Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Does anyone know whether there are Australian maps? I just looked at there site and see that other platforms support Aust but I can't see the download link for AU maps. :|
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    That is not a bug with Ndrive, it is a bug in WebOS 2.x and is well documented. HP just refuses to fix it. A contact of mine in Orange said that non-fixing of it on the Pre3 before release (in addition to other shortcomings) was one of the reasons why they refused to carry it at the end, despite their earlier agreements with HP.

Ndrive can, technically do a workaround as Navit developers did for the Pre2, but ultimately it is HP's responsibility to fix a major bug in their OS.
    With webOS moving to open source does that have any implications here? I.E. does the homebrew/webOS Internals community get empowered to help on these type of issues?
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    First: I think that I read that the update to 2.2.4 fixed that bug (might be one reason why they still released it for all devices).

Second @GeekPeter: It IS out. You can download it onto any Pre 2, Pre and Veer. But it's still beta for the Pre 3. So both is correct

Third: My wild guess is, that one reason (apart from maybe some Ndrive-bugs) holding it back was the update for the Pre 3s. Hopefully this beta is the last one before they submit it to the catalog
    I'm afraid that I've tested the latest beta of Ndrive on both the Pre3 and the Pre2 running webOS 2.2.4 and afraid that 2.2.4 does not fix the GPS bug that has been affecting all PDK apps since 2.0.. the beta works fine on the Pre2 and Pre3 apart from this. As Ndrive developers feel this an HP problem (which it is) they don't want to re-write their code for just one set of devices when the Ndrive app shares most of its code over all the platforms they release it for.

The onus is clearly on HP to fix this....

When Ndrive is released for the Pre3 it won't work between the Greenwich meridian and one degree west (parts of the UK, France and Spain).
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    it won't work between the Greenwich meridian and one degree west (parts of the UK, France and Spain).
    I've been successfully testing NDrive in Spain, both in Madrid (center) and Cadiz (west coast), both on webOS 2.1 and 2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've been successfully testing NDrive in Spain, both in Madrid (center) and Cadiz (west coast), both on webOS 2.1 and 2.2.4.
    Madrid and Cadiz will be fine as they are both west of the affected strip. But I expect Valencia and Saragossa will be a problem, as will Caen, Angers and Bordeaux in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    well I would pay twice that. A little thankfulness for a company supporting a dead os don't you think
    It depends how you look at it, doesn't it? Supporting a dead OS or exploiting a desperate user base who'll pay almost anything to have a decent satellite navigation app on their phone? Tough one to call.

Let's wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    It depends how you look at it, doesn't it? Supporting a dead OS or exploiting a desperate user base who'll pay almost anything to have a decent satellite navigation app on their phone? Tough one to call.

Let's wait and see.
    Depends on what "exploiting" is for you. If you have a much smaller user-base at webOS it might, even without competing products, need a higher price to justify the development. Some people should try to understand the most simple rules of economy.

With software development the biggest part of the costs are fixed costs and almost none "piece costs" (per sold unit). Therefore if you sell 80.000 Units at one platform you can demand a lower price than if you are expecting to sell only 10.000 units (which I expect them to sell at most). Simple laws of scale.
    Better be cheap ya thieving gits! I'm not paying a penny over 20 for it!

Let's wait and see.
    Don't be such a drama queen.
    Like I said, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$'$s$ $approx$ $20$.
    Using Tuckerbox I was able to install the veer version of Ndrive. No luck. Just hangs at the launch screen (yes, i did purchase it for my veer). Tuckerbox also gave me access to the beta feeds, but I don't think purchasing maps is the best approach as it's not in US currency and i don't know if it will transfer to the official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    Using Tuckerbox I was able to install the veer version of Ndrive. No luck. Just hangs at the launch screen (yes, i did purchase it for my veer). Tuckerbox also gave me access to the beta feeds, but I don't think purchasing maps is the best approach as it's not in US currency and i don't know if it will transfer to the official release.
    Maps are tied to DeviceId anyway.
    Any maps you purchase with a beta release will not entitle you to the full version once it comes out.
    You will have to buy the app plus (obviously other) maps again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Maps are tied to DeviceId anyway.
    Any maps you purchase with a beta release will not entitle you to the full version once it comes out.
    You will have to buy the app plus (obviously other) maps again.
    I'm beginning to suspect the full version isn't coming out. I say go for it.
    I used tuckerbox to install beta 6 to my pre3 and it works but it wants me to buy maps again even though I already purchased it for my pre2. I wish there was a way to retrieve the serial number for my maps somehow.

Ps NDrive asks at launch if I want to transfer my purchases but won't install maps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I used tuckerbox to install beta 6 to my pre3 and it works but it wants me to buy maps again
    You must contact the very helpful people of their beta team, for them to extend your maps usage rights. They'll request your NDrive serial number. By the way, I didn't see NDrive in Preware after adding those feeds with App Tuckerbox.
    I used tuckerbox to install beta 6 to my pre3 and it works but it wants me to buy maps again even though I already purchased it for my pre2. I wish there was a way to retrieve the serial number for my maps somehow.

Ps NDrive asks at launch if I want to transfer my purchases but won't install maps.

You buy usage right for one device I believe.
    If you want to move these from Pre 2 to your Pre 3, you'll have to contact them. Not sure how that would work since the Pre 3 version is not out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect the full version isn't coming out. I say go for it.
    I'm a beta tester. I've already gone for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    You must contact the very helpful people of their beta team, for them to extend your maps usage rights. They'll request your NDrive serial number. By the way, I didn't see NDrive in Preware after adding those feeds with App Tuckerbox.
    Go to the navigation section of apps its in there.

I just did the same just to check it out, and I must say it runs beautifully on the Pre3 from what I can tell. It didn't ask me to if I wanted to transfer purchases (I owned USA/Canada/Mexico for the Veer), so I haven't had a chance to test it with maps. But the loading time and general responsiveness of the UI seem like a vast improvement over the version I was running on the Veer. (I'm running at 1.9 w/ Uberkernel.)
    So - I've been going back and forth with NDrive technical support about NDrive for the Pre3.

In the end, they continue to claim that the ball rests in HP's lap and that they're waiting for approval from HP.

I contacted developer relations, and was told that NDrive has NO pending applications waiting for approval and they've not gotten any kind of update from NDrive.

I relayed this information to the person I was talking to at NDrive, and offered to help in any way possible to bring this app to the Pre3, and the line has since gone dead.

No responses. Communication gone.

This pains me greatly, because I'm very much so in need for turn-by-turn directions on my Pre3.

I paid for the app on my Pre2, and told them I'd even be willing to buy it AGAIN if they'd give me some way to make it work on the Pre3. Nothing.

Has anybody (besides approved NDrive beta testers) found a way to get this app to function on the Pre3 yet? If I run the Beta version, is there a way to re-buy the maps and get the beta to run?

This is me being desperate for a solution. NDrive has gone silent. So they're obviously not going to help.

Anybody else have any success stories?

Thanks,

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    So - I've been going back and forth with NDrive technical support about NDrive for the Pre3.
    Very sad to hear that - I was about to disturb again the NDrive beta people, as my maps expire every month. Last one who answered (and promptly renewed my maps) was Diogo Benigno. I don't know if I should tell him about your findings.

By the way, you've been around these forums since TEN years ago? How were things back then? Is the statistic true, that you've only posted 49 times in 3650 days?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast