1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

New to WEbOS, new to Both Veer and was able to score a Pre 3. I understand that you can have only 1 phone on your palm profile. I was able to log on to my profile from both Pre3 and Veer, however when I went back to Veer, I had to go through the whole setup of logging in to my profile, passwords for email account etc

If there an easier way to switch between the two phones, or would it require this process of setup every time you switch SIM.

I could probably setup different profiles for each phone but then I guess the SMS and Call Logs wouldn't be in sync?

Thanks for any help, If i have missed a thread talking about the same thing, a pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks
    ameetmedi
    One phone per account only.
    So when you log into veer; you lose Pre3 and viceversa.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I have my pixi and touchpad on the same profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I have my pixi and touchpad on the same profile.
    Yes...but those are not two phones; that's a phone and a tablet.
    Palm allows that (obviously).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Two options:

Option 1
    1. use save/restore from preware to save app settings.
    2. backup your /media/internal to your computer
    3. Switch the phones
    4. copy the old /media/internal to the new phone
    5. install save/restore and restore

Option 2
    1. use two different webOS accounts and buy duplicates of your favorites apps.

After using Option 1 a few times (I switch back and forth) I'm now leaning toward Option 2.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I can easily live with multiple accounts on multiple devices.
    All important info is synced through the cloud (nothing in the palm profile).
    Only app purchases are not.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I can easily live with multiple accounts on multiple devices.
    All important info is synced through the cloud (nothing in the palm profile).
    Only app purchases are not.
    App purchases, photos, music, anything created locally, etc.
    So regular transfer of goodies in /media/internal is worthwhile.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    App purchases, photos, music, anything created locally, etc.
    So regular transfer of goodies in /media/internal is worthwhile.
    Thanks for adding that. I transfer such things, if necessary, via scp wireless.
    EDIT: Be careful with the numbering of photos and videos. Can be easily overwritten.
    Isn't there a preware app (maybe impostah) that allows you to backup your profile to your phone? I thought it then allows you to use one phone on a profile (won't update changes etc.) and a new one on the same profile (which continues to link to the server). Does anyone have other info about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Isn't there a preware app (maybe impostah) that allows you to backup your profile to your phone? I thought it then allows you to use one phone on a profile (won't update changes etc.) and a new one on the same profile (which continues to link to the server). Does anyone have other info about this?
    Are you refering to this: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    AfaikAfaikAfaik: $Yes$ $this$ $is$ $possible$ $but$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $appcatalog$ $on$ $that$ $device$ $anymore$.
    This is a pain in the ***, I have Pre 2 and Pre 3, I switched back to Pre2 cause my pre 3 was dead and needed to make a phone call ASAP, So one, Had to start over on Pre 2, Logged in, and then went back to Pre 3 and now it's wiped, Stupid webOS, why can't I just take my damn sim card and swap as I please. It shouldn't go by phones, It should go by only 1 phone number per webos account active at a time. Now I can't even use my Pre 3 cause i can't afford it to break at work since I'm in construction. Think I might be selling really soon.
    Just put you phone in airplane mode while you are logged in to your account on the other phone!
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3