Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippert57 View Post
    This makes me think that HP is reviewing the app- maybe it's been kicked back to NDrive for some fine-tuning. Either way, I will be ready to try it along with a few other apps( timepiece, kalemsoft,whitepages) on my presently idle Pre3 whenever available.
    T
    Lots of app devs, *TRY* to get apps submitted to for approval by a set time, and A LOT of them end up missing their goal date because they found a new bug, or they want to add features.

This is what makes me think they may have a delay in overall development somewhere.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3249602

Originally Posted by Benigno

We are actually working on the release of an NDrive 11.4.XX version to all platforms. They will be available soon on our forum in order that our beta users can test it.

Thank You
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Lots of app devs, *TRY* to get apps submitted to for approval by a set time, and A LOT of them end up missing their goal date because they found a new bug, or they want to add features.

This is what makes me think they may have a delay in overall development somewhere.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3249602
    Wow, and I thought no one was paying attn
    Quote Originally Posted by judabricot View Post
    i don't think that people can use ndrive beta version.
    activation of maps work by sending a unique large code diferent for each phone.
    i'm beta tester since begining and try it with 2 different TP.
    for each TP i try ndrive, i must ask to activate with two different serial number.
    so we can let people trying to pirate ndrive.
    buenas noches y buena suerta!!!

don't known if hp or ndrive are guilty, but ndrive for pre3 and touchpad are still in "construction".

IMO, prefer wait for a bug free app than.

laurent
    Not true by the way.
    If you install the beta version with no maps entitlement, you will be able to buy maps in the store. You will, however, not be upgraded to the official release once it's out.
    You will need to purchase nDrive once again (with other maps of course, so you won't buy duplicates).
    Refer to the nDrive quote regarding this, earlier in this thread.
    it's true guyfromnam, it's possible to buy maps.
    piracy stop here because must pay to download maps.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Eagerly awaiting, still needing to double-fist with my HTC (with Pre 3 hotspot) for Nav.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    <thread cleansed....again>
    I contacted HP support via Chat on my Pre3 and explained that I and others were waiting for this app. I asked if they could contact that department and email me whether the app was being reviewed or had gone back to the developer for improvement.

Basically they would ask up their chain of command about this. Also, if they have enough interest about this app it may help its progression. When the app is ready they said they would notify me via email.

Contact HP everyone.
    I've resorted to using the free Navit app from Preware - does the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    I've resorted to using the free Navit app from Preware - does the job.
    I find it impossible to select the correct town since there are so many with the same name. But if it works for you somehow then good.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I find it impossible to select the correct town since there are so many with the same name. But if it works for you somehow then good.

I still haven't actually used navit, does it allow you to throw the zip code in there?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I still haven't actually used navit, does it allow you to throw the zip code in there?
    I wish it did. If it at least did that id use it. The most use I've gotten out of it is to bookmark a current location and then navigate back to it.

Is there an actual release date yet? I understand being in BETA and not having the staff for it, but how long is it going to be in BETA, forever?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Someone earlier said mid December so I don't think it's worth kicking up stink again until end of Dec.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I wish it did. If it at least did that id use it. The most use I've gotten out of it is to bookmark a current location and then navigate back to it.

Have you seen the NAVIT just type feature. Just put in the address and NAVIT goes straight to it as a location. then bookmark the destination for future use. Click here Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    or here http://forums.precentral.net/navit/
    Navit does not find addresses if you supply the wrong town... and it sometimes has different ideas of "towns" than administration or post adresses. This was my major issue with navit, which is not really an issue of navit but of the openstreetmap data. The performance of navit just boils down to how good the openstreetmap data is in the area in which you are trying to navigate.
    BUT Navit could certainly make it easier to distinguish between different towns of the same name or allow manual entry of a destination, not to mention make it easier to view your destination to make sure that it is correct.

The new Navit Maps app makes looking up addresses much easier.
    You can put the address into Just Type and it gets the address from online and hands it over to Navit.
    Much easier than lookin It up in Navit it's self.
    It also makes it much easier to download maps although there is an issue with file names with spaces not being recognised by Navit but that it easy to fix with Internals
    With the open sourcing of Webos, will this app now be released from the HP approval process? It seems that any app that a developer wants to make should be available for users. Is that correct, off-base???? Here's hoping that Ndrive can make itself available for Pre3 with this announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippert57 View Post
    With the open sourcing of Webos, will this app now be released from the HP approval process? It seems that any app that a developer wants to make should be available for users. Is that correct, off-base???? Here's hoping that Ndrive can make itself available for Pre3 with this announcement.
    The two things technically have nothing to do with the other. There are developers who sell apps through their site and the webOS app catalog currently. My guess is Ndrive will still be coming through the app catalog since they have never mentioned doing otherwise.
    After using it for a few weeks now I must say, Navit is awful.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast