Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Anyone know if they are still sending maps out to beta testers?

I just gave away my Pre2's and didn't think that Ndrive would not work on the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    Anyone know if they are still sending maps out to beta testers?

I just gave away my Pre2's and didn't think that Ndrive would not work on the Pre3.
    Go back 7 posts and read

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I actually don't think it's arrogance. I honestly think that they don't have the staff. And the staff they do have is in complete flux and they have no idea if they'll have a job in a month, so why care.
    They don't have the staff now. However the GPS bug in webOS2 has been around since webOS2 has been around and has been noticed as at least as long back as Ndrive was released in the UK.

Even though they are aware that the bug affects about 1/4 of the UK population and more in Europe, rendering the app unusable, they "promote" the app in the app cat without so much as a warning to those likely to be affected. That surely is plain arrogance and indifference if not trying to behave like shoddy 2nd hand car dealers.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Go back 7 posts and read

What makes you think I didn't read that post?

I didn't ask, are they accepting beta testers. I asked are they sending out maps, I'm already a beta tester.
    What makes you think I didn't read that post?

I didn't ask, are they accepting beta testers. I asked are they sending out maps, I'm already a beta tester.
    Oh I get it.

Here's an email I just received from them on Pre3 Ndrive release:

"We hope to release it before the end of the month, but it also depends on the approving of the review time, that can take indefinite amounts of time (we've experienced completely different approval times so far), and as this is the first app we are going to update since the HP announcement, we still don't know if there were any cuts on the review team that may extend the approval times...

but we are still hoping to release it before the end of the month "
    just got the email for beta maps.

downloading over at&t H+
    trippert57 likes this.
    Looks like a very cool program and can't wait to see it.....Anyone know how much it will cost or what it used to cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    Looks like a very cool program and can't wait to see it.....Anyone know how much it will cost or what it used to cost?
    $50 USD

It is $24.99 in the us app catalog at the moment, but it doesn't list pre3.

I have no idea how long it will stay on sale.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...drive.webosusa
    I am sure it will go back up in price once it is updated. I am tempted to throw my SIM in a Veer and move my Profile over to purchase the app. However I wonder if it would mess up my profile to go backwards from a 2.2.3 to a 2.1.2. I assume the new version would be an upgrade for everyone as it would be silly to just release it for the Pre3 because of the small user base.
    I just considered, why would the developer make an app for a phone that was either firesaled or unreleased?

I suppose they know that anyone crazy enough to pay the $200-700 price for the US versions would definitely spend another $25-50 on their app lol.

just got the email for beta maps.

downloading over at&t H+
    Can you give feedback on how the beta maps are working? Please let us know if they go on sale for regular folks, I'm ready to try them!
    Anyone have an update of the NDrive Pre3 release date?
    I see pandas.
    I check the HP App catalog twice a day!

I have a bad feeling that NDrive is causing the phone to be very sluggish during beta testing and is holding back the release date.

why do you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by n0pa View Post
    why do you say that?
    Because Bing Maps already makes the phone hot and slow while the phone is charging even if its the only app running. And since the Pre2 had more available RAM and a lower resolution screen, I'm certain it runs better on that than it will on the Pre3.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I have a bad feeling that NDrive is causing the phone to be very sluggish during beta testing and is holding back the release date.
    I've been betatesting NDrive on both my original Pre and my Pre 3 for months, and while it's a demanding app, that pushed the Pre to its limits (actually, it's plain amazing that it works), it has always behaved very well on my Pre 3. I've had it run with other apps open at the same time with no poblems. Also, their support people are fantastic. I don't see the relation you mention with Bing maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've been betatesting NDrive on both my original Pre and my Pre 3 for months, and while it's a demanding app, that pushed the Pre to its limits (actually, it's plain amazing that it works), it has always behaved very well on my Pre 3. I've had it run with other apps open at the same time with no poblems. Also, their support people are fantastic. I don't see the relation you mention with Bing maps.
    Well last trip i made using bing the phone got so sluggish that I couldn't answer the phone when it rang it got so slow.

Does the NDrive for Pre3 finally have traffic support? What about two finger map rotate?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast