Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cgk
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Man, what a weird, labyrinthine life this device has had. European carriers didn't even want the Pre 2, and for whatever reason, those folks were the only ones to even get the Pre 3. Excluding this guy, of course. This guy, as you've probably gleaned, is one of only a handful of AT&T Pre 3 handsets to make it out of the factory unscathed, and we couldn't be happier to be putting it through the paces. Well... we could be happier, but that would require Meg Whitman undoing Leo's departing shot through the webOS heart.

Pre 3 for AT&T review -- Engadget
    nappy likes this.
    That review seems to back up what the "naysayers" were saying all along -- the Pre 3 just wasn't competitive in the ways that mattered.
    Tows the engadget line pretty perfectly. They hate the pre form factor and can't accept that anyone might not want a thin slab the size of a dvd case without a physical keyboard.

Much as I love webos, I would've bought a pre sized portrait slider with android years ago if it had been around, and id polly still be using it.

Engadget gives andy gas.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    hmm i dont have problems with mail and gmail sync at all like they said in the review.
    emails appear at the same moment as on my desktop ( +/- 1-2 secs) wifi or 3G.
    And the email app opens instantly.
    But i have to admit that no threaded messaging is annyoning at should have seen a fix a long time ago.. as the launcher with those poort 3 icons in the row
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Particularly cruel, I think, is the review of the camera, which I've found to be quite good for a 5mpix

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    That review was terrible, how would you ever want all those buttons instead of the magnificent gesture area. I can tell they are all android users.
    Engadget has always been underwhlemed with the Pre form factor.

A few things:

1. If you like the portrait slide form factor this one is the ultimate version if it

2. The keyboard certainly is NOT cramped. Its a pleasure to use. Second best I've used on a recent phone (bold 9930 trumps it though)

3. The email sync issues they are talking about are the dreaded "check your login details". I got that a lot on my Pre Pre plus and Pre 2. Have yet to have it on the Pre 3
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have wanted this since the Think Beyond event. Wish they would have launched this first instead of the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Engadget has always been underwhlemed with the Pre form factor.

A few things:

1. If you like the portrait slide form factor this one is the ultimate version if it

2. The keyboard certainly is NOT cramped. Its a pleasure to use. Second best I've used on a recent phone (bold 9930 trumps it though)

3. The email sync issues they are talking about are the dreaded "check your login details". I got that a lot on my Pre Pre plus and Pre 2. Have yet to have it on the Pre 3
    They Keyboard is indeed awesome and i love it. Tho a virtualkeyboard for Landscape Browsing is really misssing. And sometimes i would want to have one even in portrait mode, especially for just type, when i just need a few letters for contacts or something like that.

I had those annoying messages about the google sync on my pre- runnign 2.1 quite often, tho it didnt really mean anything as google sync was still working fine.
    I didnt have that notification yet.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'd agree with their comments about the camera. The one on my Euro-spec Pre 3 feels inferior to the Pre 2's in terms of both colour reproduction and the getting the brightness / contrast right.

The auto-focus is nifty though..

Andrew