1.    #1  
    Hey guys. Took my brand new Pre 3 out of the box this morning to find that the two middle SIM connectors (six total golden prongs) were bent backwards and sticking out of the holes. I kinda bent them back into the right place but I'm not sure what I should do. Plus I'm an American with a European phone so, would HP even help me out if I needed it? Everything is fine, like my SIM is in now and its all working well but I can't afford to have an issues in the future with this. I'll upload pics if you guys are interested. But it's just weird that it had to come out that way. Thanks and any advice would be awesome!

zach
    At first I would be tempted to say that the phone was previously used. I can imagine the damage being created by yanking a SIM out of the phone too quickly....
    Those pins probably won't last a great deal of SIM exchanges before they will break off. As long as you don't change your SIM card there shouldn't be any problems. Then it's probably just a matter of being extra careful each time you do, and to try and minimize those exchanges.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor_lln View Post
    At first I would be tempted to say that the phone was previously used. I can imagine the damage being created by yanking a SIM out of the phone too quickly....
    Those pins probably won't last a great deal of SIM exchanges before they will break off. As long as you don't change your SIM card there shouldn't be any problems. Then it's probably just a matter of being extra careful each time you do, and to try and minimize those exchanges.
    Yeah, you're right. But I believe that the phone was absolutely brand new so, I don't know where to go from here. And basically, I'm SOL for any kind of warranty repair because I'm in the states right?

Maybe parts will appear on the web in due time... Dang...
    I wouldn't have pushed the pins back and requested a refund....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post
    I wouldn't have pushed the pins back and requested a refund....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Well I bought it from eBay. I haven't called HP yet. But things are still working well. Maybe HP will service it. Has anyone done a teardown yet?

I could take it apart and use the one from the Veer (if they were the same)
    i bent mine very easily but bent them back into position okay thankfully
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
    i bent mine very easily but bent them back into position okay thankfully
    How did you do that? I just dis-assembled the Pre 3 to reveal the the SIM reader is its own little part. I tried to move the metal tray that hold the card in place but upon dis-assembly I saw that its soldered to the body of the piece.

Anything helps! I'd definitely like to know how you did it though.