Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Someone know anything about apps NDrive for Pre 3?
    This isn't in the catalog europe.
    It's still in beta for the pre 3.
    Do you know if there will be as many map choices as for iOS & Android devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    Thats good to know, it'll be great on the 3's bigger screen Any idea if we'll have to buy it again, or will it come down automatically once released? I bought it on the 2
    Maps are usually the same for any 'brand' of navigation app. Navigon for example uses the same .map-files for Android devices and iOS devices. I assume nDrive does the same. I think nav companies sell licenses to their software. And assuming this is an update to an existing app on the pre2, (by then also compatible with the pre3), I can't imagen them charge for another license on the same OS.
    Hoping to see this app soon in the market with a great price.
    Maps are usually the same for any 'brand' of navigation app. Navigon for example uses the same .map-files for Android devices and iOS devices. I assume nDrive does the same.
    You might be disappointed. Take a look at their site and compare offers for Android and webOS. I hope they change it for Pre 3.
    You can buy more mapps from in the app. For example I bought benelux a few weeks ago on a Pre2.
    Hi,

I had a Palm Pre- and i had installed Ndrive. I have upgraded to Pre3 (Azerty version) and all the other apps got reinstalled except Ndrive. I have emailed Ndrive support and expecting some reply why this is happening. Probably i need to go and install it manually.
    Ndrive also doesn't show up i the app catalog on my pre 3 .
    Keep you posted
    Like allready said its not available for the pre3 yet. wait a bit...
    Whew I was beginning to get worried! NDrive was one of the apps I had to get transferred over from my Pre2. For what we paid for it I would hate to see it not be available for the Pre3.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    How do you know this?
    If they fixed the Canadian license issue everyone been talking about, I might consider buying it.
    Maps are usually the same for any 'brand' of navigation app. Navigon for example uses the same .map-files for Android devices and iOS devices. I assume nDrive does the same. I think nav companies sell licenses to their software. And assuming this is an update to an existing app on the pre2, (by then also compatible with the pre3), I can't imagen them charge for another license on the same OS.
    Hoping to see this app soon in the market with a great price.
    From what I can tell reading their agreement, the license is for the device the maps were loaded on, possibly you could switch from a Pre 2 to another Pre 2, probably not to a Pre 3, especially since the software won't be exactly the same. I'm in the same transition, Pre 2 to Pre 3 with Ndrive, figure I'll have to wait until it's out of beta and then buy another copy (and more maps along with it).
    Ugh if they want another $50 for NDrive USA I will be so upset, especially since I bought NDrive on the 2 expecting to be able to put it on the 3. But I would grudgingly do it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It will be cool if they can get this app up and running for the Pre 3 because it will save me $9.95 a month that I pay for the at$t nav app.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It will be cool if they can get this app up and running for the Pre 3 because it will save me $9.95 a month that I pay for the at$t nav app.
    So how's the performance of AT&T navigator? I've been considering trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Ugh if they want another $50 for NDrive USA I will be so upset, especially since I bought NDrive on the 2 expecting to be able to put it on the 3. But I would grudgingly do it.

I would certainly buy it again if/when it's available, very, very handy to have turn by turn directions right there in my phone. I will be investigating if maps through their store also have to be repurchased.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    So how's the performance of AT&T navigator? I've been considering trying it.

It's the same company that Sprint uses for their navigation app and it works great (except it was free with Sprint, OUCH!). I've only had a chance to use the at$t nav app once but so far so good.
    I loved the nDrive on my Pre2 and can't wait for it to be available on the Pre3
    I switched my palm profile from a meta-doctored Pre- to a Veer and Ndrive installed just fine during restoring my apps from the catalogue and downloaded the maps again, also... I don't expect a problem during the transition to my Pre3 once it's in the app catalogue.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast