Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
Like Tree10Likes
    I did not have that issue lately and also have the homebrew Google Maps app installed.

But the same thing that you describe happened to me regularly on a Pre2... NDrive somehow is a bit picky about GPS, sometimes... Maybe that's because it is a PDK app... wasn't there a GPS Bug with PDK apps? Not sure.

I suggest to get something like GPS Dashboard or so, that is a bit more lightweight than the HP Maps app and that does not require a data connection...
    Same prob with me (prprpr$3$+$ndrive$) : $GPS$ $lost$ $his$ $signal$ !

Is there a patch for that ?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    does the GPS Fix app work to fix this?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I ve heard that Ndrive is stopping support for WebOS ...

Is it real ?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yes if you reread some of the comments or even search, you will find they stopped already and offer nothing more for the webOS users.

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ing-webos.html
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/22/2012 at 04:46 PM.
    If you read the complete thread, then it becomes quite clear that active work on ndrive for webOS was on hold for quite a time now and it is not surprising, that they now made it official.
    I have Ndrive on my Pre2 (well, frankenpre) and I want to try it on my Pre 3. Can I just move the RAR file to the Pre3, and where?

(Obviously, I cannot have two Pre phones with the same WebOS account, so the programs I have purchased do not go to the new phone automatically.)
    The map files for ndrive in its various incarnations ( webos , android, etc ) are 99.999999999% the same, and are linked to the specific phone (guess using the imei and some serial number generator) just before you download them.

So, maps will be updated... the issue is that if they turn off the update and registration function for webos clients....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have Ndrive on my Pre2 (well, frankenpre) and I want to try it on my Pre 3. Can I just move the RAR file to the Pre3, and where?
    From what I understand, your install of NDrive is attached very specifically to the identifier on your phone, so probably not. Read earlier posts in this thread.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    If you don't already have it, install Uber App Cat and use it to search for NDrive. Install "Beta 6" while it's still available. Hopefully you can still purchase the maps from within the app (if you can, just make sure you're on WiFi and have plenty of free time!).
    I think that's your only option (though I'm sure others here will correct me if I'm wrong).
    What do you mean by Uber App Cat? Where can I find this?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I installed Ndrive beta on my Pre3 and purchased USA maps. Used it during long trip across country and it worked like a charm. On occasion it would lose gps, but this was normally caused by terrain or trees blocking signal. This program is one of the best on my Verizon phone.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

You can get UberAppCat from the standard app catalog. It's free.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chupaculi View Post
    the in-app store is currently broken. no way to buy apps.
    Seems to work fine for me. Are you getting an error message?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

In Preware enable the Beta Feed... That's where I find the Ndrive beta 6 app...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I can't imagine that it is broken... it is not really "in app" though, but it just opens a web page in the webos browser, where you do the purchase... worked for me a month ago.

I trued today and it still opens up the webpage just fine. Can you explain your issue?

I have 11.3.03 (33197) on my Pre3, installed as "NDrive Beta 6" from uber app cat.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415