Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Is that correct, off-base????
    Off base. the app catalog is still regulated by HP.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I would find it hard to believe HP is the hold up, enough people in power would want to use/get the app out because of the absence of any good navigation apps in the catalogue.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    FYI: GPS fix errors have been reported in the nDrive beta forums by Pre 2 users on 2.2.4.
    Not sure if these are isolated instances but nDrive is looking into it.

Obviously, it may also apply to 2.2.4 for Pre 3.
    I'm convinced HP is holding back nDrive due to someone's push for us to use Bing. There are new Apps showing up in the catalog everyday (thankfully). Even WebOS nation app (newly submitted after nDrive was supposed to have been submitted) has been approved and pushed thru by HP. I'm going on a trip soon and could really use nDrive (all ready paid for too).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    FYI: New beta version was released today.
    My wife hat GPS fix errors on her 2.2.4 Pre2, too. A reinstall of the app fixed that issue, it get's fixes now (and pretty fast... GPS got much faster than before in 2.2.4)... but now it can't download the german map... I will have a look at that later.

I hope they'll get their update out, soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallenx View Post
    I'm convinced HP is holding back nDrive due to someone's push for us to use Bing. There are new Apps showing up in the catalog everyday (thankfully). Even WebOS nation app (newly submitted after nDrive was supposed to have been submitted) has been approved and pushed thru by HP. I'm going on a trip soon and could really use nDrive (all ready paid for too).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Where did you hear that Ndrive for Pre3 has been submitted? I'm pretty sure you are making assumptions. If it has been submitted, I would know as I've bugged their beta support contacts, sent tweets mentioning them, all the time. They must be sick of me. They once said this would be submitted by the end of October. It feels like they've scrapped it, but the report that a new beta is available today is certainly good news.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    NDrive.com

???

tho i did get this mail today.

Hi All,

Today be submitted on the Forum the New NDrive V11.4 beta version for
    webOS.

so er who knows, webpage says its out, email says its still beta.
    I didn't catch any message on the web page of Pre3 compatibility.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I didn't catch any message on the web page of Pre3 compatibility.
    hopefully it should as the beta testers are given links for a pre3 and touchpad version.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Where did you hear that Ndrive for Pre3 has been submitted? I'm pretty sure you are making assumptions. If it has been submitted, I would know as I've bugged their beta support contacts, sent tweets mentioning them, all the time. They must be sick of me. They once said this would be submitted by the end of October. It feels like they've scrapped it, but the report that a new beta is available today is certainly good news.
    It's in this thread. Not sure what page, and I'm too tired to look it up, but someone from Ndrive said it had been submitted. Not sure what the hold up is. Perhaps HP sent it back. My guess, and I've said this before, I don't think HP is putting a lot of resources into new app approval. And I think we should start an email campaign to HP.

I'm swamped with work right now, but if anyone can figure out who at HP is the best person to politely and respectfully respond, that would be great.
    Any word if the show stopping bug in Ndrive has been fixed with latest beta? As someone who lives inside the M25 it is totally useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Any word if the show stopping bug in Ndrive has been fixed with latest beta? As someone who lives inside the M25 it is totally useless to me.
    That is not a bug with Ndrive, it is a bug in WebOS 2.x and is well documented. HP just refuses to fix it. A contact of mine in Orange said that non-fixing of it on the Pre3 before release (in addition to other shortcomings) was one of the reasons why they refused to carry it at the end, despite their earlier agreements with HP.

Ndrive can, technically do a workaround as Navit developers did for the Pre2, but ultimately it is HP's responsibility to fix a major bug in their OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    That is not a bug with Ndrive, it is a bug in WebOS 2.x and is well documented. HP just refuses to fix it. A contact of mine in Orange said that non-fixing of it on the Pre3 before release (in addition to other shortcomings) was one of the reasons why they refused to carry it at the end, despite their earlier agreements with HP.

Ndrive can, technically do a workaround as Navit developers did for the Pre2, but ultimately it is HP's responsibility to fix a major bug in their OS.
    Yes and no. Ndrive *can* fix it but refuse to out of a silly dev principle. Presumably they wish to make money? They need to fix it.
    NDrive Hi Sebastian, our tech department is conducting some final tests on the Pre3 version. Keep an eye on us as we will announce its arrival here as soon as possible. Thanks for supporting NDrive!
    source: NDrive | Facebook
    Better be cheap ya thieving gits! I'm not paying a penny over 20 for it!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    well I would pay twice that. A little thankfulness for a company supporting a dead os don't you think
    ka1 likes this.
    I really hope they release this for the Pre 3 cause I travel a lot and need nav and would hate to have to switch phones when I'm on a trip just for gps lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    well I would pay twice that. A little thankfulness for a company supporting a dead os don't you think
    UK+Ireland map is less than 20 euro.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Does anyone know whether there are Australian maps? I just looked at there site and see that other platforms support Aust but I can't see the download link for AU maps. :|
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast