Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Interesting, installed that app and indeed it gives access to the beta of ndrive 6....
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    Now THAT is the question at hand. I already have the beta NDrive app. I just have no way of getting access to the maps!

How'd you manage that?

Ryan
    Hi

Regarding the question of how one gets the maps, well within the Beta 6 app menu I went to "Store" then "Add A Map", then choose your continent, then the specific country, then click Buy and go from there. Once purchased it appears in the tab next to Store called "My products" where you can download the purchased map.

Of course, I don't know what will happen if and when the final and official nDrive is released on HP App Catalogue, whether the maps I have purchased can be ported from the Beta to the Final version.

For me, at Eur19 for a UK map, I have decided to take the risk that I may have to pay for the same map again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Hi

Regarding the question of how one gets the maps, well within the Beta 6 app menu I went to "Store" then "Add A Map", then choose your continent, then the specific country, then click Buy and go from there. Once purchased it appears in the tab next to Store called "My products" where you can download the purchased map.

Of course, I don't know what will happen if and when the final and official nDrive is released on HP App Catalogue, whether the maps I have purchased can be ported from the Beta to the Final version.

For me, at Eur19 for a UK map, I have decided to take the risk that I may have to pay for the same map again.
    Does it use the app catalog (and so that region limited credit card), or is directly handled by ndrive (and so a generic cc would work) ?
    I am puzzled by folk not able to get beta versions !

I followed the instructions provided. Used the link they provided to download ndrive 11.4 sent the serial number off and received map needed.. Once for pre3 and once for touchpad. Both times no issue.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Was also able to download beta 6 version of Ndrive via uberappcat, purchased the USA maps (in Euros, bet my bank is going to call to confirm that purchase. Downloading them now. Didn't ever get an email back when I tried to get into the Beta tester program, so this is sweet! Can't seem to find uberappcat on my Touchpad though...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    The real question is ... are the purchased maps expiring or not ?
    If not expiring, it could be a solution, but otherwise I think it's not going to be simple, maybe, to get them extended.

I suppose that in the normal (non beta) app, the purchased map is permanent ( pending paying for updates)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    The real question is ... are the purchased maps expiring or not ?
    If not expiring, it could be a solution, but otherwise I think it's not going to be simple, maybe, to get them extended.

I suppose that in the normal (non beta) app, the purchased map is permanent ( pending paying for updates)
    I'm not going to pay to buy maps that are going to expire in a month. Anybody been using this method for more than a month or so?

Ryan
    The expiring maps are for beta access and FREE.
    learn to read
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The expiring maps are for beta access and FREE. learn to read
    That might sound a bit harsh, but it's true: When maps expire, I just ask the fine people of NDrive beta team to extend their usage rights. In this last occasion, I didn't even have to redownload them (as they warn about), which kind of surprised me. NDrive just warned me about expired maps, went to the in-app integrated store, confirmed that I wanted to transfer my purchases, and got the usual warning about a hefty download about to begin. This time, out of habit, I didn't read it, it was much smaller than usual, obviously not being the maps themselves. So here I am again, happily using NDrive till the end of this month, without the trauma of downloading whole maps again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Does it use the app catalog (and so that region limited credit card), or is directly handled by ndrive (and so a generic cc would work) ?
    Hi, I seem to remember that it was the latter, ie directly handled within and by nDrive, plus I did use my cc. App Catalog not involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    I'm not going to pay to buy maps that are going to expire in a month. Anybody been using this method for more than a month or so?

Ryan
    I think I have been using Beta 6 for between 2 and 3 months.
    Not entirely sure but I think they're not accepting any beta testers anymore.
    Pre 3 version works fine but some announced functionality was not included in the last beta version.
    I'm currently travelling (and using nDrive for Pre 3) in Asia and it works great.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I used UberAppCat app to find Ndrive Beta 6 and then I was able to purchase the USA maps and the program works great. Just hoping that there is no way that they disable the app functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    I used UberAppCat app to find Ndrive Beta 6 and then I was able to purchase the USA maps and the program works great. Just hoping that there is no way that they disable the app functionality.
    I was gonna ask about that. I hate that I already paid $50 for the maps on my pre2. I sent them a message from their support page asking to transfer but they never responded.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Wilhelm Faber
    Hello, NDrive is coming soon for Pre 3?
    Like 9 February at 11:00

NDrive Hi Wilhelm, We're doing our best to be present in all platforms, but given the large platform variables nowadays, we have no schedule to develop for the Pre 3. However, please keep checking our website for updated news. Thank you for your visit.
    9 February at 15:14 Like
    Not so like...
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    well that so sucks
  17. H
    Indeed. This is especially disappointing when by all accounts the app works and just needs to be visible in the app catalog
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Ndrive works fine on the pre3 though, as described above. In US you have to buy the maps in the store on the app itself, and you need WiFi working as they are a couple Gigabytes in size, but otherwise there isn't much more for the ndrive people to do. You have to use uberappcat is all..and they have no liability for the product, so I guess you use at your own risk.
    Well actually.. .a weird question.

Is uberappcat allowing to download the latest beta of ndrive, or is instead allowing to install a previous beta ?
    Has anyone checked ?

The version number I can see using uberappcat is : v11.3.33187 , from 9/20/11 , but I wonder if this is the latest beta
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I downloaded about a week ago and it was v11.3.03(33187)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities