Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    It wouldn't hurt to mention it to whomever you can in order to push forward some form of release. I'll take any help I can get with trying to get NDrive back on my device.

HA! Yes. I've been around since the beginning of time, but I've always been very quiet. More of an observer than a poster. My first device was a Handspring Visor with the VisorPhone springboard module.. Then a Treo 180, then, then, then.. I've moved carriers multiple times to stick with Palm devices. They just seem incredibly intuitive to me.

Anyway - Are you somehow using NDrive on a Pre3? Are you a registered beta tester?

Ryan
    someones talking smelly stuff, and its just a 50/50 pick of who it can be, needs solving fast, for me its the last "essential" type app id want.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    HA! Yes. I've been around since the beginning of time, but I've always been very quiet. More of an observer than a poster.
    You got me beat!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Same here, this is the only missing app for my Pre3 to retire my good 7 year old Treo 650. It still goes with me when I'm out and about in unknown territory for the excellent turn-by-turn app MobileXT. And yes with the good old BT Garmin GPS under the windscreen.

Please guys at Ndrive just release it for the Pre3 and give my old Treo650 a break ;-)

BTW I've been visiting the Palm forums (treocentral) once in a while around 2005 when I got my Treo650, but never got an account to post stuff until 2010. So unfortunately no proof of it.
    Last edited by renater; 02/07/2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Usual typos
    It wouldn't hurt to mention it to whomever you can in order to push forward some form of release.
    Message sent to Diogo, from the NDrive beta staff. But pushing forward any form of release is another story... Let's be hopeful, it can't be that their work in webOS gets lost. I even mentioned them that people here have used alternative purchasing methods before, if the problem merely lies in the app catalog submission.

Just noticed Portugal (NDrive's home country) is not supported in the app catalog...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Message sent to Diogo, from the NDrive beta staff.
    Guess what? Diogo has replied, so quick! He extended my maps usage rights until the end of this month, and on the subject of NDrive reaching the app catalog, he told me something not very exciting, but encouraging nevertheless:

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Benigno
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    I'd like to share with you that people are worried at the webOSNation forums, because it seems they've lost contact completely with you, in the subject of NDrive reaching the app store.

Could you tell something about it? We're afraid that all your work in the webOS version might get lost, due to that communication getting lost too.

I'd say every betatester (and there was more people that wanted to become one) is set to buy it, as it is an outstanding app.

If the problem is reaching the standard app store, have in mind that people have used alternative purchasing ways before.
    Regarding the release of NDrive on app catalog for Pre3 I can't give any feedback at this time. Let me check with the management team how's that process and them I'll get back to you
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Soon(tm).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Guess what? Diogo has replied, so quick! He extended my maps usage rights until the end of this month, and on the subject of NDrive reaching the app catalog, he told me something not very exciting, but encouraging nevertheless:
    Thanks for contacting him. Next time maybe you can bribe him to give me beta access. Please keep me posted if you hear back from them again.

BTW - I absolutely LOVE your footer. It's funny - I started out with a Vic-20, C64,C128, and moved on to the Amiga line as well. I still have one of each stored in my basement somewhere. Not sure if you were in to BBS's or not, but I was one of the major programmers with New Image Software's "Image BBS" software. Ahhh, small world.
    Thanks for contacting him. Next time maybe you can bribe him to give me beta access.
    I'll ask him again if he replies back. Have in mind that they told me months ago that they had already closed admission for new betatesters.

I absolutely LOVE your footer. It's funny
    Thankyou very much! There's something sexy in loosers, I think! I see you followed the same Commodore cult as me. And we are not alone, watch that squirrel avatar just in the previous post...

Not sure if you were in to BBS's or not, but I was one of the major programmers with New Image Software's "Image BBS" software. Ahhh, small world.
    Those were the days! I spent little time in BBS. For those not old enough, let me give you a much worse explanation than Wikipedia's: A Bulletin Board System consists in some crazy geek with a computer hooked up to at least one modem (analog, of course). Then, a second, crazier geek, rings him (at a cost!), stablishes a connection, and uses a menu of whatever that BBS software might offer, just like the one Ryan wrote.

If you don't find it cool, then you aren't either! The internet is just a glorification of these.

I wonder if there are any real BBSs left. I know of even crazier people running "packet radio" systems, which are exactly the same, only through... citizen radio! Of course it's completely free and absolutely uncontrolled, there's no carrier, no ISP, no nothing. Pure technological beauty. There are people in the world still running 20 or more year old computers, their stories and skills are mindblowing. Bo Zimmerman is one of those, and his computer collection is staggering.

Now, please go watch 1983's movie "War Games" (the evil "WOPR" computer is a VIC-20!).

See? You shouldn't provoke me! ;-)

im there on that commodore etc cult scene however ud wanna strike the c64 from the loser list as that wasnt a flop and was amazingly successful, was still beating strong when the amigas showed up
    ohhh wow BBSs... I feel old
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    ohhh wow BBSs... I feel old
    think it was a few years ago id only just got round to binnign an old 9600baud modem and an ancient 14.4 modem.

i tend to horde garbage till the last minute even if it has no actual real use.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    im there on that commodore etc cult scene however ud wanna strike the c64 from the loser list as that wasnt a flop and was amazingly successful, was still beating strong when the amigas showed up
    Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading...
    NDrive has one thing in common with C64:
    This topic has it too:
    Endless waiting for expectation and hopes you have to come true.
    But, maybe, it's worth it as it was back then.
    Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading...
    LOADED!
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
    Thanks for contacting him. Next time maybe you can bribe him to give me beta access. Please keep me posted if you hear back from them again

... Odd I had no issue getting beta access on ndrive for both pre3 and then touchpad. Pre3 version I have being using for last 4 weeks now and I find it excellent. Suggest mail and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    I had no issue getting beta access on ndrive for both pre3 and then touchpad. Suggest mail and ask.
    That's a nice surprise to me!

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Very true indeed! Now, I'd like to get back on topic, but I still have no answer from Diogo.

Even if it was to say theres a massive delay, it would still be nice to know over soon(tm).

As mentioned earlier, it's typical the devs themselves are from an unsupported app cat country, hope thats not the big issue HP's end.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post

... Odd I had no issue getting beta access on ndrive for both pre3 and then touchpad. Pre3 version I have being using for last 4 weeks now and I find it excellent. Suggest mail and ask.
    Agreed, I managed to get Beta version of ndrive, using an app called uberappcat, available in the standard HP App Catalog. If one types ndrive you get several entries one of which is called "Beta 6." I then only had to pay for the maps.

"Beta 6" works really great, but, can't wait for official and final release, please, please.

Anyone else try this method and Beta version?

Also I have heard that the Pre GPS kind of fails near zero degrees longitude near Greenwich, London, UK. Are there any homebrew apps to fix this?
    I'm guessing this is what might be preventing the official release of nDrive for Pre3??
    From the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    I managed to get Beta version of ndrive, using an app called uberappcat, available in the standard HP App Catalog.
    WOT? I'd like to know about it, but can't find it on the web page of the app catalog. Have the URL at hand?

"Beta 6" works really great, but, can't wait for official and final release, please, please.
    Of course but... How did you get usage rights for the maps?

Of course but... How did you get usage rights for the maps?
    Now THAT is the question at hand. I already have the beta NDrive app. I just have no way of getting access to the maps!

How'd you manage that?

Ryan
    I already have the beta NDrive app. I just have no way of getting access to the maps! How'd you manage that?
    Aaaah, I was shocked about you using NDrive without them knowing! The trick is, precisely, the maps: Even if you have them phisically in your device, their usage rights are checked against some remote server, handled by the NDrive people.

For example, I even tried to transplant map files from my Pre to my Pre3, and they didn't work. NDrive also has a unique registration number for each device. Su, when I migrated to Pre 3, I had to give them that number, generated by NDrive, and they allowed me to download another (huge) set of maps - which expire every month.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast