Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 296
Like Tree10Likes
  1. alonhzn's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #21  
    Ndrive works great on the Pre3
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post3141290
    It's just a matter of time before you can purchase it.
  2. #22  
    Just for the record the beta NDrive on the Pre3 does not work between 0 and 1 degrees of longitude. It shouldn't be a problem for all you US folk but UK, France, Spain and Western African users need to think twice.

    This is down to a problem in WebOS 2 with PDK apps. The only other one affected that I am aware of is Navit and they have produced a work around but NDrive seem to be reluctant to do the same so it is currently looking like it will never be fixed.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    the beta NDrive on the Pre3 does not work between 0 and 1 degrees of longitude; UK, France, Spain...
    It does work great for me in Spain, at least in Madrid... It's true it got wrong locations before, but disabling Google location service, and leaving true GPS alone, fixed it.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    Ndrive works great on the Pre3
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post3141290
    It's just a matter of time before you can purchase it.
    Do you know if we will be charged again if we already bought it?

    Also, has anyone had GPS lock issues in NDrive? I've had problems having NDrive track properly on my Pre2 but Google Maps would lock and track flawlessly.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    It does work great for me in Spain, at least in Madrid... It's true it got wrong locations before, but disabling Google location service, and leaving true GPS alone, fixed it.
    Madrid is -3 degrees. Try heading out to Saragossa and I bet it will go wrong.

    Works for me in Cambridge, fails in London. The magic cut off is the Greenwich merdian. I am led to believe it is also fine West of -1 degrees (sorry, got the - and + the wrong way round in my first comment) but I haven't tried that myself but I have watched it as I travel across 0 degrees and seen it going wrong.

    Google location service makes no difference for me, works with it on or off at home, fails with it on or off at work.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Do you know if we will be charged again if we already bought it?

    Also, has anyone had GPS lock issues in NDrive? I've had problems having NDrive track properly on my Pre2 but Google Maps would lock and track flawlessly.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I am quite sure that you won't get charged again if you are using the same HP/Palm profile.

    My wife has GPS lock issues on her Pre2, too. That usually goes away, if you restart NDrive. She sometimes had bad GPS losses, too, for no reason and they went away if something else with GPS (e.g. google maps or simple gps) was running in the background. But that did not happen the last months, I don't know why.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I am quite sure that you won't get charged again if you are using the same HP/Palm profile.

    My wife has GPS lock issues on her Pre2, too. That usually goes away, if you restart NDrive. She sometimes had bad GPS losses, too, for no reason and they went away if something else with GPS (e.g. google maps or simple gps) was running in the background. But that did not happen the last months, I don't know why.
    Yeah its strange. NDrive used to work a lot better but the last couple months it has a hard time. Google maps and other location based apps work fine, like trapster. Why does NDrive have these issues?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  8. #28  
    So - the only thing keeping me from moving my Palm (Cough..HP) Profile to my new Pre3 is worrying about what happens to my license of NDrive.

    NDrive confirmed that they're beta testing on Pre3's now, and it should be in the catalog soon. So - what happens if I transfer over my profile before NDrive is listed as "pre 3 compatible"? Will it eventually let me re-download it for free once it's released? Does the Palm Profile somehow remember all my purchases regardless of the device compatibility, and when it finally pops up as compatible, will let me download the new version at no charge?

    Ugh. I can't believe THIS is the thing keeping me from using this thing. It's just sitting here tempting me every day.

    Any thoughts?
  9. jazzdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #29  
    I have Ndrive on my Veer, I just created a new profile for my Pre3 and bought the other programs that I couldn't live without again. For the most part they are all very inexpensive, and paying twice doesn't bother me as I wish I could do more to support WebOS developers. I can take the SIM out of the Veer and use the Pre3 as my phone, but use Ndrive on the Veer as my GPS. When Ndrive comes out for the Pre3 I have to decide re buy another full copy, or switch profiles with the Veer and the Pre3 so I have the GPS on the larger screen...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I have Ndrive on my Veer, I just created a new profile for my Pre3 and bought the other programs that I couldn't live without again. For the most part they are all very inexpensive, and paying twice doesn't bother me as I wish I could do more to support WebOS developers. I can take the SIM out of the Veer and use the Pre3 as my phone, but use Ndrive on the Veer as my GPS. When Ndrive comes out for the Pre3 I have to decide re buy another full copy, or switch profiles with the Veer and the Pre3 so I have the GPS on the larger screen...
    I'm sorry whyyy did you create a whole new profile for your pre3?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  11. jazzdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #31  
    When you switch your profile from one phone to another you delete everything from the first phone. I want to take my SIM chip out of the Veer and use the Pre3, then go back to the Veer depending on what I'm doing that day. It is more convenient for me to have the two phones fully set up each with its own profile.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    So - the only thing keeping me from moving my Palm (Cough..HP) Profile to my new Pre3 is worrying about what happens to my license of NDrive.

    NDrive confirmed that they're beta testing on Pre3's now, and it should be in the catalog soon. So - what happens if I transfer over my profile before NDrive is listed as "pre 3 compatible"? Will it eventually let me re-download it for free once it's released? Does the Palm Profile somehow remember all my purchases regardless of the device compatibility, and when it finally pops up as compatible, will let me download the new version at no charge?

    Ugh. I can't believe THIS is the thing keeping me from using this thing. It's just sitting here tempting me every day.

    Any thoughts?
    Your Profile knows everything you bought. If you restore the profile on a new phone, everything you had installed on the old phone and that is available for the new phone will be installed.
    Everything that you have ever bought and is available for your new phone but not installed can be downloaded from the app cat for free. You will see the price tag in the lists, but as soon as you select the app it will say "Download for free" if you bought it before (needs to be the very same app, there are apps that have different Pre and Pixi/Veer or HD versions).

    The only problem with that whole thing is, that there is no list of what you bought anywhere and you have to remember for yourself. And you won't be notified of anything "new" in the app catalog, even if you did buy it before. So you have to keep a look at Ndrive arriving in the catalog for yourself (or probably this thread will tell you ).

    The only thing that people might be afraid of is a "HD" version for the Pre3. But what I did get from the NDrive support is that it's not the case and old customers will get the app for free on the Pre3. I also transferred it from Pre- to Veer without issues, so I'm quite confident.
  13. #33  
    The last post is slightly off topic, so any news about the Ndrive for Pre3?
  14. #34  
    just received reply...


    unfortunatelly we are no longer accepting new beta testers for NDrive for webos, all the places have been filled. We are beta testing NDrive for the Pre3 as we speak, and hope to release it soon.

    If you have an android phone or an iphone, however, we will be glad to have you as a beta tester!

    Best regards,
    *Mariana Salvaterra *| *Beta Testers Forum Admin*
    *www.ndrive.com*
  15. #35  
    I am mixed on this. I do not want to pay for NDrive again, but if an HD version offers substatial upgrades then that's ok. I hope at least that whatever they come up with ends up using the compass that would otherwise be useless to have in the Pre3 since no app I've seen takes advantage of it.

    And I hope that this NDrive also supports multitouch rotate like NDrive does on other platforms.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Madrid is -3 degrees. Try heading out to Saragossa and I bet it will go wrong.

    Works for me in Cambridge, fails in London. The magic cut off is the Greenwich merdian. I am led to believe it is also fine West of -1 degrees (sorry, got the - and + the wrong way round in my first comment) but I haven't tried that myself but I have watched it as I travel across 0 degrees and seen it going wrong.

    Google location service makes no difference for me, works with it on or off at home, fails with it on or off at work.
    It works in West of -1. I tried it on the Pre2. However as you drive on M4, somewhere near junction 9 it suddenly places you at the other side of London, as you get into +/- 1 degree area.

    I am rather disappointed that neither Palm nor Ndrive are addressing the bug. For all that matters, I think Palm's way of dealing with serious bugs and their absolute arrogance in not even properly acknowledging the bugs (I have a record of conversation with the customer support about the GPS bug) is one reason they never got off the ground with webos. We all blame HP and and Appo, but really, the problem was within Palm GBU itself, and not just the hardware side of things.
  17. #37  
    I actually don't think it's arrogance. I honestly think that they don't have the staff. And the staff they do have is in complete flux and they have no idea if they'll have a job in a month, so why care.
  18. #38  
    If it's any dearer than 25 you can count me out. I hope it does eventually make its way to the Pre3 though, the reason I didn't bother with it on my Pre Plus was screen size and battery life. Both of those have been addressed with the Pre3.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    If it's any dearer than 25 you can count me out.
    I understand you, but it's very nice software to have, even if it's expensive. Please realize that the maps that Navtek sells them are expensive. And competig against freebies like Navit is unfair!

    About fearing of losing NDrive when changing profile or phone... I'm sure their support team is able to fix whatever problem you might have, they are amazing. Have also in mind that, probably, NDrive for webOS merely exists because the Android and iOS editions pay for it. I consider it labour of love, mostly.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    If it's any dearer than 25 you can count me out. I hope it does eventually make its way to the Pre3 though, the reason I didn't bother with it on my Pre Plus was screen size and battery life. Both of those have been addressed with the Pre3.
    Pre3 battery life isn't all that great although turning bluetooth off seems to help alot. Battery life isn't a concern with NDrive because its on a car mounted touchstone when I (will) use it.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...-new-post.html

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions