1.    #1  
    Hi,

is anyone on a pre 3 with google sync also experiencing low res contact photos? I had the exact same problem on my Pre + with 2.1. There was a patch available there that did more or less fix it, but it seems that this crummy problem is still not fixed on 2.2.
    Sadly, there isnīt also any patch available on Preware.
    Is anyone else also experiencing this?

BTW, I already tried cropping and scaling images to "please" my Pre 3 as much as possible...didnīt help. It got from worse to worst. Whatever I do, itīs just small pictures shown that all very much blurry.
    same thing here. I added some pictures to buddys on my Pre3 (Contacts are syncronized with google). By receiving an incoming call, the picture has a very low resolution and is nearly unusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreamus View Post
    same thing here. I added some pictures to buddys on my Pre3 (Contacts are syncronized with google). By receiving an incoming call, the picture has a very low resolution and is nearly unusable.
    Hi,

Its not the Pre3 doing this but rather Google. Google takes your picture and I don't know why but they change it into a ****ty resolution.

There are two solutions:
    1. There is a patch that blocks the Pre3 from downloading contact photos from Google (after you patch, set the picture on the Pre3 and it should remain).

OR

2. Go to google and try adding contact pictures from there

Credit to whoever made the patch, I forget where I got it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hi,

Its not the Pre3 doing this but rather Google. Google takes your picture and I don't know why but they change it into a ****ty resolution.

There are two solutions:
    1. There is a patch that blocks the Pre3 from downloading contact photos from Google (after you patch, set the picture on the Pre3 and it should remain).

OR

2. Go to google and try adding contact pictures from there

Credit to whoever made the patch, I forget where I got it
    Thank you for posting the patch! How commenting out one line of JavaScript can make so much fun.