Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    I have my pre3 now for 2 Days, it replaced my original Pre.

I had doubts about the purchase before it arrived but now i have to say it was so worth it.
    I live in germany and didnt get one for the sellout price of 79€ but i got mine of ebay still a lot lower than the original retail price.

Put my sim card in it and used my old palm profile from my Pre- (running 2.1), the sync with google worked straight away only my apps werent install properly, all of them.
    I could fix that manually after a restart, a bit annoying but atleast it worked.

The WebOS 2.X experience, compared to my original pre, is awesome. Every App opens right away, no slowdowns, everything runs silky smooth

I really love the bigger screen, especially for webbrowsing.
    Flash is nice but it dont really need it, but its nice to have it full working. Atleast the things i have tested worked fine.

A bit of a let down are all those old PDK apps, i know that they have to be upscaled but isnt the Pre3 powerfull enough to do that in a smooth way? I hope some of those see an update in the future.

Battery is imo awesome, but you have to keep in mind i was using a pre- before

The Auto-Focus Camera is great, well anyhting about the camera app is great. I remember using it on my pre- with 2.1, i took "hours" to open, taking a picture and take a look at the results. This works now like it should. Everything almost instantly.

I am a bit dissapointed of the new Maps app, imo Bing isnt really a improvement. It works like google maps before, nothing really new. But thats something all stock apps suffer from.
    Why is there no add adress from contacts option? it works the other way arround but still very annoying.

Also the accelerometer seems to have some problems, but i hope this is fixable with a update or patch in the future.

I had no real problem yet with the device, no TMC, crash, app quiting or anything. Tho i dont Multitask that much, i usually dont have more than 3 or 4 cards open.

i can really recommend the pre3 to everyone who wants a great phone and still want to use WebOS. but i wouldnt pay as much as those US ebay folks want for the AT&T unit. But if you live in Europe you can pick one up for 200-250€ and thats a good price for this phone.
    I just picked up a 16gb Pre 3 for $350! Looks like prices are finally falling.

Before you ask it was Ebay. I am hopeful this will be legit since seller had 100% feedback with over 900 feedbacks left.
    Can someone test to see if Hulu works in the web browser?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Good question!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but it doesn't work in the browser; you get the unsupported device error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburjoe View Post
    I just picked up a 16gb Pre 3 for $350! Looks like prices are finally falling.

Before you ask it was Ebay. I am hopeful this will be legit since seller had 100% feedback with over 900 feedbacks left.
    I saw you post earlier about your deal! I got an at&t 16GB for $400... Only slightly more than you. SO STOKED
    At $200, i will buy ATT Pre3! For now.. i really disappointed with my decision not to wait 1 more week. if i do that, i won't buy QWERTZ version which up till now haven't arrived yet!

BTW... i really want to know how good/bad Pre3's camera to take pictures. I have Pre+ and I really love the qulity of the pics it took, especially outdoor. I have very good photos with my family when I go travelling, and all using Pre+. Some friends even not believe me that It was using phone camera. But I really disappointed with Veer camera. It's no problem with no flash because I never use flash to take pics, to make pics looks natural. Veer camera quality really terrible even at outdoor, washed color, and blur.
    At $200, i will buy ATT Pre3! For now.. i really disappointed with my decision not to wait 1 more week. if i do that, i won't buy QWERTZ version which up till now haven't arrived yet!

BTW... i really want to know how good/bad Pre3's camera to take pictures. I have Pre+ and I really love the qulity of the pics it took, especially outdoor. I have very good photos with my family when I go travelling, and all using Pre+. Some friends even not believe me that It was using phone camera. But I really disappointed with Veer camera. It's no problem with no flash because I never use flash to take pics, to make pics looks natural. Veer camera quality really terrible even at outdoor, washed color, and blur.
    Wow if you liked the crappy camera on Pre+, then you probably love the one in the Pre 3. It is much better than the one on the Pre+. Though it is still a phone, so it can't really compare to a real camera.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12