Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    just got my att pre 3 in new york and no hspa+ whats up with that
    Same, as I just posted in the other thread.
    Also, I assumed that I would only get it in NYC (I live in the suburbs), but I just checked the coverage map on ATT's site and it says that my entire area, not to mention the city, has HSPA+.

Now I'm wondering if it's a setting issue? Or if somehow the firmware is crippled?
    That was weird.
  5.    #5  
    o man i hope we have not been had
  6.    #6  
    may be thats why they were not released and in storage
    Me too. But the box says 4G!
    Wait a minute. My SIM says 3G. Does that mean that I need a new SIM to get HSPA+?
  9.    #9  
    good point were are the tech guys when you need them
    Wait for Barry to weigh in but it is possible you might need a new sim too. I think this issue has been discussed before too. I would think that if the Veers are getting 4G then this should be able to as well.
    You should contact att and ask if that sim card needs updating.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Wait a minute. My SIM says 3G. Does that mean that I need a new SIM to get HSPA+?
    Doesn't matter as far as the SIM is concerned. It's all about what they have your account set up for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Doesn't matter as far as the SIM is concerned. It's all about what they have your account set up for.
    Thanks, but how does that work? I have to call them and say turn on 'da 4G? Aren't they just going to be silly and say that they don't support the Pre3 4G?
  14.    #14  
    are they able to get 4g or just hspa+
    Quote Originally Posted by gurren View Post
    are they able to get 4g or just hspa+
    In ATT speak: 4G = HSPA+, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    In ATT speak: 4G = HSPA+, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    True. Guys, people had the same issue with lots of phones. Call ATT to update your account to a '4g' setup. Thatll change your sim provisioning.
  17.    #17  
    thanks for clearing that up well iam not even getting that iam going to call now and see what they say
    I'm on the phone now. Sounds like a lot of head scratching on the other end of the line about what this phone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Wait for Barry to weigh in but it is possible you might need a new sim too. I think this issue has been discussed before too. I would think that if the Veers are getting 4G then this should be able to as well.
    Two things to note. Some 3G sims will work with 850 HSPA+ some will not. Thats a fact. You won't know until you go to the store and have them swap them out.
    The other thing is provisioning. Depending on the type of service plan you have and how long your account has been active, there may need to be some provisionsing done. (older accounts especially) again the rep at the store can resolve this. You shouldnt need to upgrade or sign any new contract. to get this fixed. If there is some provisioning needed they will be happy to do it. The goal is to move all older accts up to the more current systems. Sure they'd love to sell you a new contract with a new 4G phone to go with it, but that doesnt mean they dont want rid the network of old devices and the provisioning for them that sometimes hangs around long after the device itself has been buried at sea.

I'm not saying either of these things specifically applies, but I am saying they may. You need to go to a retail store if you are having data connection issues and ask them to check your sim and your account to make sure you are able to utilize HSPA + 4 G devices.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast