Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    using bing the phone got so sluggish that I couldn't answer the phone when it rang
    Ugly... The fact that Bing Maps downloads content from the internet makes its life more complicated than with on-board maps. But I agree that's not bearable at all.

Does the NDrive for Pre3 finally have traffic support?
    Still hoping. I guess the team can't do much, aside from preparing NDrive for data that might be available one day.

What about two finger map rotate?
    I think map browsing is good enough, but looks like a nice feature. Wouldn't that gesture be confused with pinch to zoom?
    Pinch zoom is already a feature on NDrive for webOS, but two finger map rotate and traffic support it already on NDrive for iOS and Android. Just look at the user guide on NDrive's website and you will see.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi all.

Is there any way I get get my LEGALLY PURCHASED copy of NDrive on to my Pre3 without waiting for the company? Perhaps via Quick Install or something? I don't care if it is buggy or doesn't work exactly how they intend. I just need my turn-by-turn directions back.

Any thoughts? While I appreciate the fact that they're even attempting to get it to work properly for an abandoned device, I need some kind of solution quicker than "End of the month" which has come and gone.

Thanks,

Ryan
    It works great imo.

I just posted a question in the beta forum, asking when they plan to release it.
    I really hope they have it before my christmas roadtrip... I miss it from my pre2.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It works great imo.

I just posted a question in the beta forum, asking when they plan to release it.
    No answer.
    They were so promising november. I guess there are still a bit over a week left on the clock.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    I downloaded Ndrive 11 Beta from someone else for my HP Pre 3, just to look if it works and how it works. Ndrive works great, GPS works and it`s very smooth, no lags like bing, very fast, but i do not have maps for it!! I could purchase maps, but does anyone know if those purchased maps will work with the beta version of ndrive?! Or does only the "beta maps", officially given just from the beta forum, work with ndrive 11 beta?!?!?

I really, really want that thing! Best app ever written for WebOS!! I`m getting jealous when i see my brother driving to places with his navigation system installed on his iphone!

Common over with the app, Ndrive! Navit is crap...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I bought it on my pre2 now waiting for the pre3 version to arrive .... Had to make new profile on my pre3 and re bought lots of apps cause of this LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionjackstar View Post
    I downloaded Ndrive 11 Beta from someone else for my HP Pre 3, just to look if it works and how it works. Ndrive works great, GPS works and it`s very smooth, no lags like bing, very fast, but i do not have maps for it!! I could purchase maps, but does anyone know if those purchased maps will work with the beta version of ndrive?! Or does only the "beta maps", officially given just from the beta forum, work with ndrive 11 beta?!?!?

I really, really want that thing! Best app ever written for WebOS!! I`m getting jealous when i see my brother driving to places with his navigation system installed on his iphone!

Common over with the app, Ndrive! Navit is crap...
    This should answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by msalvaterra
    Quote Originally Posted by pre.sent
    I see the Pre 3 version is not in the UK AppCat, so I guess it's not released yet.
    However, I noticed the test version does allow you to purchase maps.

Is there any difference between those maps, and the maps downloaded via the paid version when released?
    Or are all maps the same and just scaled to the proper device resolution.
    the maps are the same, in the beta and in the final release. The only difference is that when you buy a final release you buy a set app + maps. even when you buy the maps inside the beta, if you want to by the final release when it's available, you'll still need to buy the set app + maps.

so if you do buy the maps inside the beta app, when (and if) you buy the final app, you should buy an app with a different set of maps or you'll buy the same maps twice.
    I don't understand why they don't allow the current version to be installed on OS2.2+ devices and just run in compatibility mode?
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    I don't understand why they don't allow the current version to be installed on OS2.2+ devices and just run in compatibility mode?
    I would guess complaints from new customers about paying so much for an app that isn't fully optimized for the device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Every time I get a notification about a new post on this thread I am hoping to see "now available for download!" but alas, it is not to be yet.

I suppose the NDrive devs may be having issues with it cause some apps do run like crap on the Pre3 where they ran quite nicely on the Pre2

I sent an e-mail to the beta team some days ago, when they requested again my data, to fix my outdated maps and keep on enjoying the beta. Still no answer. This is the first time it happens to me, until now Mariana has responded immediately. The last e-mail from that account wasn't from her, though, but from another employee named Gustavo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would guess complaints from new customers about paying so much for an app that isn't fully optimized for the device.
    But the fact is that NDrive works great in my Pre 3. It even worked heroically on my metadoctored 2.1 original Pre. It's a milestone in webOS apps, not to be missed.
    >new posts in this thread
    >none of them are "now available at the catalog"
    >be very disappointed.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    I too am still looking forward to a launch on the Pre 3, it works great on my Pre 2. NDrive is one of about three apps lacking on the 3 that keep me using the older (but still very good) phone.
    Hey, a third NDrive beta guy, named Diogo, has replied my e-mail, and has extended my maps' usage further, once again. About the app availability, here's a shocking answer:

"Regarding the app catalog, Ndrive can't give you any feedback or release dates because the issue isn't on our side, it's a directly HP decision..."
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I contacted NDrive yesterday, asking if they could release the current version for newer devices and let it run in compatibility mode. They said it wouldn't work, but that NDrive webOS is in final testing and close to release, but no date.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    "...Ndrive can't give you any feedback or release dates because the issue isn't on our side, it's a directly HP decision..."
    What! Ugh. This, combined with the compatibility mode issue suggests they may be using an unpublished API, with HP's consent. Not unheard of, but usually only developers building an official/bundled app will be allowed to push applications that access reserved API's. So presumably the API doesn't exist on newer devices or HP doesn't want them using a deprecated API for newer software.
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    I had noticed in a thread earlier that a reply from NDrive said the app had been submitted and was waiting approval from HP. It may be HP that needs pushing rather than NDrive.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast