Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    So, she said that it was a SIM issue only. She even notated my account such that when I go to the ATT store, they'll give it to me for free.
    Um...this thread is about the ATT version, not EU/UK.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    I'm on the phone now. Sounds like a lot of head scratching on the other end of the line about what this phone is.
    keep up the good fight let me now whats the out come
  4.    #24  
    thanks ttb for the info
  5.    #25  
    off to the store i go then u guys are the best web os for life
    I have a 3G SIM from my Pre 2 that I am using for my Pre3. I logged into the AT&T site and opened a chat session with support. The tech had me enter the IMEI number of the device and then upgraded the data plan from a 3G one to 4G one.

A reset later, and all is well.
    Damn. I was never asked for my IMEI, but the CSR seemed to be "provisioning" my line (whatever the hell that means--yes, it sounds dirty). I'm heading into an ATT store tomorrow morning so hopefully that'll do the trick along with a 4G SIM.
    I too talked to AT&T tech support over chat and they didn't ask for IMEI as I guess they had it from their system. They did the provisioning (added 4G to my plan) and after that I just restarted the phone and I was all set..!
    ATTENTION you need to call ATT in order to get hspa+ service . IT IS ACTIVATED PER LINE OR ACCOUNT. It does not just show up , it has to be activated for your account . so if you have it in your area you will have to call in and get them to turn it on for your account !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I am under the assumption that H+ is locked out for ATT Pre-paid / Go Phone user, correct?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I am under the assumption that H+ is locked out for ATT Pre-paid / Go Phone user, correct?
    you will have to call and ask about that , i wouldnt know how that works , sorry .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    why not just do a speed test to confirm what kind of speed you are getting. My take is if you are showing 3g, I think you are still getting the h+ speeds. I have a veer on att prepaid, it shows 3g and my download speeds range from 2+ to 5+.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I think so. I have both types of accounts and the go phone prepaid acct isn't provisioned for 4G because they can't provision for 4G prepaid untiol there's a 4G HSPA + device in the system to provision for. The AT&T Pre 3 isn't a pre paid model and there isn't one released yert.

There shouil be one out soon, then provisioning pre-paid for hspa+ will be possible.

The only concern I would have is if one isnt released in the next couple of months, they may skip HSPA+ copmpletely on Pre-Paid go phone accts and jump right to an LTE device.
    That would be a sad thing for us Pre 3 owners but not so bad for anyone who ends up getting a 4G LTE prepaid phone when they become available!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    dale46 likes this.
    I was told the 3g sim card was fine. I live in a hspa area. The 4g card was for the LTE cities. Maybe TopTongueBarry can verify this.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I spoke with tech support, who said I needed a 4G sim card. I went to the store and changed it out and now the phone says h+ instead of 3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12