Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I JUST downloaded it...the same version: 11.3.03 (33187).
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I downloaded the Beta and bought the N. America maps.

When I calculate a route I then zoom out to see the path. NDrive zooms back in on its own.

How do I keep it zoomed out?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    One thing I have noticed is that the nDrive, on the Pre 3, loses its location and route, near Greenwich longitude, basically anything north and south of London, UK. I think it is more of a fault within the Pre3 but nDrive have not yet implemented a "workaround" solution, like Navit have done, as I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that the nDrive, on the Pre 3, loses its location and route, near Greenwich longitude, basically anything north and south of London, UK. I think it is more of a fault within the Pre3 but nDrive have not yet implemented a "workaround" solution, like Navit have done, as I understand.
    Yep, it's a known problem which has been commented on many times here and in the nDrive forums. nDrive have no intention of producing a work around and the chances of HP making a fix for WebOS 2 at this stage are as close to zero as makes no difference.

Maybe, just maybe, when Open WebOS is released and made to work on the Pre3 (unlikely much before about this time next year but I would be delighted to be proved wrong on that) it won't have the same GPS issue and, maybe nDrive will still work with that (or be updated to work).

In short, if you need a SatNav anywhere near the meridian, learn to live with the limitations of Navit or get a stand-alone unit.
    Another function question.

When I tap the screen to bring up the Lane Assist, how do I close the Lane Assist? It goes away on its own once I take that lane.

Sometimes I want to close it because it takes up the top part of the screen but I'd like to see the road that's coming up on the map.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes, thanks to UberAppCat I have installed the Pre3 beta, and thanks to nDrive support I have switched my maps over to my device id so I now am back to where I was when I had my Pre2.

I will enjoy testing out the Pre3 sat nav now to see whether my Tungsten TX can finally be retired. I'm going to London tomorrow so that should be interesting!!
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    well??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari18 View Post
    Here's an email I just received from them on Pre3 Ndrive release:Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Are you going to leave us hanging
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I installed via UberApp Cat and then purchased maps. So far so good.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Just as an update - having given up on the NDrive staff and the constant back and forth with them and the varying answers from different sources, I've decided to take the plunge like everyone else.

Downloaded the beta Ndrive version and ordered the maps through the app using a credit card. (With the current conversion rate to USD, it cost me about $32).

I live in Brooklyn, NY - and so far, I've had no issues. The app works great and has successfully gotten me to and from a few places over the past week.

The only little annoying thing is that the BETA version of the app has these tiny little advertisement bars that pop up once in a while. It would be nice to get rid of these if anybody knows how.

So far, so good. I don't understand why they don't just release this beta. Everything appears to work great. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it works smoother than the app catalog version that's currently out for the Pre2.

I'll keep everyone posted if something changes.

Sucks that I had to pay for the maps twice, but I guess it is what it is.

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    ................So far, so good. I don't understand why they don't just release this beta. Everything appears to work great. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it works smoother than the app catalog version that's currently out for the Pre2.
    Got to agree with you, works great here in Australia.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Recently downloaded and just bought/downloaded US maps. I have a trip into Atlanta tomorrow. I know the route, but it'll be a chance to give Ndrive a try.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Got to agree with you, works great here in Australia.
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Recently downloaded and just bought/downloaded US maps.
    I bet you'll have a great experience. I sent an e-mail yesterday to Diogo, from the NDrive beta support team, asking if this was the best way to have NDrive permanently in my Pre 3.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Diogo, from the NDrive beta tester support team, has kindly extended my maps usage rights. I also asked him about when this fantastic app will reach the catalog, but he doesn't know: "Regarding the NDrive in webOS catalog I can't give you any news since I'm not aware of the actual process status".
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I bet you'll have a great experience. I sent an e-mail yesterday to Diogo, from the NDrive beta support team, asking if this was the best way to have NDrive permanently in my Pre 3.
    Worked like a charm! BTW, don't tell my wife, but I've got a crush on "Mary", the English voice! I keep expecting her to follow up each direction with "...you naughty boy!"

Also, my receipt for the map purchase says "Permanent license United States of America". Do I still need to contact them about extended map usage?
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Worked like a charm! BTW, don't tell my wife, but I've got a crush on "Mary", the English voice! I keep expecting her to follow up each direction with "...you naughty boy!"
    I guess you haven't heard 'Naughty Natalie' in action.
    I've got a crush on "Mary", the English voice!
    I bet that effect on the user wasn't foreseen by the programmers... Or was it? Anyway, those professional voices say a lot about the quality of the project.

my receipt for the map purchase says "Permanent license United States of America". Do I still need to contact them about extended map usage?
    I already asked that with no answer. I'd love to learn about how an app validates licenses against Navtek, to know for sure if it's something that will always be there. I'd bet so, as if it wasn't, the vendor could never say "permanent license". Navtek has in impressive developer site (it shows they serve millions of customers) that I've been checking, but that delicate subject of license checking is not obvious.

I've got NDRIVE beta on my PRE3 it's seems to works perfectly with the map I purchase

BUT

I ve got prob with GPS information : The signal seem too weak or too slow_updated to
    inform NDRIVE in real time (one update in 20mn)

I'v waited for 30mn in the outside but it worked not beter ..

have you meet the same Prob ??
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I already asked that with no answer. I'd love to learn about how an app validates licenses against Navtek, to know for sure if it's something that will always be there. I'd bet so, as if it wasn't, the vendor could never say "permanent license".
    Well, I just sent a message to NDrive through their support page. We'll see what happens.

New question: I just noticed this "NPlus" updater for NDrive 11 on their site and downloaded it. Does anyone know if it works for the Pre 3 beta version?
    -carldc