Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Have they pulled the Beta? I can't find it in Tuckerbox.
    You can locate it through UberAppCat. Search for "ndrive", and look for "Beta 6". I just checked, it's there. As noted earlier, you can purchase maps inside the app (just make sure you're on WiFi and have plenty of time!).
    The beta never was accessible through Tuckerbox. I don't know how UberAppCat gets it, but it seems to do something different than Tuckerbox.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Where can I download ndrive beta?
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    You've to install UberAppCat , and use it to find and install NDrive
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    You've to install UberAppCat , and use it to find and install NDrive
    Where can I find uberappcat? It's not in preware.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    UberAppCat is a freeware inside the normal HP App catalog
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Found it, thanks.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    One thing that annoys me about NDrive is that when I navigate to an address, it doesn't show the house number to look for when I arrive at my destination, so I always have to look it up again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Regarding a release date estimate:

We are still waiting for a decision to make a new version to webOS in order to be released with a lot of fixes to the reported bugs from you webOS guys. However, we can't give you any time line at this time... We are working on it...
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Hi All,
    I have being acting as beta tester for last 4 months for Pre 3 ndrive version 11.4.01.
    I recently asked question should I go ahead and purchase current maps or wait for next release (as I was thinking of stopping my beta testing involvement) . Feedback received as below

Regarding purchasing new maps I suggest you to stay a little longer as a beta tester since we are planning to update the maps to webOS users to latest 2011.12 (actually you are testing with 2011.09 maps) but at this point I can't give you any time line to be executed...

So whilst not saying a new version will be released the fact they are moving to update maps I would see as a positive.

Kind Regards,
    PD
    renater likes this.
    So, do you think that this would mean that if purchasing a map, it would also be updated ?
    Or that only the maps for the official beta testers would be updated ?
    ( this would be an interesting question for the ones who unfortunately are not in the betatesting program, but that managed to install the beta using uberappcat and subsequently purchased a map using the in app store.
    The second interesting question is if they would allow such people to update - install a more recent beta, since the one in the catalog is 11.3.03 while you are clearly using an updated version )
    Downloaded the pre3 beta app through uberappcat and bought the AUS/NZ maps a week ago. Have been touring around a bit. Works nicely here in New Zealand. But I did notice that the maps are a bit outdated, so it's great to see we still get a bit of love from the developers. Hope there will be also a 1.0 app release soon. Need to put my Treo650 to rest.
    Does the Beta Pre3 version require data to be off like it does on my Veer?
    Having data on is optional, only in case you want to help the gps with the initial fix or such
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I bet that effect on the user wasn't foreseen by the programmers... Or was it? Anyway, those professional voices say a lot about the quality of the project.
    I recently downloaded the American voice, "Danielle"...ummm,..no. I'm sticking with "Mary".
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Running the beta, bought US map...can't enter any city in Colorado (go to address) without a crash...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Running the beta, bought US map...can't enter any city in Colorado (go to address) without a crash...
    Try rebooting? I entered an address in Colorado and it plotted just fine.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Try rebooting? I entered an address in Colorado and it plotted just fine.

I tried that right away. I was in NM and trying to enter and address in Colorado Springs...will try again today from Ohio.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I tried that right away. I was in NM and trying to enter and address in Colorado Springs...will try again today from Ohio.
    I did it from GA and it worked fine.. Idk can you download maps again? I don't want you to lose your purchase

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I did it from GA and it worked fine.. Idk can you download maps again? I don't want you to lose your purchase

Didn't work from Ohio either.
    "Check" map says the map file for CO is okay too...

Bummer.