at 03:58 PM.
    PlatEdSonata likes this.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions