Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Seriously its embarassing that my 800mhz single core iPad destroys my 1.5ghz dual core Touchpad on the same wifi network with regards to browsing speed. Shows me that HP didn't optimize anything. Also, my 1ghz single core Android phone beats it as well. And this is with all the patches I could have installed, and with flash off on all devices to make it fair.
    Okay... I realize I was just asking to play point/counterpoint when I responded to your post, but I was trying to illustrate that most of these things you listed don't matter to most people. I know that geeks and CS majors can appreciate how much faster their multicore Alienware gaming rigs are, but most folks out there don't care whether Amazon-dot-com loads in 8 seconds or 4 seconds on their Compaq Presarios. You did read the last paragraph in my post, didn't you?

So, I'll concede to your points - webOS is dead, it sucks, Android and iOS are teh best, et cetera, and so on. I've obviously wasted my money on a phone that serves my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The important thing is that you enjoy your phone. Who cares what other people think?
    EXACTLY.
    I agree. I love WebOS. I use it because I can email and go on the internet and check my calendar all at the same time, effortlessly. And a review isn't going to change that.

In my job, you get reviewed by the press all the time, and you learn two things; a) some of the greatest works of art had mixed or terrible reviews, from Rodin's Thinker, to Beckett's Waiting for Godot, to Katy Perry's One of the Boys. Each of those artists would not be around if reviews actually meant anything.

And with the Pre 3, reviews really and truly don't mean anything. The most important review is the one that Meg Whitman has of the work that Ari Jaaksi has done since he's been hired. If he can convince her that his experience with Meego will make WebOS into a disruptive platform then we have ghost of a chance. If he can't, then even the greatest, most golden review of the Pre 3 would not be able to save it.

And even though I LOVE WebOS, I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Um hold up did you just say the touchpad was marketed quite well.. Are you mad? A soft release. We're done.

* And my SMS dosent ever lock up. My battery life *is perfect with mode switcher/screenstate. anything else you can point out?

iOS and Android may have some extra features more then us but we have some pretty heavy hitting features that they dont come close to having or that is as streamsly and heavily intergrated(just because they some what have it or it kinda works dosent cut it.) I simply *get stuff done faster on my phone then someone with a iphone. Example: I ran this test with 3 friends 2 with android 1 with a iphone 4 and me with my pre2. Test was to post a fb status,message each of the 3 respectively, schedule dinner, check in at school, tweet the definition of amoeba from wikipedia. and take a picture of a object and upload it to facebook/twitter and another file sharing service. all accomplish in whatever means we had at our disposal.

I beat all 3 with time to spare. just typed definition of amoeba copied it tweeted/fbed. attached a pic using quickpost done. Messaged all 3 them the definition of it using the mssgeing app and attached the pic that I took with my camera app.while I opened facebooked checked in and the calender where I added dinner while I uploaded the photo I took to pohotbucket.. Guy with the photon came after me and the iphone got dead last. all 3 exp users. My phone didnt lock up or lag. pre2, muffled logging,jstop, oc'ed for battery use and ondemand. Got the job done and efficiently.

I had and iphone 3gs btw, and I have a Evo 4g.Power user on both and I choose to use neither Because my pre2 is faster. Perfect size and I dont need some garbage slow apps.
    1. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...2-sms-lag.html
    2. Kind of my point. You need to hack/patch to achieve a somewhat desirable experience.
    3. Since when did smartphone usage turn into a speed race? Read my post above about how most could care less about that type of thing.

Also, your 'measurement' of speed/ease is not exactly objective. You could be a lot more experienced and know your OS better than those with the other devices. What if it was a webOS user in that test that had only been using webOS for a week? Would they still achieve the same results?

I don't see how anything you have listed here is a compelling feature to your average user.
    Last edited by barkerja; 09/25/2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    To a avg user. They can do everything any other user can but faster and easier. <win

And no I do not acheive a somewhat desirable experience I receive an amazing unbeatable experience. And even without those I still run like a champ.
    I STILL see TouchPad ads on ESPN, long after HP took webOS behind the shed.
    To a avg user. They can do everything any other user can but faster and easier. <win

And no I do not acheive a somewhat desirable experience I receive an amazing unbeatable experience. And even without those I still run like a champ.
    Since you seem to be about the challenge of proving a point, I have one for you that we can use to measure.

1. Open a website in your browser.
    2. Send that website to Instapaper directly from the browser.
    3. Send the URL of that website to someone in an email AND a Tweet.
    4. Google a good recipe you want to cook this evening, add that recipe to Evernote from your phone.
    5. Share that new recipe on Facebook (you choose how you want to share).

Let me know if you're up to the challenge!
    Any company that will review it will be private. Would you rather they lie its a perfect phone? I've seen it, not very nice at all.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
    Oh IDK, how about:

Camera that shoots 1080p video and quality 8mp stills.
    A screen that is higher resolution that phones released years ago.
    HDMI out or equivalent.
    A phone that is actually thin.
    An OS that has navigation, voice to text, voice search, etc etc etc
    An OS which is polished and not buggy.
    A OS that actually utilizes its hardware effectively instead of continually being slow even when overclocked and patched to hell. Compare browser speed with any phone released in the last 1-2 years. Bet ya its slower.

I mean come on. I get that WebOS people are BEYOND biased as they will overlook literally everything as long as there are cards and synergy, but how could you even type that with a straight face?
    You never handled the Pre3 - did you?

What would a thinner phone get me? The thickness is great the way it is.

HDMI - this is one of those features. If it's important to you then this is a killer. But most people will never use HDMI so not really a big factor in evaluating a phone.

None of the mobile OSs has navigation built-in. It's always an app. There is no disagreement about the lack of apps. But even with the few thousand apps Navigation is available for webos - so this particular point is not one actually.

Voice (search, etc...) - ok - sure, that's somewhat innovative. I don't miss it one bit - if you do - fine - that's surely a downside from your perspective. The other OSs have built-in Voice search?

8MP is worse than 5MP. That has hardly anything to do with a cameras quality in practice. It's a widespread mis-assumption that more MP is automatically a better camera.
    The Pre3 has a fairly good camera. Calling it a bad camera in the review is simply not correct.

webos is very polished and not buggy. When I say not buggy - I don't mean 100% free of bugs - just that there are no glaring bugs that hinder my everydays use. Pretty much like IOS and Android - which are not 100% bugfree either. Science hasn't found a non-trivial bugfree software yet.

I haven't bothered to overclock my Pre3 yet. It's far from slow.

I just loaded a web site that was never loaded before - it was fairly speedily. I'll load the same page next occasion I have on a friends Iphone 4 - but from what I remember it would be roughly the same. Part of the time is network speed anyway (browser waiting for the data to come in). Anyway - being 0.5 seconds faster is not what I consider innovation. I don't have all smartphones from the last 2 yeras available for testing - but I find it highly unlikely that they will all be faster.
    OK - with a quick google search I found this video:
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLi5ccES4o"]
    I used the same pocketnow url that was mentioned in the video.
    Same speed. Speed is probably mainly determined by the rate the packets come in.
    You lost that bet (they all develop their browser from the same webkit base anyway - Safari, Chrome, webos Browser - all webkit).

Again - are your opinions based on any actual experience - or just based on reading reviews?

How come I'm biased (basing my opinions on actual everyday experience with a Pre3) - but yours is not (where it sounds like you never actually used one)?

I can type all this with a straight face because it's true.
    Again - when it comes to apps webos clearly looses. And the platform is currently dead without much hope for resurrection. I can understand anybody who doesn't want a phone with a dying ecosystem. And I have no problem with anybody ignoring this because HDMI is important to him/her.

But webos itself is a beauty to use. That's a fact and few deny that. I have yet to meet anybody who claims that - when it comes to the OS and UI - Android or even IOS are better.
    The Pre3 hardware (based on the first couple of weeks of use) is great.
    Much improved battery life (compared to the Pre I used before).

The keyboard is very good. If a physical keyboard is not your cup of tea - shrug - fine - choose another phone. But that doesn't change the fact that this is one good physical keyboard.

How exactly would the phone be any better if it were 1-2 mm thinner? I honestly don't see that point. I feels good in my hand. I get a solid grip. Thankfully no more glosssy.
    The screen is gorgeous. Criticizing the pixel density is crazytalk. The Iphone 4 has an even higher pixel density on a smaller screen. BTW - the Pre3 is actually slightly less long than the IPhone - but has a larger screen (less space wasted on bezel).
    That the reviewer criticized it for lack of buttons - when the gesture area is so much better/elegant and BTW the Pre3 (like all webos phones) - does have a "home" button. Making it obvious ho superficial this review was.

Calling the camera bad is also crazy. Probably never bothered to use it, just read the specs and concluded that anything below 8-12 MP must be bad. Which is flawed thinking. A phone cameras quality is determined by
    * MegaPixel
    * optics
    * processing

The widespread assumption that more MP is always more good is simply false. That's cool for spec-bragging but becomes counter-productive above ca 4 MP. Assuming that most people don't print posters there's only so many pixels that actually make a visible difference on your eventual printout (or your computer screen). Below that is not enough and above that is too much. Those wasted MP come at a cost. It "costs" extra processing time and storage space to store that. And for a given sized optical chip extra pixel can actually worsen the image quality. All you need for everyday purposes is 3-4 MP.

That review was written by somebody who criticized the Pre3 for not being more like his Android phone. More buttons - ts ts. I was happy when the button was reduced to a flat area part of the gesture area on the post-Pre models. I hardly ever use it anyway.
    Heck - I want to remove the launcher icon from the quick bar - because the up-swipe already does that better.

That review was simply wrong on several points, outright silly on others and if you think that the Pre3 is slow, buggy and/or too thick then I have to conclude that you never actually used it. And yet you try to argue that you opinions are factual and not biased.

This phone is selling on ebay for 250 - 500 EUR/$. And these are *ebay* prices (where people have less guarantees than from a shop/provider), can't use upgrade rebates, can't pay in installments and for a dying platform. This phone would have sold if it were ever actually marketed.

It has enough apps for my purposes, I don't use HDMI and I could have gotten any other phone I wanted. For my taste and use it's the best smartphone available (and I'm currrently assuming that webos has no future outside some homebrew).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    jvanhou and LCGuy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjuliano View Post

It's as if all of webOS's positive aspects count for nothing, and all of its negatives count twice.
    No, its that all of the positive aspects of WebOS are nice little additions if they were on a solid OS optimized for solid hardware. What is synergy going to do for a consumer when for example on the Touchpad, the sound just stops working randomly or the time drifts off by hours randomly. I mean, adding a cool messaging app on top of a buggy unoptimized OS is meaningless, which is why its treated as such I guess.
    Sales dont mean anything? Poor marketing can kill the best device in the world. The touchpad relfects both of those points.

The Cons never have outweighed the pros. In its time that each phone was released they were a competitor but just slightly behind the curb with awful marketing. Any owner of a webos phones today a pre2,veer,pre3 can tell you that their friends and colleges are blown away by what webos and the phone can accomplish. My hardcore android and iphone friends **** their pants when I show them what I can do with my pre 2. Especially with the nice frills I attach with preware and webos internals.
    Can you give me one example of something you can do that would blow me away as an Android phone owner?
    It was fair. It was totally fair. Sorry but anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.
    It runs an operating system that lacks threaded emails. There is noticeable lag and TMC errors on a processor that should be able to handle it out of the box. The camera is (apparently) mediocre. There are no apps. The device has no future. It's been discontinued. It has a standard display resolution, standard size, good but not excellent keyboard. It's suffering from the same damn bugs that were in webOS 1.0 and 2.0.

I'd love a Pre 3. Engadget gave credit where credit was due. The hardware was solid. The screen was excellent. (I didn't even know that was the case until I read the review.) The UI, multitasking, navigation... as always, excellent. Efficient software. Open platform. Honestly at this point those things are all webOS has going for it.

Of-frickin-course the multitasking and Synergy and cards are better. It's webOS. It's the most elegant and intuitive operating system on the planet.

But it's simply just not a competitive phone any more, which is not to say it's not perfectly usable. But it's another Pre, not another revolution.
    I couldn't agree more with innocentbystander.
    I found it a fair review.
    As an upgrade to a Pre- or Pre+, oh hell yes. This is my situation and I would have jumped at it.
    As a phone to entice new users, no. Sadly, no.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    This really was one of the worst reviews I've ever read, and filled with biases and untruths. For example, he said that this would be the last consumer webOS device, while that may happen, its not true yet. Also, he implied that nobody would ever want this as their primary phone, I don't see why not... it's going to be mine (followed by a Pre2 and a Veer).

The whole article seemed sarcastic and ridiculing more than professional. I know I'm certainly not unbiased, and can appreciate the shortcomings of the Pre3, but all the jabs he took at the device, HP, and Palm were irrelevant and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    It seemed Very harsh to me, though I have to admit holding a Pre3 in my hand is but a dream.

If I am not remembering incorrectly the Pre3 has an autofocus camera, not the extended depth of field Engadget quotes it as having.

Keyboard Size. I dont know about you but I much prefer my original Pre's keyboard to ANY vitural keyboard I have ever used on ANY phone. I have to believe the Pre3's is bigger and hence better.

Lack of Home buttons. Yeah, I much prefer swiping up from the gesture area than having to tap on a button.

Said they liked the fact that they could hold it up to their face and not have it eclipse it, but wanted a still wanted a bigger screen.

Screen was good, good colors and viewing angle etc. Phone call quality was great.

The Phone is the same as the original Pre. Hardly in my opinion the pre3 looks to have come miles from that original

So basically what I took away from this is an almost alright phone but its rubbish as its not android. Am I completely wrong? Is the phone as bad as they are saying it is? Does it really not compete? Am I wrong in lusting over this phone?
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    The review was kinda rough, but the guy was just being honest I thought. It was pretty clear that the Pre wasn't meant for him. I think it just hits a nerve with a lot of us because we like the Pre and webOS so much.
    Can you give me one example of something you can do that would blow me away as an Android phone owner?
    Depends to how you want to be blown away hard way or easy way?

Lots of WebOS can do that Android Phone can do. But a little Android Phone can do over webOS.

Here are some... answer these.. maybe you blown away.. maybe not just keep cool & peace, ok?
    1. How to make Android browser mostly open desktop view instead mobile view using the default browser.. I don't care there are dolphine HD, firefox, opera etc etc.. Google can make chorme browser.. they should can do same with Android.. but.. unfortunetly not.
    2. How make all contact merge all in one when I input many account emails, facebook on my android phone.
    3. I like IM, I like chat & message, How I can make them in one thread of chatting? SMS + chatting? I can change between sms & chat with same person in no time, even not change screen at all!
    4. How to write 2 or more mail in one time? I have job.. can be said marketing.. I need to copy paste between new mail, edit here and there, using calculator, and send them very quickly? how you can do on Android? how many press & hold home button you will do?
    5. How you arrange launcher apps? how to make tabs, give tabs name? I never found this answer on Android.. the only solution is install additional app, or make widget or shortcut.
    6. Maybe last.. maybe not... here it is.. how to add function or feature on Android build in app, ie additional context menu in browser , YouTube, Phone, Email, SMS?. All I know usually you install another app from Android Market.

Hey I got these questions due my experience with Android, couple of months ago I have old Android phone, but I already sold it since my Veer arrived. Lately I'm not much learn about Gingerbread new features , so I think I missed some even I still play with high end phone lately. I'm not play them thoroughly, because those phones not mine, but from my customers. Hey... Droid X2 is handsome but how I can put it in my pocket? no belt case even fit it , even it fits, my pants will always go down because it is quite heavy
    Evo 3D is handsome too.. but is it really worth buy if we don't use 3D camera much? waste it, isn't it?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post

Of-frickin-course the multitasking and Synergy and cards are better. It's webOS. It's the most elegant and intuitive operating system on the planet.
    I miss this so much. Been on another OS for a month now and though I'm used to their way of doing things, webOS is still king (which is sad as much as it frustrating when I hear others touting that other OS's do it equally or better than webOS). Included in multi-tasking is the notification area btw.

However all the other reasoning in the article is exactly why I don't own a webOS device at the moment unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    I miss this so much. Been on another OS for a month now and though I'm used to their way of doing things, webOS is still king (which is sad as much as it frustrating when I hear others touting that other OS's do it equally or better than webOS). Included in multi-tasking is the notification area btw.

However all the other reasoning in the article is exactly why I don't own a webOS device at the moment unfortunately.
    WebOS isn't a king.. lack here and there.. but all know none OS out there is perfect.
    For easy say.. each OS have their own purpose , their own pros & cons.
    For iOS.. it is best for gaming, none can beat it, even an NDS or PSPGO or even a Netbook that runs full Windows.
    For Android, it is best for Linux savvy people, and best for people that love many app, but FREE!
    For WebOS, it is best for business and for works. It don't have many apps & games, but yet it is still have their own strength.. and surely homebrew support really priceless.

WebOS have many lacks especially the performance. It is surely because the support very lack because Palm & HP can't do something for it. HP just want to milk it in very short time, don't want to waste money to make it mature.

First time I thought that WebOS need not much CPU power.. but lately I change my mind, yes.. it is need powerful CPU somewhat like NVIDIA CEO said about WebOS. If only Pre 3 using dual core CPU, and it already 100% GPU accelerated, then Engadget review will be different.
    Last edited by The Bard; 09/26/2011 at 02:22 AM.
    It was fair. It was totally fair. Sorry but anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.
    You haven't actually used it either - do you?
    Let's see ...

It runs an operating system that lacks threaded emails.
    Email is an app - but yes - it's an inbuilt one and it doesn't have a threaded view.
    I agree that this is a weakness - though not a major one.

There is noticeable lag
    Not really in my experience. What do I have to do to reproduce that? (and in a place where that doesn't also happen with other phones)

and TMC errors on a processor that should be able to handle it out of the box.
    1. TMC is a memory problem.
    2. What do I have to do to reproduce that? After 2 weeks (and a lot of installing stuff and playing around with it) I have yet to see my first TMC on the Pre 3 (I did have TMC errors before I installed the UeberKernel my Pre- - but not once since the UeberKernel improved the TMC criteria).

Again - what actual experience do you have with the device?

The camera is (apparently) mediocre.
    Well - the review called it shameful, lousy and forgettable. Even mediocre would be better than that.
    Anyway none of that is true.

And the apparently confirms my suspicion that you don't have first-hand experience. How can you claim that the review is fair when you didn't actually use it yourself?

There are no apps.
    Wrong. Though it is a very low number. No denying that. But that doesn't make either hardware or UI bad.

The device has no future. It's been discontinued.
    Most likely true. Sadly.
    Still - I have 2-3 years before that will affect me. Who knows what happens until then. webos could get resurrected again (unlikely) or Android could have evolved into having all the features that made webos better. I'll see what's what in 2013 or so.

It has a standard display resolution
    Not true.
    It's a very very good display. It doesn't have to be the best to be good.

standard size,
    That's a bad thing how?

good but not excellent keyboard.
    The keyboard is very good. I might call it excellent, but I don't have enough experience with other good keyboard phones.
    Anyway the review didn't call it good - it badmouthed the keyboard. So even you don't agree with the review here.

It's suffering from the same damn bugs that were in webOS 1.0 and 2.0.
    For example?

I'd love a Pre 3. Engadget gave credit where credit was due.
    That is not correct. We must have read different reviews.

The hardware was solid.
    Yup and still is.

The screen was excellent.
    Still is - and even there he - for some weird reason - had to call it "crammed".

(I didn't even know that was the case until I read the review.) The UI, multitasking, navigation... as always, excellent. Efficient software. Open platform. Honestly at this point those things are all webOS has going for it.
    Err what? You provide a list of features where it is excellent and then - like the guy in the review - you turn it around and make it sound like a bad thing overall.
    Also let's not forget to add notifications, Flash support, Touchstone, gestures instead of button row to the long list of things it has going for it.

Again - there is no denying that webos looses when it comes to app selection. This alone can be a killer argument and mentioning that is fair. That is part of the platform you buy and if a needed app is not available already this alone is a reason not to buy another webos device.
    But besides apps - when we talk about the OS itself and it's UI - I don't see a single point where either IOS or Android beats webos.
    If you prefer a virtual keyboard - fine, then this is not the phone for you. But that doesn't make the keyboard less good than it is.

But it's simply just not a competitive phone any more, which is not to say it's not perfectly usable. But it's another Pre, not another revolution.
    Well - the same can be said for every Iphone and almost all of the Android phones.
    Yet another 3.5" Iphone or a 4" Android phone is not a revolution either.
    For 4 years Apple has done nothing but refine the form factor and spec bump it a bit.
    With Iphone 5 it will eventually improve it's horrible modal notifications. But even then neither IOS nor Android will have caught up with webos notifications.

I find it mind-boggling that webos is criticized for not being innovative enough - while it had some features for a couple years where the other platforms haven't caught up yet.
    Again - because I find those accusations most weird: webos had the best notifications 2 years ago. And it will likely still have the best notifications at the end of 2011. But webos is not innovative enough.
    WHAT???!!

Look at what you wrote. You start a sentence with how much better webos is on some features - and then discount that for some reason. With the the other 2 OSs still behind on these features - even though they had more time - and much more resources. This is crazy.

The Pre 3 would have been competitive if HP still wanted to be in consumer hardware and bothered to market and sell it.

Every single Pre 3 produced is going to be sold. And most of them considerably above the firesale price.
    We all said that webos is great - but needed better hardware (and marketing). With the Pre3 (and also Veer and probably even the Pre2 already) the hardware is solid now (but Veer is a niche product and Pre2 was not marketed).
    The Pre 3 would have been that phone we waited for. webos on competitive hardware. Sadly HP is being mismanaged by an infighting gang of incompetents.
    LCGuy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I couldn't agree more with innocentbystander.
    I found it a fair review.
    As an upgrade to a Pre- or Pre+, oh hell yes. This is my situation and I would have jumped at it.
    As a phone to entice new users, no. Sadly, no.
    Never actually used a Pre3 - right?

It's not your fault that you can't check out for yourself - it's a freakin pain to get one when you have to hunt them down on ebay.

What I don't get is how you guys can claim that this a fair review when you can't verify its veracity.

Calling the Pre3 just an upgrade to a Pre- or + is the same as calling an Iphone 4 just an upgrade for the (original) Iphone.
    And I fail to see how yet another 4.x inch Android slab-phone is revolutionary.

You need to have it in hand and actually use it to appreciate how good it is.

I'm not a Palm-******. The Pre was my first Palm device. Before that I had Nokia and Sony-Ericsson phones. I switch when I find something better. I'm not loyal to a company. I buy their products if I actually prefer them and will switch when I find something better.

I wouldn't exchange my Pre 3 for any of the Android phones or Iphone - even if you throw in the money I paid for the Pre3. As it has roughly all the apps I need (and mainly a modern browser) it's - to me - the best available smartphone on the market (even though the platform is dying).
    LCGuy likes this.
    Tholap above is right in the iPhone4 vs original iPhone comparisons...it's a very lazy criticism of the Pre 3 by a site that often shows very lazy (and inaccurate) journalism. Witness the shoddy comparisons between the Nokia N8 camera and iPhone previously for a good example of sensationalist and plainly incorrect tech journalism.

Anyway, generally in parts the review was fair, but other parts was just picking holes...and worse still in places was inaccurate. I'm not sure what inovation he expected...as above, it's not like the iPhone hardware has greatly evolved, and aside from getting bigger and bigger, Android handsets have hardly been revolution after revolution. He admits as much in the review, so not sure why he brought it up.

However, he is right about the sim setup (which is always awkward on webOS), the app catalog is pretty bare and yes, the performance is really bad occasionally (TMC errors and lag on a 1.4 Ghz processor with enough RAM shouldn't happen). The camera and keyboard complaints got me though...he must have a faulty camera on his test unit, mine shoots pretty good shots (not as good as my N8 obviously but it doesn't look as bad as you'd expect side by side). And the keys? Come on, the keyboard is amazing, I've read reviews saying it's the next best thing to a BlackBerry.

Oh, and he failed to mention the touchstone and wireless charging, which after two years still does not exist on rival products (apart from janky third party products like Power Mat). One of the best features of webOS for me.

All in all, a strange stance the people who wrote this about the original Pre:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/03/p...eview/?m=false

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    LCGuy likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast