Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Got to agree with you, works great here in Australia.
    How did you purchase for Australia. Did you just pick one of the other countries and then buy the Aus maps from the in app store? If so, how much do they charge?

Thanks
    Ben
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I already asked that with no answer. I'd love to learn about how an app validates licenses against Navtek, to know for sure if it's something that will always be there.
    Here's one bit of good news (for me, anyway)... I asked them about the maps and just got this answer: "The maps you purchased are permanent and you will not need to revalidate or purchase them again."
    I couldn't wait anymore and bought US maps and one year of traffic. I love the app. No offense to the Navit effort, but its so nice to have NDrive again. So much smoother. GPS seems much more accurate and reliable than the Pre2 version. Having traffic info is great too. I have not tried the automatic feature to help avoid traffic jams though.

The random ads are annoying though. And a couple times it wouldn't go into night mode. I also wish it took (or perhaps it does I can't tell) advantage of the built in compass.

All in all its worth it to me. For anyone planning to keep their phone for a while I recommend it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    How did you purchase for Australia. Did you just pick one of the other countries and then buy the Aus maps from the in app store? If so, how much do they charge?

Thanks
    Ben
    oh I have the beta app, and requested a beta test via their forums, but you buy the maps within the app, bout 49 euro?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Thanks
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    oh I have the beta app, and requested a beta test via their forums, but you buy the maps within the app, bout 49 euro?
    To clarify what dbmgreen said in case you didn't know, you can get Beta 6 from UberAppCat which is available for download in the App Catalog. Then you can download the region maps from inside the app. (use WiFi to save your data/time)
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    To clarify what dbmgreen said in case you didn't know, you can get Beta 6 from UberAppCat which is available for download in the App Catalog. Then you can download the region maps from inside the app. (use WiFi to save your data/time)
    Thanks, I had just worked that out. The only thing that concerns me is if I install the beta and buy maps from the app, what would happen when the beta version becomes final. It seems that all the versions in the app cat come with their maps, no app only. I guess I would need to pick a country and buy it, then download the maps I had purchased during the beta. Probably won't be an issue for me as I have a trip to the uk coming up, so will probably purchase that version.

Thanks
    Ben
    Ben,

I don't think that is ever going to be a problem. After having gone back and forth and back and forth with NDrive support, I don't think they have any intention of ever actually releasing this app for the Pre3.

I wouldn't anticipate it ever coming to the HP App catalog.

Ryan
    The beta version + purchased maps, U.K. In my case work fine, been using for a while and more than happy with it. Can't q grasp why its not for sale tbh.

Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    The beta version + purchased maps, U.K. In my case work fine, been using for a while and more than happy with it. Can't q grasp why its not for sale tbh.

I wonder if they are holding back because of all the complaints they would get from people needing to cross the meridian? I'm not sure that should stop them but maybe knowingly selling a product that reports incorrect locations and directions in a whole slice of the globe could get them into hot legal water if that led to a serious incident of some kind.
    they could still sell it, they just have to slap a big old warning label on it.
    Most navigation software/systems I have ever seen come with some form of warning/disclaimer as it is. They could also not sell maps for those areas, if there is no map for a possible glitch to occur on.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA13 View Post
    I've got NDRIVE beta on my PRE3 it's seems to works perfectly with the map I purchase

BUT

I ve got prob with GPS information : The signal seem too weak or too slow_updated to
    inform NDRIVE in real time (one update in 20mn)

I'v waited for 30mn in the outside but it worked not beter ..

have you meet the same Prob ??
    Try making sure Google Services is turned on along with GPS. When I did that, the GPS worked MUCH better. I have no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Try making sure Google Services is turned on along with GPS. When I did that, the GPS worked MUCH better. I have no idea why.
    OK I'll try that

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    In my case, it was completely opposite: I had very erratic positioning unlit I turned off Google location service. I suppose it was because Google location data, which can't be accurate, was used instead of GPS.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I final got ndrive on my pre3 ... now I need to make room for 2g's of maps!?!?! and I only have the 8gb version lol
    just wonder when will this be released and available in app catalog. definitely will buy...
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    just wonder when will this be released and available in app catalog. definitely will buy...
    I'm going to go with.... never. If you want this app on your phone, you'll need to download the beta, and pay for the maps through the app.

I don't anticipate this app ever getting an official release in the HP App Catalog.

Ryan
    Even when I turn on gps-on-google
    it is not working

When I use simultaneous an oher soft using GPS
    It seems to works better ..?

any patch for GPS + prprpré $3$ ?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks, I had just worked that out. The only thing that concerns me is if I install the beta and buy maps from the app, what would happen when the beta version becomes final. It seems that all the versions in the app cat come with their maps, no app only. I guess I would need to pick a country and buy it, then download the maps I had purchased during the beta. Probably won't be an issue for me as I have a trip to the uk coming up, so will probably purchase that version.

Thanks
    Ben
    Just in case anyone had the same question, I was able to install the beta and purchase the Australian maps from within the app. Then after testing it out for a while, I purchased the UK/Ireland version from the app cat (for my upcoming trip). I opened the app but didn't download the maps, then I was able to download the UK/Ireland maps from the beta app and uninstall the non-beta version. So now I'm more comfortable that I'll be able to reinstall if it comes out of beta.
    Ben
    Have they pulled the Beta? I can't find it in Tuckerbox.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here