Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    vasekvi, what version are you running? I'm on 11.3.03. No way to re dl individual regions it appears. Maybe I can redownload the entire US and that might fix it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if I will lose my maps if I doctor?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    similar question , if I have to go to my back up pre 3 will I have to re purchase maps. This is the best phone on the planet and the best GPS I have ever used, Leo must have infected ndrive I cannot even fathom why its not in the ap cat. Its insane it works fine for me.
    Last edited by modelnet; 04/18/2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Been reading the thread and haven't seen anyone else with this issue. I purchased NDrive on my old Veer which I upgraded to the Pre3 (both on AT&T in the US). I wasn't able to download NDrive to the Pre3 due to "device compatibility" issues. I sucked it up and decided to wait it out.

WELL, with the recent development of App Tuckerbox, I was able to download and install NDrive on my device. The problem is, when I launch the app, it sits on the NDrive Logo/Loading screen forever. I've left it sitting for as long as 20 minutes hoping it would sort itself out, but haven't gotten anywhere.

I don't even know where to begin looking for a fix to this issue. Has anyone else who previously purchased the app tried this? It would save me $10 a month to have this working (I subscribe to ATT Navigator).

Thanks in advance!
    I think they made the whole beta for Pre3 due to the fact that "older" ndrive versions were not compatible with the Pre3.

I think that your best bet would be :

1) use uberappcat to install the beta

Or

1.1) contact ndrive to obtain the ipk for the updated beta ( there's surely at least 1 version made after the uberappcat one)

and

2) contact ndrive guys to transfer your purchased maps to the pre3 under the beta.

I think they would do it
    BlueRQ likes this.
    How can I prove to NDrive that I purchased the map to begin with? I doubt I still have the original HP receipt email.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You will be asked to give the identification numbers from the ndrive version(s) found under version id in ndrive. After a few days they will transfer your maps. Just contact ndrive support

Sent from a Hpre², HPre³,HPTP 16/32 using Communities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    You will be asked to give the identification numbers from the ndrive version(s) found under version id in ndrive. After a few days they will transfer your maps. Just contact ndrive support

I don't know if you read all of my original post, but NDrive doesn't load on my Pre3. The loading screen pops up and sits. How can I access the id# if I can't load the app? I don't mean to sound rude. If there's a way, I genuinely want to know...
    Start by getting the latest beta from the developer. You have to have a compatible, running copy to be able to move forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Start by getting the latest beta from the developer. You have to have a compatible, running copy to be able to move forward.
    I'll have a compatible, running copy, but it won't be the copy which registers with my original purchase...so, again, I don't see how I can access that data.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPuglisi9451 View Post
    I'll have a compatible, running copy, but it won't be the copy which registers with my original purchase...so, again, I don't see how I can access that data.
    1) download app UberAppCat from App Catalog.

2) Search Ndrive

3) Install Beta 6 for free

4) Open it and go to My Ndrive and Store.

5) Go to your maps and it will install the maps you purchased with Ndrive 5.
    BlueRQ likes this.
    I had NDrive on my Pre2 and my maps didn't transfer I had to repurchase. But instead of the $50 I paid it was like $38 so I bought a year of traffic alerts too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    thanks mazzinia and rmausser

i've installed Ndrive Beta with UberAppCat and purchased the maps! it was working in minutes, still some thing are missing, unfortunetly they stopped development. But as far as i see, navigation works fine... i'll test it tomorrow.... thank again!!!

RQ
    Last edited by bluerq; 05/11/2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo
    webOS [[[ ]
    I'm very glad to see the Ndrive Beta 6 I want to put this on my wife's phone which is a Pre 2 and she does not have a data plan. Will it work with her setup?

Thanks,

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
    I'm very glad to see the Ndrive Beta 6 I want to put this on my wife's phone which is a Pre 2 and she does not have a data plan. Will it work with her setup?

Thanks,

Alan
    I don't see why it wouldn't as long as the maps and app are downloaded over wifi.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get an update or download from ndrive to its most current version? (11.3.03(33187) ) Ht . Is the version on my pre3 at the moment. Just wasn't sure if it will update automatically or if I have to download it from somewhere or even if I already have the current beta version. I originally got it from uberappcat. I've read somewhere their was another version.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No they have not stopped development, I have spoken with them recently when I was trying to get my maps back. They are indeed still messing around with its future releases. Now I just need to get the latest version. The ndrive on my pre 2 used to check for update to get newest version but I haven't been able to get this on my pre3 now. I would like to get the 11.4 version, just haven't figured out how to yet.

Traffic aside, is there any bugfix that would make sense for who purchased maps with the beta in the beta catalog, to contact the company to get the ipk ?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    This may be a dumb question (my specialty! ), but does anyone know if NPlus works with NDrive beta 6 on the Pre 3? I can't get the NPlus software to recognize my phone (tried both USB and just charge -- with and without NDrive running). Just curious.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I've had a weird phenomenon lately with NDrive and my Pre3. It won't get a GPS lock. The way that I've solved this problem, is I have to load the HP "Maps" app first, let it get a GPS lock, then open Ndrive (with the Maps app still open) and Ndrive will then lock to GPS.

I didn't originally have this problem with Ndrive, and I haven't made any changes to my OS. (i.e. patches or such). The only thing that's different that I can think of, is that I recently have been using the new Google Maps app that was released by a 3rd party.

I suppose maybe that new Google Maps app is doing something to render my GPS useless in Ndrive?

Anybody else have this issue?

Ryan