Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    is it time to begin angry emails to Meg Whitman?
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    More info:

Quote Originally Posted by Benigno

We are actually working on the release of an NDrive 11.4.XX version to all platforms. They will be available soon on our forum in order that our beta users can test it.

Thank You
    Ugh. This is frustrating. When everyone in the beta world reports that it works fine.

Any chance they could use another Pre3 beta tester?

Again I ask - is there any way to take this app from my Pre2 and force it on my Pre3?

Grrrr..
    It would be really nice if they released for Black Friday!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Arrhhhggghhhhtffgggaaaaahhhhh! Release my NDrive!!!!!!!!!

Please. Please just release it, I need Nav in Australia and Gmaps in the browser sucks. Bing sucks even more.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    This probably isn't the area to post, but...

Got my hands on a copy of the beta, it seems to just sit at the splash screen. Maps are in the correct location, as far as I know (\NDrive\Maps\) and I have a solid GPS fix.

Any help from other beta testers?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So frustrating. Ndrive needs to just release it and we will quickly be able to tell them what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii View Post

Got my hands on a copy of the beta, it seems to just sit at the splash screen. Maps are in the correct location, as far as I know (\NDrive\Maps\) and I have a solid GPS fix.

It worked on my Pre 3 with the Beta. During the first start-up it took very long, but was very fast after that. Maybe you just have to wait. Or maybe you have an older version with a failure.

I guess it will come out around the middle of December. The guys from nDrive didn't promise that it will get out in November, they said that they HOPE it will be out by the end of November. It might not be entirely ready and than still has to pass the App-submission process.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 11/30/2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Removed request that is against forum guidelines.

That used to happen all the time with the earlier beta (11.2 I think) but the latest version starts ok. There was also an issue that the beta catalogue version did not update correctly to the newer version so you had to uninstall the defective one and install the IPK directly for the newer one. This is all documented on the NDrive beta forum, I suggest you hop over there and get the full story.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    So frustrating. Ndrive needs to just release it and we will quickly be able to tell them what's wrong with it.

It's not NDrive's fault, it's HP. All they have to do is approve it and put it in the catalogue.

Seriously guys, who do we email to get HP to get off it's **** and release the darn thing.

I've very serious, I want to start an email campaign. Can someone find the right person to email?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    It's not NDrive's fault, it's HP. All they have to do is approve it and put it in the catalogue.

Seriously guys, who do we email to get HP to get off it's **** and release the darn thing.

I've very serious, I want to start an email campaign. Can someone find the right person to email?
    Did I miss where someone said it had been submitted for approval?

I know a lot of dev relations was on vacation last week... but never saw anything confirming submission to HP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    So basically we're starting to discuss illegally distributed beta versions here?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    So basically we're starting to discuss illegally distributed beta versions here?
    Yes. I inquired about an older version, I must be a software pirate, burn me at the stake.

Are you serious?
    <thread cleansed>
    OldSkoolVWLover and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Did I miss where someone said it had been submitted for approval?

I know a lot of dev relations was on vacation last week... but never saw anything confirming submission to HP
    Yes, you did miss it. It's been submitted for approval and HP has not responded. I'm sure that NDrive is continuing to work on the beta, but I want HP to release it. And I seriously want to get a campaign started before the end of the week, because by the end of next week WebOS may be dead.
    Ziplock likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Yes, you did miss it. It's been submitted for approval and HP has not responded. I'm sure that NDrive is continuing to work on the beta, but I want HP to release it. And I seriously want to get a campaign started before the end of the week, because by the end of next week WebOS may be dead.
    Not that I don't believe you, but source? Or is this from the beta forums? I honestly haven't visited the forums since I was using my Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes. I inquired about an older version, I must be a software pirate, burn me at the stake.

Are you serious?
    Just give me a match. There's enough methane in you to last us till Christmas.
    I'm GuyFromNam, not GuyPerChance.

I just have a general dislike for whiners who sulk over an app not being available to them for the simple reason that it's still in beta.
    i don't think that people can use ndrive beta version.
    activation of maps work by sending a unique large code diferent for each phone.
    i'm beta tester since begining and try it with 2 different TP.
    for each TP i try ndrive, i must ask to activate with two different serial number.
    so we can let people trying to pirate ndrive.
    buenas noches y buena suerta!!!

don't known if hp or ndrive are guilty, but ndrive for pre3 and touchpad are still in "construction".

IMO, prefer wait for a bug free app than.

laurent
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Here's an email I just received from them on Pre3 Ndrive release:

"We hope to release it before the end of the month, but it also depends on the approving of the review time, that can take indefinite amounts of time (we've experienced completely different approval times so far), and as this is the first app we are going to update since the HP announcement, we still don't know if there were any cuts on the review team that may extend the approval times...

but we are still hoping to release it before the end of the month "
    This makes me think that HP is reviewing the app- maybe it's been kicked back to NDrive for some fine-tuning. Either way, I will be ready to try it along with a few other apps( timepiece, kalemsoft,whitepages) on my presently idle Pre3 whenever available.
    T
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast