Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I'm in for a Veer. No Paypal though. PM sent.
  2.    #22  
    Veer folks -- I didn't get anyone serious contacting me so I tagged on a few extra DU unlock codes onto someone else's veer mass purchase, so if you're definitely serious PM me and tell me how many you want. I see why GFN stopped doing this, a lot of folks start contacting me, exchange a couple of messages, and are never heard from again. Sorry, just a little tired right now. But! if you're definitely in let me know.

Pre3 folks - just PM me as mentioned above.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    how long does it take to get the unlock code?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just ordered my pre 3 for $265 off ebay and it is ATT branded and comes unlocked....factory sealed....just for peeps still waiting to order an unlocked 1. I should get it wed or thurs so I will let you know.
    Im also in for veer.
    Sent u pm but no reply.
    Has anyone tried this? Only $20 compared to DigitalUnlock's $50. So is there a catch somewhere?
    HP Pre 3 Unlock Code - UnlockItNow.com
    I am interested for a Pre3. I will send a PM.
    I sent Payment via pay pal. In for a Pre 3 unlock. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    Veer folks -- I didn't get anyone serious contacting me so I tagged on a few extra DU unlock codes onto someone else's veer mass purchase, so if you're definitely serious PM me and tell me how many you want. I see why GFN stopped doing this, a lot of folks start contacting me, exchange a couple of messages, and are never heard from again. Sorry, just a little tired right now. But! if you're definitely in let me know.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have contacted AT&T and gotten this response after filing an escalation.

After a review of your account, we have determined that your device is not eligible to be unlocked from the AT&T network because you have not met one or more of the following requirements:
    The device does not have a long-term exclusive sales arrangement or any period of exclusivity associated with the device has expired.
    Gave the UnlockItNow people a shot so that we would know if they would be able to help.

Dear ,

Unfortunately there was no unlock code available in the HP unlock code database. This could be either because you have provided a wrong IMEI number or network provider name or else HP did not add the unlock code for your phone to their databases yet.

Please confirm that your IMEI number is (THE ONE OFF THE BOX)

If the IMEI number and the network provider name are confirmed to be correct, your HP Pre 3 can only be unlocked by a special unlock SIM bypass method. This involves simply installing an unlock SIM in your phone.

If you would like us to send you the unlock SIM at no additional costs, please just reply to this message or submit a ticket with your full shipping address. Delivery takes about 7 to 20 business days via ordinary postal mail. FedEx delivery is also available at an additional cost if required.

Thank you for your co-operation
    I then sent them the IMEI from inside the phone which has two addition numbers.

Dear Customer,

Your phone seems to be hardlocked. In this case your phone can only be unlocked by a special unlock SIM.

Kindly reply to this ticket with your shipping address and we will mail you the unlock SIM along with the instructions at no additional cost.

Thank you
    If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    UnlockItNow.com Team
    I have since asked them to cancel my order but have gotten no response. (It has only been a couple of hours.)

Hopefully we will have more luck at other sites.
    UnlockItNow.com really should remove their Veer / Pre3 offer. They know very well that they can't do it. I have gone through exactly the same process, got exactly the same emails as tucker87. At the end they canceled my order - waste of time and energy.

All they do is charge a fee for exactly the same thing AT&T would do for free. That is, check a database for unlock codes by IMEI. That's the same database the AT&T reps use. As plenty of people - including me - have found out, many AT&T reps are initially quite willing to hand out the unlock code, but are unable to because the Veer/Pre codes are not in their database. And the codes haven't been released into the DB because of the exclusivity clause.

That means if the codes are in the DB, you can get it unlocked for free from AT&T. If they aren't, neither AT&T nor UnlockItNow.com can help you. In other words, there's no point in using UnlockItNow.com at all, they're useless.
    PM sent for info on Pre3 unlock
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Unlocked! Awesome, thanks so much. Now to just get the refund out of UnlockItNow. Thanks so much Sanaking!
    Hi,

i got new HP pre 3.
    I first opened my phone which showed me the screen to enter unlock code but some how it changes to HP WebOS account page. Anyone has an idea to get how to get back to unlock code entering page?

also, are we still getting unlocking code here for pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker87 View Post
    Unlocked! Awesome, thanks so much. Now to just get the refund out of UnlockItNow. Thanks so much Sanaking!
    Can you help me to steps on how to?

I got the code for my pre3
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I did the unlock after using another SIM to do the activation. From my understanding to can hit emergency call and type #*DEVMODE# into the phone will allow you to activate via Wifi. Then you will be asked for unlock code after each reboot.

I was asked in a PM about my experience unlocking. I ended up spending $16 and getting my code from sanaking in just a few days.

I am now looking for a Veer unlock for my wife's new phone.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post

Posted to the other thread so you might not have seen it. PM you 2 days ago for 1 Veer code. Let me know if I'm too late for the group buy or still good?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    stupid newb question, this is my first gsm phone. how do you actually go about unlocking one ? I have an unlock code already.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    stupid newb question, this is my first gsm phone. how do you actually go about unlocking one ? I have an unlock code already.
    Not a stupid Q, I had same issue,

Just use T-mobile Simcard from one of you friend and after phone will boot, it will ask you unlock code.

Boom, your phone will be unlocked.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I received an unlock code with my unlocked pre 3 from ebay seller. He said I didn't need it anymore and it's 8 digits long as mine came already unlocked. Is this code still useful to anyone?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast