Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shanelord
  1.    #1  
    Hi! Has anyone here tried Pre3 from AT&T on Telstra NextG?
    Any success? Failures?

I wonder if NextG 850MHz works and what speed you're typically looking at?
    Can you activate it into Australian HP App Catalog?
    Any other quirks or mishaps on the way?

I understand that those unlock codes will unlock the baseband (modem) - but what about main device (webOS features)?
    not sure but I think it will work. I had a telstra hd2 & it worked on at&t on it's 3g network, and so I think the reverse would be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Hi! Has anyone here tried Pre3 from AT&T on Telstra NextG?
    Any success? Failures?

I wonder if NextG 850MHz works and what speed you're typically looking at?
    Can you activate it into Australian HP App Catalog?
    Any other quirks or mishaps on the way?

I understand that those unlock codes will unlock the baseband (modem) - but what about main device (webOS features)?
    I am also considering an AT&T Pre3 on NextG but am concerned whether I will be able to use an Aussie App Cat Profile on it. I'm not sure whether the "unlock" process has actually "locked" the device to the US App Cat.

I think the handset will work fine. I just want to make sure I can use it with my Australian Profile.

I currently use a US Pre2 on NextG which is Awesome!
    Last edited by thirst; 09/30/2011 at 12:48 AM.
    I have just orderd one.
    When it gets here I'll give you all an update.
    It'll be great to have good coverage again.
    I've had to keep my old SE K850i on hand as a travel phone.
    Make sure you check out this first...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    From whatever little understanding I have, the carrier lock and the app catalog linked to your Profile are two different things. I remember Rod Whitby mentioning the same in one of the other threads. Checking out the thread on Impostah, might be a good idea.
    I'm using an AT&T Pre 3 on Telstra NextG right now. Works like a charm. Love it.

I didn't try activating with the AU catalog - I've activated with the US one and done the Pre 3 Impersonation. Until or unless an AT&T webOS doctor is released, it may be prudent to do the Pre 3 EU impersonation so that you can at least doctor the device if needed.
    Hendikins - The Lurking Wolfox
    There's three ways - the right way, the wrong way and the railway...
    I've got my hands on an unlocked 16gb AT&T Preł and have it running on Telstra.

I have done the EU impersonation which has the added benefit of removing the AT&T bloatware.

As I own a TouchPad which has official Australian app catalog access, on my Preł I just logged into my Australian account I setup on my TouchPad and paid apps are working fine.

Most of the good app developers have meta-updated their apps for AU/NZ sales so the good ones are available. The ones that aren't I'm just mailing constantly to get them to update.

Every once in a while disconnecting my headset isn't detected but a slow insert then removal fixes it every time.

Love the phone - and love the fact its a collectors item

Regards,
    Shane.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Jive Turkey likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Mine is in transit, still.
    I hope I could get the unlock code, I was crazy enough to overpay for locked and opened item!